Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2014, 05:47 PM   #2041
MrParty
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Anyone try this 25x12x9 Duro tire on a stock BW200? Will it fit ??

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...nobby-ATV-Tire

Looks like it might be rounder than the ATRs I have on now.
MrParty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:29 PM   #2042
RWBWheel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Bw 200 stuff

Bumper rack's - easy even with the thin rail's, I have been toting my 200 around and it work's great, added a platform ahead of the bike to hold gas can's etc. also a rear taillight for the Seattle traffic. I can post a pic if you like. the ramp makes it easy to load when dead tired and I don't even use it to get the bike down. found it for $60 on craigslist.
I also received with one of the bikes a rack made to bolt to the rear bumper of a motorhome or equivalent that could be converted with a little steel to a rack. with the hoops you have to lift it in though. I would be happy to sell that cheap to anyone on here. They are 2 separate units and would work for a 350 also...

SurferMO - I have a street legal 200 and used parts from rocky mountain, the Tusk harness and the turn signal/horn unit ,rear LED's and front LED's ARE from Doctor Enduro (very nice), I still cant get the high-low beam figured out but just let it run on the high beam the factory had it setup for.
The brake light had already been installed by previous owner.
I also want to add a Vapor style speedo and hours unit soon.

Skinny versus wide tires..
My first thought was that I don't see may cars and truck's running around these day's with the same tire profile that a model 'A' had and wider seems better on 4 wheels for a reason ( to a point)...I just don't know what it is.
In loose rock and steep terrain wide shines compared to skinny tire's and in the slop you can roost your buddy better than he can you!
When in tight spots on single-track my tires can ride a lot higher in tight rut's and between rocks and log's where the skinny tire can drop-in a lot deeper.. has advantages and disadvantages in my book .. just to much fun to not stop..
RWBWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:37 PM   #2043
SurferMO
uso02uso

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBWheel View Post
Bumper rack's - easy even with the thin rail's, I have been toting my 200 around and it work's great, added a platform ahead of the bike to hold gas can's etc. also a rear taillight for the Seattle traffic. I can post a pic if you like. the ramp makes it easy to load when dead tired and I don't even use it to get the bike down. found it for $60 on craigslist.
I also received with one of the bikes a rack made to bolt to the rear bumper of a motorhome or equivalent that could be converted with a little steel to a rack. with the hoops you have to lift it in though. I would be happy to sell that cheap to anyone on here. They are 2 separate units and would work for a 350 also...

SurferMO - I have a street legal 200 and used parts from rocky mountain, the Tusk harness and the turn signal/horn unit ,rear LED's and front LED's ARE from Doctor Enduro (very nice), I still cant get the high-low beam figured out but just let it run on the high beam the factory had it setup for.
The brake light had already been installed by previous owner.
I also want to add a Vapor style speedo and hours unit soon.

Skinny versus wide tires..
My first thought was that I don't see may cars and truck's running around these day's with the same tire profile that a model 'A' had and wider seems better on 4 wheels for a reason ( to a point)...I just don't know what it is.
In loose rock and steep terrain wide shines compared to skinny tire's and in the slop you can roost your buddy better than he can you!
When in tight spots on single-track my tires can ride a lot higher in tight rut's and between rocks and log's where the skinny tire can drop-in a lot deeper.. has advantages and disadvantages in my book .. just to much fun to not stop..

Great thanks for the info. I'll look into the Tusk setup
SurferMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:37 PM   #2044
MrParty
Adventurer

RWBWheel

I noticed in a post a few hundred pages back that you had a 25x12x9 Duro on a BW200. Was it mounted on the stock rim?

Can you give me an opinion on how it fits and rides? Is there enough clearance?? Any pictures??

My current tire, a Black Diamond 22x11x9 is really "square" and I am looking for something closer to the original.

Thanks in advance

Mr Party
Old 01-08-2014, 11:40 PM   #2045
RWBWheel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrParty View Post
RWBWheel

I noticed in a post a few hundred pages back that you had a 25x12x9 Duro on a BW200. Was it mounted on the stock rim?

Can you give me an opinion on how it fits and rides? Is there enough clearance?? Any pictures??

My current tire, a Black Diamond 22x11x9 is really "square" and I am looking for something closer to the original.

Thanks in advance

Mr Party
Mr Party, yes it is on the the stock 9 " rim (I drool for a 10 or 12" rim this year) worked fine and the tire fill's the swing-arm.
Pic of right side -

I went with the 4 ply's for less roll in the corners and more rock proof for the Cascade's.. I like them overall..
I just sold the bug-out 200 to a friend and will see how they compare to the original tires on it...

And I scored a cool old Blitz gas-can for the back of the BW for extended rides, fit's it pretty well and has a built-in storage box for that shifter lever that should be carried.

I like the chevron pattern overall and they have as round a shape as you can get I think..

RWBWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:54 AM   #2046
MrParty
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBWheel View Post
Mr Party, yes it is on the the stock 9 " rim (I drool for a 10 or 12" rim this year) worked fine and the tire fill's the swing-arm.
Pic of right side -

I went with the 4 ply's for less roll in the corners and more rock proof for the Cascade's.. I like them overall..
I just sold the bug-out 200 to a friend and will see how they compare to the original tires on it...

And I scored a cool old Blitz gas-can for the back of the BW for extended rides, fit's it pretty well and has a built-in storage box for that shifter lever that should be carried.

I like the chevron pattern overall and they have as round a shape as you can get I think..

Those look great. I thought they would only fit the BW350's.......

Thanks for the Pics and info.
Is there enough room to put on 6 mm
Studs on the back tire?? It looks pretty tight.

I sure like the "roundness" of those tires.

Thanks

Mr Party
Old 01-09-2014, 07:55 AM   #2047
MrParty
Adventurer

I love the tank!
Old 01-09-2014, 10:31 AM   #2048
MrParty
Adventurer

What's the actual model number of that rear tire? Is that the HF243?
Old 01-09-2014, 01:58 PM   #2049
jpswift1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrParty View Post
Anyone try this 25x12x9 Duro tire on a stock BW200? Will it fit ??

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...nobby-ATV-Tire

Looks like it might be rounder than the ATRs I have on now.
Before I found my NOS 23x11-9 Dunlop I was going to go with this tire:

http://www.revzilla.com/product/chen...rear-atv-tires

It looks like it has a nice round profile to it.

DMoBill, I'm very excited about all the work you're doing with the BW's. I'm going to want to purchase the eccentric adjuster kit when you have them ready for the BW200's.
jpswift1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:28 PM   #2050
palmstatecrawler
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 470
That old blitz can looks mint! Nice score!
'13 KTM 690 Enduro R w/ full akrapovic exhaust, Evo1 lid, uni filter, Renazco seat, hard parts windshield and footpad, scotts damper with BRP submount, hammerhead shifter, flatlands skidplate, lost dog centerstand, Touratech engine guards, r&g front and rear axle and exhaust sliders, piaa 1100's, Doubletake mirrors, G2cam system,
'07 Kawasaki KLX250, '86 Yamaha BW80
palmstatecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:36 PM   #2051
Sparkes
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21

Hey guys I would like to introduce my self. I just bought my first big wheel a few months ago she was in a bit of rough shape. but wit a lot of work here she is now.
Sparkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:34 PM   #2052
DEAVER
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
welcome, 350 lookin good. They're fun bikes to ride.
DEAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:41 PM   #2053
SurferMO
uso02uso

Oddometer: 37
350 topend swap

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I have a 85 BW200n kick start only. Is it possible to swap the topend of a 350 with the 200? Complete top end, piston, head/cylinder?
SurferMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:09 PM   #2054
dirtydeeds
I'm alive.

Oddometer: 2,505
Another thought. Maybe a ridiculous one. Will the TT/XT 500 or 600cc motors fit where the 350 motor is?
They're the same engine family, no?
dirtydeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:35 PM   #2055
DMOBill
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Surfer MO,

The BW350 top end will NOT fit the BW200. A warrior or raptor top end will fit the BW350. As for the BW200, there has been some speculation that a timberwolve 250 top end MAY fit, but no guarantees at this point.
DMOBill is offline   Reply With Quote