User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2014, 05:24 PM   #2746
Raymondgene1
n00b

Oddometer: 5
bw200 carb problems

hey guys , just a little info, I had bought a mikuni carb but had trouble with it fitting because of the tubing on top, well I found a company that sells a carb that replaces the original carb. it was $35.00 from wincycles.com in florida. when I opened the box I was disappointed to find the exact same tubing on the top of the carb but then ,in the bottom of the box was another cap with the bent tubing just like the original, yep! that's right . the carb came with two screw on caps with different angular tubing. just wanted to let yall know for any of yall having clearance issues. I will be installing carb tomorrow and will give updates later
Raymondgene1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:42 PM   #2747
sixpepper
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
electric start cdi's

Quote:
Originally Posted by whythawk View Post
Six are you working on some for the electric start bw200's ?
I sent you a pm with my contact info. Give me a call sometime.
Yes, that is my next project...I was in the Army down there in LA...back in the 70's...what city are u in..
sixpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:51 PM   #2748
sixpepper
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
pm's

oh, my computer won't allow me to open those private messages thru this site..trying to figure out why..
sixpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:21 PM   #2749
cheeseyboy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
What seems to be the most popular rear wheel for the bw200? And what size? What is a fair price for a running bw200?
cheeseyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:46 PM   #2750
cedric
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by heli-mech View Post
I am running the same oversized TW200 Ebay pegs on my BW200, they are great and very comfortable.

For us canadians they be ordered from a Ebay seller in ontario for $25.00 with fast & free shipping.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/370990893148?...ht_2133wt_1363
Anybody know if these will fit the early '80s XT250? Sure looks like they would. Otherwise maybe someone could post a few key dimensions for me of the mounting area? Like the height, width, depth of the mounting boss, and the size/position of the pivot hole? Appreciate any help, thanks.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:22 AM   #2751
DMOBill
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
XT250 Footpegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedric View Post
Anybody know if these will fit the early '80s XT250? Sure looks like they would. Otherwise maybe someone could post a few key dimensions for me of the mounting area? Like the height, width, depth of the mounting boss, and the size/position of the pivot hole? Appreciate any help, thanks.
Modern XT250 footpegs use a 10mm pin, where as most other Yamaha footpegs, including the TW200 use an 8mm pin. Yamaha seems to make a specific footpeg for every model that doesn't interchange with other models. The left BW200 and left TW200 footpeg are the same part, but the rights are different. If you get a cheap ebay set, they fit the BW200 due to the poor quality, because they are made too thin for the TW200 which is slightly wider than the BW200.

I will have some brand specific footpegs for both the BW200 and BW350 in May.

Bill
Old 04-16-2014, 07:54 PM   #2752
jfman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 679
Another BW for sale local

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-motocross/lon...ationFlag=true

2012 Versys 1000
Tour of the American West 2013
Alaska 2014: Hotel Budget Zero
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:14 AM   #2753
cedric
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMOBill View Post
Modern XT250 footpegs use a 10mm pin, where as most other Yamaha footpegs, including the TW200 use an 8mm pin.
Well thanks Bill, now I know they have an 8mm pin which is what my XT250 has. I guess I'll just order them and see how it goes.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:12 PM   #2754
dirtydeeds
I'm alive.

Oddometer: 2,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I put an ad on kijiji looking for 1. I've got 2 now.
The second one was dropped off for me. The owner brought it down from the Yukon.

It's in OK condition. It's had a rough life but is mostly complete. The rear brake linkage is missing and the carb or the throttle cable seems to be seized. The cable does move a bit, so my money is on the carb... Another $30 special will be ordered. I'll try the Wyncycle kit, this time. It looks like it's got part of a road sign in front of the back wheel. Not sure if something is missing behind it or not. I won't have time to get into it for a few weeks.

Anyhow I scored this one, with E start, for $300.
ATC350X
550MXC
dirtydeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:45 PM   #2755
whythawk
Sweet Home Alabama

Oddometer: 20
Cdi

Just curious, has anyone tried a non electric start cdi on an electric start bike ?
Would that work I wonder ?
whythawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:55 AM   #2756
Röhrich
big wheel freak

Oddometer: 117
I don´t know if that work. I think i have seen here in this forum that it is not possible. but maybe you can try.

Regards,
Röhrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:08 AM   #2757
TheJudge
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Finallly Complete!

Hello,

This 1987 bw200 came to me looking really rough. After many hours of sanding and brushing I had finally completed it. As soon as I had seen the bike I knew I needed to have it. Then that's when my obsession kicked in. Now done, don't want to get er dirty. Thanks to all that have provided the help in order to get it done, especially Bill for the swing are kits, awesome...

Now time to ride!

Greg
Attached Images

TheJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:11 PM   #2758
deiphen
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Does anyone have any advice for getting my BW350 legal to ride off road only in Arizona? Short rides up and down the street are fun but I want more! All I got was a hand written bill of sale.
deiphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:28 PM   #2759
HMMWV
Makin Dust

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by deiphen View Post
Does anyone have any advice for getting my BW350 legal to ride off road only in Arizona? Short rides up and down the street are fun but I want more! All I got was a hand written bill of sale.
I had my BW full street legal before they came out with the OHV program. Then I just got the OHV tag (since I don't plan on rolling down I-10 on it anytime soon).
https://servicearizona.com/webapp/offhighway/decal/

Not sure about the Bill of Sale. I'd head to a third party or straight to the DMV and start the process. I had to deal with a no-title transfer once and if you can't get the original owner to go to the DMV with you, it can turn into a PITA.
HMMWV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 04:39 PM   #2760
deiphen
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMMWV View Post
I had my BW full street legal before they came out with the OHV program. Then I just got the OHV tag (since I don't plan on rolling down I-10 on it anytime soon).
https://servicearizona.com/webapp/offhighway/decal/

Not sure about the Bill of Sale. I'd head to a third party or straight to the DMV and start the process. I had to deal with a no-title transfer once and if you can't get the original owner to go to the DMV with you, it can turn into a PITA.
Thanks!
deiphen is offline   Reply With Quote