Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2011, 06:59 AM   #181
Gargoyle
Trail Jester

Oddometer: 1,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
What makes this vendor able to get his for-profit company thread sticky'd at the top?
See post #15 and then ask Gadget Boy.

I am glad this post was stickied or I wouldn't have seen it. Now I own 2 RIGs.
Berkshire Trail Riders on Facebook or follow me on Twitter
Gargoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:45 PM   #182
angellr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Folks,

Just ordered one of these - the RIG 500 as the dog (new puppy) destroyed my Kriega hydration pack (chewed the rubber end off of the mouthpiece). Thanks Finn for the attention on the "sticky", as this is what made me investigate further. Will report back on the good/bad/ugly once I get it.

BTW, they are located about 60 miles up the road and spoke to the owner yesterday. Great customer service, excellent concept and looking forward to a hydration pack "under pressure".
angellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:08 AM   #183
JDLuke
Ravening for delight

Oddometer: 8,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by angellr View Post
Will report back on the good once I get it.
Accurized
JDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:34 AM   #184
RockyNH
Older Than Dirt!

Oddometer: 1,057
I have the 1600 pack, just did a dualsport ride and after 2 days, it was a blessing... I think someone else had commented the drink tube could be longer and I would agree... It likely will be effectively longer with the filter and the split tube but I did not need that this weekend.

BUT, it worked Fantastic... once pumped up, it made it so easy to drink while riding... no effort and the water just filled your mouth.. I was carrying water only (no ice) and it stayed reasonably cool throughout the day. It did not require repeated pumping either. 4 days later I drained the engine (not much water remained) and then had to drain the air bladder as it was still pressurized.

The pack itself is well made and plenty of places to stash "stuff". I can see stuffing more even on day trips where I may not have panniers etc on the bike.

I recommend it.. maybe I would have done myself better with the 1200 pack but extra room never hurts.

Bob & Company, thanks for a great product and great service!

Pat in NH

02 1800 Gold Wing - "Wing"
05 Ural Gear Up "Herbie"
07 F650GS - "Grasshopper" - Totaled July 2010
05 DR 650 - (?????) Purchased August 2010

Trip Report 2009 Trans Lab Highway

Trip Report 2010 James Bay & North Road Quebec
RockyNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:56 AM   #185
Edwood
n00b

Oddometer: 9
I recently purchased a Geigerrig Hydration Engine, but I noticed that it did not include a protective cover for the Bite Valve to keep dirt and such out.

I love the system, and how clean it is, but without a cover the Bite Valve, it can still get dirty from everything else.

Does Geigerrig plan on producing a bite valve cover, or does anyone know of a 3rd party solution? I've been searching for other manufacturer's bite valve covers, but doesn't really look like any of them will fit.

Does anyone have a DIY solution to share?
Edwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:11 AM   #186
Mr. Fisherman
Ray soon to be AWAY!

Oddometer: 10,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwood View Post
I recently purchased a Geigerrig Hydration Engine, but I noticed that it did not include a protective cover for the Bite Valve to keep dirt and such out.

I love the system, and how clean it is, but without a cover the Bite Valve, it can still get dirty from everything else.

Does Geigerrig plan on producing a bite valve cover, or does anyone know of a 3rd party solution? I've been searching for other manufacturer's bite valve covers, but doesn't really look like any of them will fit.

Does anyone have a DIY solution to share?
Squirt a little water and wash it off. I got a covered, insulated tube but have not used it. You can check the end of my ride report. Almost 1600 miles over 10 days on a little 250. I was glad to have my Giegerrig 1200 along with me. Review at the end of the report. Love it.
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:52 PM   #187
Edwood
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman View Post
Squirt a little water and wash it off. I got a covered, insulated tube but have not used it. You can check the end of my ride report. Almost 1600 miles over 10 days on a little 250. I was glad to have my Giegerrig 1200 along with me. Review at the end of the report. Love it.

Yeah, but when off the road in dirty/ muddy areas, I'd rather not waste that much water cleaning off the bite valve.

Apparently Geigerrig is working on a bit valve cover. Will especially be popular with the backcountry hiking folks.

I'll have to try one of those Geigerrig packs. The pack I have right now doesn't hold the Geigerrig engine well, because the pocket for it is not large enough for it when inflated. And it often become unclipped from the hanging loop, because with on the road, I'm not standing perfectly upright all the time. ;)
Old 07-19-2011, 02:24 PM   #188
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Hey ADV Riders! We've been reading about the need to cover and protect the drink tube for some time. The requests have come from various points of view...insulation for keeping things cool....insulation for keeping things from freezing...and protection from dirt and the elements. With the traditional hydration pack, keeping things cool is important because it is inconvenient and uncomfortable to have to suck hot water out of a drink tube. However, because of the spray action of the GEIGERRIG, you can simply spray out the warm/hot water until it gets cold and then you can drink. I like to spray the warm water onto my hands and face until I get to the cold water for drinking. The warm water quickly acts in much the same manner as perspiration does for cooling me down. And as for a neoprene cover to keep the water from freezing...it simply doesn't work that well. The neoprene only delays the freezing for just a few minutes. THE GEIGERRIG INSULATED TUBE GARAGE with compartments for an internal heat source...such as crushable hand warmers...will be introduced to retailers at the upcoming Outdoor Retailer Show, and will be available at www.GEIGERRIG.com in the fall. This accessory is designed for use with any hydration pack on the market today....

Name:  Tube Garage 4.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  154.6 KB
GEIGERRIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:28 PM   #189
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

Name:  Tube Garage 1.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  75.2 KB
Old 07-19-2011, 02:29 PM   #190
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

Name:  Tube Garage 5.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  172.3 KB
Old 07-19-2011, 02:30 PM   #191
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

Name:  Tube Garage 2.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  188.7 KB
Old 07-19-2011, 02:34 PM   #192
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

Bulb holder

In addition to the GEIGERRIG Tube Garage previously shown, we have quite a few other items, that were inspired by communication with the inmates here at ADV Rider. One such accessory is the GEIGERRIG Power Bulb Holder that allows you to strap the power bulb to various things and various places for easy, secured access to the pressure source for GEIGERRIG's patented pressurized system (watch for this item on www.GEIGERRIG.com--available for purchase in the next 3 months):

Name:  Power Bulb Holder.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  47.8 KB
Old 07-19-2011, 02:39 PM   #193
Edwood
n00b

Very nice, but how about a minimalist, simple cap for just the bite valve like most other companies offer, like Camel-pak, Platypus, etc?

I like the availability of a removeable bulb holder so that it can be used on other packs, like large internal frame hiking packs. Well, despite the huge, gaudy logo badge.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:41 PM   #194
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

Product development image for gear inspired by inmates here at ADVRIDER.... (Will be available for purchase this winter and next spring...)

Name:  RIG SHUTTLE MOTOR CYCLE 9 (2) - SMALL.jpg
Views: 1086
Size:  58.0 KB
Old 07-19-2011, 02:44 PM   #195
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

Different view....
Name:  RIG SHUTTLE HAND HELD 2-SMALL.jpg
Views: 1061
Size:  32.5 KB