User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2011, 12:10 PM   #271
GS eh!
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
Great Service

If anyone has any doubts about the service provided by Bob and crew DON'T!

I have bought a few items from them and have received phone calls to make sure everything was as requested, I took part in the filter promotion and there were multiple shipments. Bob followed up to make sure it all arrived and that I was happy with the product.

I have been using the RIG700 for a year now and it is great.

Recently I contacted them about the insulated tube and free bulb offer(really just a cheapo) I had asked Bob if it was possible to get a longer pump tube as mine was pulling out of the bulb. Bob went out of his way to make an extension piece for the air system and send it to me.

The air line is now long enough to fit my Ralley Pro jacket and it works with the RIG as well.

The big part of this is he receives the air lines in pre-cut lengths and cannot just send out an extra 10 inches, he cut apart one of the drink tubes and installed a set of the quick disconnects to add the length I had asked for and sent this though to me.

So my problem is solved thanks to a great bunch of people who actually give a damn about their customers.

The rest of the world should pay attention and learn a lesson.

Bob, thanks again,

Richard Sikich
GS eh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:53 PM   #272
OlyRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,242
Fantastic Customer Service!!

I've had my Geigerrig for almost a year now, and I love it! I used to get grief from other riders - They asked if I was taking my blood pressure. Then the hot weather showed up. Then I got questions. Then they got Geigerrigs.

Recently, I emailed Bob about my unit. He answered promptly as he always does. He fixed me up immediately with what I thought I needed. His follow-through and customer care are unequalled, IMHO. A couple of others come close, but nobody does it better!
Old 12-17-2011, 10:35 AM   #273
Mr. Fisherman
PROUD 2B Riff Raff!

Oddometer: 10,651
Still loving my 1200... tough rig...
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #274
naotweed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
I got a Rig 500 for Christmas, which I am really excited about. I can't wait to get my bike on the road this summer and do some trips with my new hydration system. Thanks for the ADV support and double thanks for such an awesome product! I wish I had this pack 2 years ago haha
naotweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #275
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Hey ADV Rider Crew,

First off... thank you for all of the communication and sharing about your experiences with GEIGERRIG packs. For the past year it has been great to see the communication here, but even better to run into so many of you at trade shows, events, and even at restaurants and in elevators at hotels. It's amazing how many of you there are out there. An amazing population of inmates out there.

I wanted to take a moment to let you know that your advice and feedback -- that we continue to take action on -- has resulted in GEIGERRIG again receiving Best In Show at the 2012 Winter Outdoor Retailer show as well as finalist in Munich Germany for the Hottest New Brands award at the ISPO show. Your feedback and communication has been great.

Feel free to keep communicating with the blog masters here about promotion available to registered inmates. It is our pleasure to continue this offer to such a great group of folks who take time to communicate with us and to provide meaningful and constructive feedback. THANKS AGAIN!

Bob Geiger, GEIGERRIG Hydration Packs
bob@hubcityoutdoor.com
GEIGERRIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:08 AM   #276
Frostbit
Is it cold in here?

Oddometer: 1,044
Thanks to alaskaleather.com I've been able to try out the 500 Rig, 1200 Rig, and the 1600 Rig. The 1200 has turned out to be the one that suits me best for riding and traveling. The 1600 turned out to be the ticket for my wife for mountain biking, skiing and traveling. All three styles are extremely well designed and bomb proof. The only question that I have is... on the 1600 Rig, how is the inflater bulb supposed to fit into the waist strap? It looks like a fair amount of engineering went into the little stretchy pocket that is accessed from inside the zippered pocket but the internal slit is centered so the bulb will not fit in there. I assume that there's something that I'm missing but it has me stumped.

Thanks for the great product,
Tracy

Check out WWW.RideDualSport.com forum.
Frostbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:02 PM   #277
wdeTA
TransAlp Adv

Oddometer: 448
Geigerrig on TheClymb

I saw Geigerrig had items for sale at TheClymb.com today (deal of the day kind of site for outdoor gear). Unfortunately by the time I got the email all the items were already sold out . Must be lots of people in the know about how good the stuff is. Maybe there'll be a next time and I'll see it sooner.

89 Transalp
01 XR400R
http://daleeva.smugmug.com/Motorcycle
wdeTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #278
OlyRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,242
Scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeTA View Post
I saw Geigerrig had items for sale at TheClymb.com today (deal of the day kind of site for outdoor gear). Unfortunately by the time I got the email all the items were already sold out . Must be lots of people in the know about how good the stuff is. Maybe there'll be a next time and I'll see it sooner.

I think "The Clymb" is a big scam!! I saw the email hit my inbox, and went right to their site. Geigerrig and the good Sigg bottles were *already* sold out. I think they show great products like the two of these, and then say they are *sold out* to keep you coming back to their site for the BS cheap stuff that they sell. They make you *think* you missed out on something...when it was never really there to begin with!

IMHO, of course.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:51 AM   #279
Lycan1
Grizzly herder

Oddometer: 773
Another ordered

I had some questions that this thread had not already covered so I emailed Bob. He was very quick to respond and very helpful. As a result I ordered a Rig 500 and a 3L Hydration engine. Now if they only had High-Vis, KTM Orange it would have been perfect.

Bob was very accommodating with my specific requests and gave me a deal on shipping. Personalized customer service in this "press 1 for that and press 2 for this" world are rare these days and I applaud Geigerrig and Bob for this!

I am looking forward to personally reviewing this rig from Moab in the spring.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:17 PM   #280
Bushveld
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
New order - Rig 1600

Thanks for offering the promo. This system replaces an old Platypus ziplock style bladder that has leaked for a long time. Looking forward to the upgrade.
Bushveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #281
Lycan1
Grizzly herder

Oddometer: 773
Thumb I week

I have my new Rig in hand, one week after getting a call back from Bob! Everthing looks great. Obviously I have not had a chance to use it yet, but every part looks and feels like top shelf material. Big thumbs up!

Bob also called me back to make sure that I was happy with the order. Where else would you get customer service and support like that!

Lycan1 screwed with this post 02-18-2012 at 08:17 AM
Lycan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #282
Mav
Something witty...

Oddometer: 3,709
Looks like a great product - do they ship to the UK??

-------------------------
All the gear.. no idea!
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:05 PM   #283
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
GEIGERRIG Shipping Overseas

Hey there ADV Riders...

Sorry for the lack of reply to the inquiries regarding shipping orders overseas....

100% of the on-line orders taken at the GEIGERRIG website are fulfilled by retailers who carry GEIGERRIG products. We do not undermine our retail dealers by fulfilling orders directly. Accordingly, if you place an order on our website, you will most often find (almost always), that there is a retailer somewhere who will pick up the order and fulfill it.

In the very few cases that the order cannot be fulfilled, you will be notified by our order management system.... In which case, I would appreciate it if you could e-mail me directly at bob@hubcityoutdoor.com.

In such cases, I'll make one more effort from my end to try to override the situation and find a way to get your order fulfilled.

I have seen orders come in from places all over the world, and I've seen them fulfilled by our retail dealer base.

But again...in the end, you won't be left hanging or damaged by placing an order with us. You guys here have a direct line to my desk: bob@hubcityoutdoor.com

I hope that this helps.

Again....thanks for the support here at ADV Rider!

Best Regards,

Bob Geiger
GEIGERRIG Hydration Packs
GEIGERRIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:17 AM   #284
Mav
Something witty...

Oddometer: 3,709
Thanks for the update - might help to put this info on your site

-------------------------
All the gear.. no idea!
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:19 PM   #285
igormortis
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,246
Hi, Im looking into some mounting options for the Shuttle pack. Can you give me the approx. dimensions of the pack when filled please?
igormortis is offline   Reply With Quote