User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2011, 08:40 PM   #1
bignslo OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
1st road report

OK lets see if I can do this. Last friday was supposed to be great weather up the coast to Ft Bragg so off I went.
Attached Images

bignslo screwed with this post 02-06-2011 at 08:42 PM Reason: have to figure out how to post image
bignslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:45 PM   #2
bignslo OP
Adventurer

first stop

Thought it might be like sailing on the bay but the ST is alot faster, more like flying a jet
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2011, 08:50 PM   #3
bignslo OP
Adventurer

spotted a whale

I took the 37west across to Lakeville-Petaluma Road then the Bodega road out to Bodega Bay. Along the way I finally spotted a whale on a ST.
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2011, 08:55 PM   #4
bignslo OP
Adventurer

the road out to Bodega was nice and clear of all those pesky bicycle people trying to stay in shape, glad they have jobs and only come out in mass on the weekends. On the ST they don't hear you coming. I would hate to hit one I don't have a hunting tag for a Schwinn. I backtracked up the hill a ways for a view of the bay and Bodega Head in the background.
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2011, 08:59 PM   #5
bignslo OP
Adventurer

Farther up the coast I stopped to see the bigger surf just North of Bodega Bay. Not much traffic and it was hard to stay within the speed limit today, but after passing a few Sherriffs I didn't go more than 10 over much.......
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2011, 09:00 PM   #6
bignslo OP
Adventurer

looking north
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2011, 09:03 PM   #7
bignslo OP
Adventurer

the farther north I went the more fog I ran into. It was supposed to be a clear day but what the heck I'm riding. Pt Arena Pier.
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2011, 09:03 PM   #8
bignslo OP
Adventurer

the surf
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2011, 09:09 PM   #9
bignslo OP
Adventurer

I continued enjoying my day off as I rode on up to Albion and headed South East on 128 towards Booneville through the Redwood forest. The road is nice and twisty but the canopy of huge trees keeps the road wet in alot of curves(who cares about the straights) and with sungalsses on it was hard to see the imperfections (ridges and whoops) so there was only a few places my mind yelled "holy shit" what was that....
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2011, 09:13 PM   #10
bignslo OP
Adventurer

once the road opened up to the skies (meaning light) the 128 is a dream. Verhicles ( german made cars) even pull over and let you pass or maybe it was might super bright high beams, either way I'm flying smooth here.
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2011, 09:14 PM   #11
bignslo OP
Adventurer

wrong pic
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2011, 09:20 PM   #12
squonker
Eat my shorts

Oddometer: 3,970
Doing great so far! Nice pics!

Ride Report: Canada North to South 2008 here
Drive Report: Ice Road Trucking 2005-2014 here

squonker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:23 PM   #13
bignslo OP
Adventurer

so I stop in Booneville and in front of the Market I have always found somebody interesting to talk to while stretching my legs and stomach(ice cream). This old guy and I started a conversation but I could not understand some of hiss words cause the oldtimers there have their own language/slang. He eventually tells me they Market man made him buy a banana and told him he was not welcome in the store anymore, He says he can't remember doing anything wrong or stealing from him. Anyway I get the jest of his conflict after he asks me 4 times where I'm from while we were talking. So I go into the store and tell the counter guy what a kick I got out of talking to this old coot and that he doesn't remember doing anything to be not welcome in the store. The store guy says " only every time he comes in he steals something," so he just makes him pay for whats in his pockets. What a kick. I hope to do that shit when I get older just to have fun.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:28 PM   #14
bignslo OP
Adventurer

After Booneville I scream down 128 to Cloverdale and south on 101 to lakevill-petaluma road to the 37 west to Vallejo just in time to catch a great sunset across Mare island with Mt Tamalpais on the horizon. Can you see the sleeping Indian Maiden? I'm almost home with about 300 smiles behind me for the day......Happy Trails you-all
Attached Images

Old 02-07-2011, 07:28 AM   #15
traindriver
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Nice pics enjoyed thanks
traindriver is offline   Reply With Quote