Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2011, 09:04 PM   #31
Bob Tosi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,600
thanks Joe. Do you have a return policy?
When you're lost in the wild and scared as a child. And death looks you bang in the eye, and your sore as a boil, its according to Hoyle to cock your revolver... and die. But the code of a man says "fight all you can" and self-dissolution is barred. In hunger and woe, its easy to blow... Its the hell-served-for-breakfast thats hard........Robert Service
Bob Tosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:24 PM   #32
motostrano
Supermotoman

Oddometer: 270
Yes, Bob. The 39 can be returned for either refund/ exchange.

The 37, being a close-out, can be returned, for store credit/ exchange.

14 day return period, from the time of receipt.

Thanks,

Joe
Ask me anything at all. CALL or TEXT 650-918-6259, PM or click www.motostrano.com SIDI, Wolfman Luggage, Gimoto. "advrider" code for 10% off Wolfman Luggage shipping out of our California retail store.
motostrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:32 PM   #33
Bob Tosi
Beastly Adventurer

Well pay day is around the corner
When you're lost in the wild and scared as a child. And death looks you bang in the eye, and your sore as a boil, its according to Hoyle to cock your revolver... and die. But the code of a man says "fight all you can" and self-dissolution is barred. In hunger and woe, its easy to blow... Its the hell-served-for-breakfast thats hard........Robert Service
Old 02-22-2011, 09:34 PM   #34
motostrano
Supermotoman

take your time. the 39s are just this week hitting our shelves.

Joe
Ask me anything at all. CALL or TEXT 650-918-6259, PM or click www.motostrano.com SIDI, Wolfman Luggage, Gimoto. "advrider" code for 10% off Wolfman Luggage shipping out of our California retail store.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:34 PM   #35
Bob Tosi
Beastly Adventurer

What is the fit like on the fx-18?
Old 02-22-2011, 09:50 PM   #36
motostrano
Supermotoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Tosi View Post
What is the fit like on the fx-18?
That I don't know. I haven't spent enough time with this one to recall.

Joe
Old 02-22-2011, 10:07 PM   #37
Bob Tosi
Beastly Adventurer

what have customers said so far?
Old 02-23-2011, 03:10 PM   #38
Brtp4
Do what you love.

Oddometer: 1,957
This is Motostrano Joe's question, I want to be respectful and not hijack it. But I do have something that may help you gentlemen. I tried the FX18 a while back (at a Parts Showcase) and it had a greatly improved fit. I compared it to the FX37 directly, and did not notice the forehead pressure that (37) had. The AFX rep was emphatic that this issue was going to be cured on the FX-39, and that it woudl fit similar to the FX18 I tried. I feel he was accurate and sincere.

Everything I have heard indicates that the FX-39 will be a better fitting helmet. I do not feel you will have issues with it.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:45 PM   #39
Bob Tosi
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I tried the FX18 a while back (at a Parts Showcase) and it had a greatly improved fit. I compared it to the FX37 directly, and did not notice the forehead pressure that (37) had. The AFX rep was emphatic that this issue was going to be cured on the FX-39, and that it woudl fit similar to the FX18 I tried. I feel he was accurate and sincere.

Everything I have heard indicates that the FX-39 will be a better fitting helmet. I do not feel you will have issues with it.
Not to be repetitive but Im just trying to get a good handle on the fit of the FX-18 or the 39. The prices are super great and Joe's policy sounds great too. Im just not one for wanting to return stuff like this. I like trying my gear on to be sure.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:09 PM   #40
motostrano
Supermotoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brtp4 View Post
This is Motostrano Joe's question, I want to be respectful and not hijack it. But I do have something that may help you gentlemen. I tried the FX18 a while back (at a Parts Showcase) and it had a greatly improved fit. I compared it to the FX37 directly, and did not notice the forehead pressure that (37) had. The AFX rep was emphatic that this issue was going to be cured on the FX-39, and that it woudl fit similar to the FX18 I tried. I feel he was accurate and sincere.

BP
Ditto, what he said.

and i'm sure one of us will be posting some stuff up here once the thing is on the shelf.

we just took delivery of the new AGV AX8 DUAL helmet, incidentally.

joe
Old 02-23-2011, 07:49 PM   #41
Bob Tosi
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
we just took delivery of the new AGV AX8 DUAL helmet, incidentally
Ahhhhhh.....the plot thickens..

This is a very nice helmet indeed. What are the safety ratings?

It actually looks more dirt/off road/MX'y than the Arai or Shoei.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:48 PM   #42
motostrano
Supermotoman

indeed.

the AX8 Dual is ECE and DOT. Standard AGV protocol. Extremely light weight and a compact design. Makes the ICON Variant seem bulbous.

our info on it is here:

http://www.motostrano.com/agvax8helmet.html
Old 02-24-2011, 09:10 AM   #43
motostrano
Supermotoman

and, just spent some off-bike time in an AX8.

the AX8 is a very comfortable and solid feeling helmet, inside and out. very comfortable liner, good feeling exterior and mechanisms.

because folks are asking, who like to have the option of riding with goggles when needed and with the shield when wanted- you can't fit goggles on the helmet without removing the shield- the opening is too narrow for that, which is easy to do.

joe
Old 03-01-2011, 01:22 PM   #44
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,802
To avoid confusion.. I think you meant AFX-39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brtp4 View Post
...back on topic.....

AFX has just released a few new additional colors of the FX-37 Dual Sport. These are an expansion of the Urban Camo design, and include:

Orange Urban Camo:

Yellow Urban Camo:

Green Urban Camo:

We also did a little research on the shield situation between the FX-39 and the AFX FX-37. Seems AFX had heard the many complaints about shield distortion from users, but could not replicate or identify it in a lab. They were sending shields to TUV in Germany for testing, and they all came through as optically correct. The same production materials and techniques yielded no issues on other AFX models. But still, customers felt the shield distorted. AFX finally determined that it was human factors, the curve of the shield created issues with people that resulted in distortion. On this model, AFX changed the curvature of the shield, to make it flatter. This has yielded much better clarity.

They are due in approx 3/14.

BP
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:27 PM   #45
Brtp4
Do what you love.

Oddometer: 1,957
"thank you sir may i have another."

bp

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote