Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2013, 09:26 AM   #691
Toysoldier
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
does anyone have any experience with the THH version?

i wanted a Fly version then came across this post (Thanks for all the info)

so looked into the AFX version but they wear state site only (im in the uk)

then found the THH version at half the price of the FLY and the AFX so ordered one 62 about $90 i think

does anyone know if the FLY or the AFX visors/shields will fit the THH it should as there all the same but im not sure.
Toysoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:20 AM   #692
Toysoldier
Adventurer

it arrived today fits snug and is very comfy so far wile looking at it it reminded me of another helmet i had spotted a week back in a shop its called a SPADA sting in the uk and from the photos it looked identical.

i will be comparing my THH to my pals FLY when we go out later on.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:24 PM   #693
FrostyBM
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Fly Trakker weight

Hi lads, could someone please post the weight of the Trekker? I have neck problems and need to keep the helmet weight down.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #694
Brtp4
Yea, its a friggin L

Oddometer: 1,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBM View Post
Hi lads, could someone please post the weight of the Trekker? I have neck problems and need to keep the helmet weight down.
I should be able to get that later. What size? IIRC they are about 3.6 - 3.7 actual (not claimed) lbs.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:28 AM   #695
FrostyBM
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Size L was the one I tried on in the shop. Your quoted weight was about what I had seen elsewhere, so Im ok about that. Its just the right weight for my old neck, so I may have found a new helmet.
Anyone know if the sunshade part shown in this thread is available in Australia?
Old 07-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #696
Hambonee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 176
Not sure if repeat but a good article from someone who crash tested this helmet at around 70mph they say..

Link...

http://rideapart.com/2013/06/crash-t...h-safety-gear/
Hambonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #697
sagedrifter
Southern Explorer

Oddometer: 1,410
I've crash tested a MX helmet on the street, it actually did great. Much better than any modular type.

My only complaint on the AFX is fit, hard to get it right IMO. Too big or too small. You have to get one that feels much too tight because the line settles in big time. My cheek pads loosened up a lot also. It felt a nice and snug when new and now its too loose after two years. The first year was good and secure. Go a size smaller than you think even if its a tight fit. My other helmets didn't change much, my old LO modified N102 is still snug, Shark helmets still fit like new etc...

Too bad replacement liners are not around. My DS39 is getting too sloppy to use now. But, I did use it almost daily for 6 months straight and now its once a month. Work sucks...
sagedrifter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #698
bash3r
I ain't no DingWeed

Oddometer: 1,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagedrifter View Post
I've crash tested a MX helmet on the street, it actually did great. Much better than any modular type.

My only complaint on the AFX is fit, hard to get it right IMO. Too big or too small. You have to get one that feels much too tight because the line settles in big time. My cheek pads loosened up a lot also. It felt a nice and snug when new and now its too loose after two years. The first year was good and secure. Go a size smaller than you think even if its a tight fit. My other helmets didn't change much, my old LO modified N102 is still snug, Shark helmets still fit like new etc...

Too bad replacement liners are not around. My DS39 is getting too sloppy to use now. But, I did use it almost daily for 6 months straight and now its once a month. Work sucks...
Have you tried the Fly Trekker? It's perfect sizing for me, love this helmet!! Wear it no matter what bike I'm riding

Adventuring on my WR250R...

or hitting the twisties on Tail of the Dragon..

So far its my favorite, got a Shoei DS Hornet sitting on the shelf...

Gonna pick up a sun shield from Atomic Moto before I head to Colorado in a few weeks..

ADV Gear | 3 Step Hideaway |Campground POIs
bash3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:04 AM   #699
Hambonee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 176
Quote:

I know they sell some replacement cheekpads etc for the helmet..wonder if new ones would help.

I use a large in most helmets and wear a 7 and 3/8th hat. Says it is a MED for the FX39 so ordered that. Hopefully it will work as they size big people say and I am on the line usually between a M and LG anyways.
Hambonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:41 AM   #700
Brtp4
Yea, its a friggin L

Oddometer: 1,957
Quote:

Sagedrifter is 100% correct on the sizing on the AFX. Good helmet, but very tricky to size. We have much better luck with the Fly Trekker.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #701
Toysoldier
Adventurer

My only moan with the thh version the ear space , my ears touch the side and with speaker's its uncomfortable. Is the afx and fly the same?

And the side not so secure on my scala g9 bitnof moding will be takeing place

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk HD
Old 07-11-2013, 06:31 PM   #702
bash3r
I ain't no DingWeed

I run my Sena on my Fly 100% of the time and the speakers don't touch my ears.. here's some photos

Old 07-12-2013, 06:16 AM   #703
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by bash3r View Post

hitting the twisties on Tail of the Dragon..

I hit the Dragon in my AFX. Purchased it specifically for that trip.Did Skyline Dr and BRP on the way there. Use it a lot since. Like it too.

Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers

Rusty Rocket screwed with this post 07-12-2013 at 06:28 AM
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #704
bash3r
I ain't no DingWeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rocket View Post
I hit the Dragon in my AFX. Purchased it specifically for that trip.Did Skyline Dr and BRP on the way there. Use it a lot since. Like it too.
Hahah! Exactly where I put my sticker on my Fly

Old 07-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #705
2 Dogs
2 Dogs

Oddometer: 102
I've got a brand new one for sale over in the Flea Market. High Vis Yellow- size L
2 Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote