Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2011, 06:51 PM   #106
sagedrifter
Southern Explorer

Oddometer: 1,412
Oh my... Silver XXL. It might just make it for my mid April DS ride...

sagedrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:12 AM   #107
Mr. Fisherman
PROUD 2B Riff Raff!

Oddometer: 10,651
First ride with my new matte black XL. Very well behaved up to 75 when passing on the interstate. A bit foggy in the cold night air when stopped but pretty good ventilation to keep it clear when moving. Cracking the visor open took care of it.
I was surprised how quiet this helmet is with the visor down.
Great visibility, hardly noticed the visor was down.
Vents are a bit wonky.
Plastic detail is not quite secured all the way down on the right side, minor issue for an inexpensive lid.
I wish I had gotten the XXL as my cheeks are pretty squished together, forcing my cheeks into my teeth. I may have to order some XXL cheek pads.
I am impressed with the padding, very nice and removable for cleaning.
Love the new clasp and ratchet chin strap. Way too much strap in it and I think the tag end was flapping and smacking the lid at speed. I will tape it or shorten it later.
There were some pieces that I am not sure what they are for. Maybe covers if you remove the peak or screen?

Pretty nice lid for this price and may well become my favorite.
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:26 AM   #108
Brtp4
Do what you love.

Oddometer: 1,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman View Post
First ride with my new matte black XL. Very well behaved up to 75 when passing on the interstate. A bit foggy in the cold night air when stopped but pretty good ventilation to keep it clear when moving. Cracking the visor open took care of it.
I was surprised how quiet this helmet is with the visor down.
Great visibility, hardly noticed the visor was down.
Vents are a bit wonky.
Plastic detail is not quite secured all the way down on the right side, minor issue for an inexpensive lid.
I wish I had gotten the XXL as my cheeks are pretty squished together, forcing my cheeks into my teeth. I may have to order some XXL cheek pads.
I am impressed with the padding, very nice and removable for cleaning.
Love the new clasp and ratchet chin strap. Way too much strap in it and I think the tag end was flapping and smacking the lid at speed. I will tape it or shorten it later.
There were some pieces that I am not sure what they are for. Maybe covers if you remove the peak or screen?
Yes, those are shield covers for when you use w/o the visor. AFA the strap, mine was stupid long too. I have since cut and melted it.

Glad you liked it. It really is a good helmet.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:37 AM   #109
Mr. Fisherman
PROUD 2B Riff Raff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brtp4 View Post
Yes, those are shield covers for when you use w/o the visor. AFA the strap, mine was stupid long too. I have since cut and melted it.

Glad you liked it. It really is a good helmet.

BP
Can I get a set of XXL cheek pads from you?
Old 04-01-2011, 08:40 AM   #110
Brtp4
Do what you love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman View Post
Can I get a set of XXL cheek pads from you?
Yes, but they are not arriving for another few weeks. I will set up a B/O for you.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Old 04-01-2011, 12:06 PM   #111
soyanarchisto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,421
Brian, do you know if the cheek pads from the FX-39 will fit in the FX-37? I have a large and its a tad tight.
soyanarchisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:56 PM   #112
Abomb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
I just ordered one from Brtp4 in white/XL. Once I get it and give a thorough test ride, I will report back.
Abomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #113
Mr. Fisherman
PROUD 2B Riff Raff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brtp4 View Post
Yes, but they are not arriving for another few weeks. I will set up a B/O for you.

BP
You are the greatest.

Let me know how much and how you want it.

I am going to keep riding in it to see it they compress enough, but I really doubt it...
Old 04-01-2011, 02:10 PM   #114
boxer0987
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenduro View Post
My Large silver came today. It fits my melon perfectly

Fit and finish is superb and dare I say, it is one of the most comfortable helmets I've ever worn-very light. Shield is very clear with no noticeable distortions.

Three days from order to delivery WOW!

Now to try it out on the road/trail.

Thanks Atomic.
Do you know if the exo 700 has the same molding as the exo 1000. I had the 1000 and it had way to much forehead pressure. Could only leave on for about 5 minutes before I had a splitting headache. If so then it's not looking like the afx 39 is going to fit my head.
boxer0987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:30 PM   #115
Brtp4
Do what you love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soyanarchisto View Post
Brian, do you know if the cheek pads from the FX-39 will fit in the FX-37? I have a large and its a tad tight.
They do not, but thinner cheekpads for the 37 are available for $19. It will take 2 business days to receive them in. PM me if you would like a set.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Old 04-01-2011, 06:25 PM   #116
sagedrifter
Southern Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxer0987 View Post
Do you know if the exo 700 has the same molding as the exo 1000. I had the 1000 and it had way to much forehead pressure. Could only leave on for about 5 minutes before I had a splitting headache. If so then it's not looking like the AFX 39 is going to fit my head.

The Scorpion's are round shaped head helmets, some say they are intermediate oval. But if your an oval head or average American head shape, all you need is a good spoon to compress the Styrofoam at the pressure points. I found the EXO 400 had a more oval fit but it still needs some fine tuning on my head. The only helmet that fit my long oval head out of the box is the Shark RSI. I picked up my last one for $150 on ebay. My other one was $120... Shipped... I'm a helmet collector it seems, I've used most of them out there looking for my favorites.

The AFX DS-39 has been reported to be a North American head shape... So, it should be a better fit than a Scorpion brand street helmet. The Scorpions felt short in the forehead front to back. I did like the helmets but, the Shark is better quality and less weight. The Shark RSI vents about the same, the shield is very thick and nice, but the hold open when cracked open is weak. It will slam shut over 80 mph on my FJR and 70 mph on the DR650. Once I get the new AFX I'll report on the fit from a long oval head view point... I'm pretty sure it will be fine. I know guys with a oval head like mine say the Zox Roost fits well so, the 39 supposed to be a little better.. Sounds like a winner.

sagedrifter screwed with this post 04-01-2011 at 06:35 PM
Old 04-01-2011, 09:41 PM   #117
nonamehorse
Concrete Jungle

Oddometer: 164
Need a new knock-around lid for summer. Ordered a Silver Large, hope it's still in stock.
Thanks for all the info!
nonamehorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:58 AM   #118
boxer0987
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagedrifter View Post
The Scorpion's are round shaped head helmets, some say they are intermediate oval. But if your an oval head or average American head shape, all you need is a good spoon to compress the Styrofoam at the pressure points. I found the EXO 400 had a more oval fit but it still needs some fine tuning on my head. The only helmet that fit my long oval head out of the box is the Shark RSI. I picked up my last one for $150 on ebay. My other one was $120... Shipped... I'm a helmet collector it seems, I've used most of them out there looking for my favorites.

The AFX DS-39 has been reported to be a North American head shape... So, it should be a better fit than a Scorpion brand street helmet. The Scorpions felt short in the forehead front to back. I did like the helmets but, the Shark is better quality and less weight. The Shark RSI vents about the same, the shield is very thick and nice, but the hold open when cracked open is weak. It will slam shut over 80 mph on my FJR and 70 mph on the DR650. Once I get the new AFX I'll report on the fit from a long oval head view point... I'm pretty sure it will be fine. I know guys with a oval head like mine say the Zox Roost fits well so, the 39 supposed to be a little better.. Sounds like a winner.

Thank you. Have you already ordered the fx 39? When are you suppose to get it? I am itching to order this helmet.
boxer0987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:04 AM   #119
sagedrifter
Southern Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxer0987 View Post
Thank you. Have you already ordered the fx 39? When are you suppose to get it? I am itching to order this helmet.
Yep, I'm waiting on a XXL, looks like a week or so more. I'm on the east coast, UPS will need some time to get it over here once Atomic gets it.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:49 PM   #120
CamoGreg
Can you see me?

Oddometer: 4,119
I wear a Med. Arai XD and wouldn't want to go any tighter. Am I safe with a Med. in the 39?

This one has my name on it.
Any idea of an ETA?