ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2014, 07:53 AM   #2926
XB12R
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig McCurdy View Post
Unless you want to "PAY"!
I haven't been caught yet. Jeff, what was the fine?
Old 05-15-2014, 03:10 PM   #2927
Apple Jam OP
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangshelly View Post
Jeff can tell you what route NOT to take
$125 fine.
and it was.....kinda worth it !
Interesting views of Adams from the East side...
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 03:26 PM   #2928
XB12R
Beastly Adventurer

Sounds like money we'll spent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2014, 10:09 PM   #2929
XB12R
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_PDX View Post
Anybody have an interesting route from Hood River to Yakima (and back...I.e. Loop)?
Another way if you don't mind taking a chance.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...ghlight=Simcoe
Old 05-16-2014, 12:28 AM   #2930
Baroquenride
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 645
Pissed Speedfab speedy????

So tonight my rear subframe is sitting in the shop of Speedfab welding on Hwy 99 in Hazel Dell. I brought it in last Friday when I tore the bike down and was told it would be done Wed. I called that afternoon and the owner said it would be done first thing Thurs morning. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and came in Thurs afternoon and the subframe is sitting on the bench and hasn't been touched. The shop guy said he wasn't told about that and to get it done that day. He stated, "I'm going home at 4:30p (it's now 4:00p) and it should be done tomorrow morning (Friday)." All this to say that A) Speedfab isn't what their name implies, and B)I don't think my Husky will be put back together by Sunday since I'll be gone all day Sat to a swap meet in Monroe, Wa. I'm hoping the welds look better than they did on my heatshield....

Have fun guys and I'll be on the next one!
Old 05-16-2014, 06:44 AM   #2931
XB12R
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baroquenride View Post
So tonight my rear subframe is sitting in the shop of Speedfab welding on Hwy 99 in Hazel Dell. I brought it in last Friday when I tore the bike down and was told it would be done Wed. I called that afternoon and the owner said it would be done first thing Thurs morning. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and came in Thurs afternoon and the subframe is sitting on the bench and hasn't been touched. The shop guy said he wasn't told about that and to get it done that day. He stated, "I'm going home at 4:30p (it's now 4:00p) and it should be done tomorrow morning (Friday)." All this to say that A) Speedfab isn't what their name implies, and B)I don't think my Husky will be put back together by Sunday since I'll be gone all day Sat to a swap meet in Monroe, Wa. I'm hoping the welds look better than they did on my heatshield....

Have fun guys and I'll be on the next one!
I could of had that welded up for you in probably 20 minutes. Did you get the engine back together?
Old 05-16-2014, 09:57 AM   #2932
Detritivores

Oddometer: 24
I think I'll be tagging along on this one!
Detritivores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:13 AM   #2933
Baroquenride
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by XB12R View Post
I could of had that welded up for you in probably 20 minutes. Did you get the engine back together?
It's aluminum and I wanted it TIG welded. After this fiasco, I'll be looking for another shop that does TIG welding- and can get it done ON TIME. Thanks SPEEDFAB, thanks alot.
Yes, got the valves checked and they were good. Total PITA compared to my Ninja 250. Hopefully fixed the leaky valve cover so I'll have a clean engine now. New coolant; and checked all the oil screens and new oil/filter; and hopefully subframe braced properly.

EDIT: I picked it up this afternoon and the shop guy was very apologetic and sincere stating he doesn't operate like that and also discounted the welding. That goes a long way with me. The welding looked beautiful btw. Sounds like the owner dropped the ball in relaying the info and the shop guy was just trying to follow orders.

Baroquenride screwed with this post 05-16-2014 at 03:46 PM
Baroquenride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:15 PM   #2934
Mustangshelly
Adventurer...hardly

Oddometer: 548
So, Squishy & Scott, I hear that you are coming out here tomorrow. can I ride with ya'll tomorrow? Maybe skirt a gate or two?
Mustangshelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:23 PM   #2935
Squishy
Positively charged

Oddometer: 1,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangshelly View Post
So, Squishy & Scott, I hear that you are coming out here tomorrow. can I ride with ya'll tomorrow? Maybe skirt a gate or two?
Ah...sure, especially since we will be cookin up a storm in your kitchen & topping off your septic system!

Just kidding, i'm bringing my sealed dried foods & camp gear. I will be there between 4:30 AM & noon, probably closer to noon.

Planning on an easy afternoon, loitering around the river towns & there public houses.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:33 AM   #2936
TourPros
Local wherever I go

Oddometer: 2,043
Uh Oh

Its Them and They

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
Ah...sure, especially since we will be cookin up a storm in your kitchen & topping off your septic system!

Just kidding, i'm bringing my sealed dried foods & camp gear. I will be there between 4:30 AM & noon, probably closer to noon.

Planning on an easy afternoon, loitering around the river towns & there public houses.
TourPros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 12:59 AM   #2937
bgt595
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Suicide Grade (ride) 5-18

A small group of us west-siders are getting plans together to head that way before the 10AM start time.

We are intending on leaving a couple trucks and a trailer or two in Mosier at the Totem Pole.

Obviously the route being taken is in flux, but is there a chance that it might end near Mosier? Too much hiway on DRZs and XR650L/Rs can be torturous.

Hope to meet some new folks.
bgt595 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:58 AM   #2938
Detritivores

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgt595 View Post
A small group of us west-siders are getting plans together to head that way before the 10AM start time.

We are intending on leaving a couple trucks and a trailer or two in Mosier at the Totem Pole.

Obviously the route being taken is in flux, but is there a chance that it might end near Mosier? Too much hiway on DRZs and XR650L/Rs can be torturous.

You should have no problem avoiding the interstate by taking HWY 30 or 7 mile rd back to Mosier...both of which have great views.
Detritivores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 09:29 AM   #2939
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 2,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy View Post

Nothing like a last minute valve check the night before...got the bike done right before midnight. Starting to pack this morning hopting to be there at the crack of Noon-ish - providing my home-made hitch hauler doesn't drop my bike on the Interstate. Shelley, maybe you can show us around some of your favorite local out of the way spots (Especially ones that that don't have the word Suicide in them). Now....where did I put that raingear...

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:22 AM   #2940
Mustangshelly
Adventurer...hardly

Oddometer: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgt595 View Post

Just to put this into perspective...Jeff will be riding MY Dr200, since his 990 is still sitting up on a block in our living room waiting for the springy, bouncy parts to come back all new and straight. Too much highway on a DR200 isn't pleasant either.
Mustangshelly is offline   Reply With Quote