Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2011, 11:38 AM   #46
BlueDreamWay
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakou View Post
What is the cost of Petrol per liter now in Turkey?
About Syria do you need visa prior to getting in the border? carnett de pass?
internanional driver lisence?

we follow all the way tarmac road with good quality.Alanya-Mersin road and Kalkan-Antalya roads are fantastic.
you can do also "free camping" its safe.
Street food or fancy restaurants are cheap and perfect.A lots of fresh fruit...
Petrol is most expensive in the world:
But good quality.and you dont need to cary extra full.
Syria border can be realy crowded at weekends
this is very simple. you need just a passport. you don't need visas etc.
I had ridden 3.500 miles in the middle east last spring , policeman never stopped me so you don't need international driver lisence. ( if you have international driver lisence, you can keep it in your topcase but nobody knows your language so you don't need it )
BlueDreamWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:27 PM   #47
zakou
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 984
I heard many stories !!

Maybe if you have turkish plates and nationality its not a big deal to go to syria and jordan but for others I have read in horizon unlimited that I must have visa for both countries prior to getting at the border otherwise there is a lot of waiting time ! Also from others I heard that I must buy insurance for the motorcycle because the green card its not valid there something like 80euros for that and there is an entry fee!! To tell you the truth I am little bit confused from all the different stories I have read so far!!!

Hi Dicky
Petrol is getting expensive here in Greece too!! 1,65 euro per liter ! I think Greece and Turkey have the most expensive petrol all over the world !! Now dont ask where all the Petrol TAX goes ...............everybody knows that :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakarboyturkey View Post
this is very simple. you need just a passport. you don't need visas etc.
I had ridden 3.500 miles in the middle east last spring , policeman never stopped me so you don't need international driver lisence. ( if you have international driver lisence, you can keep it in your topcase but nobody knows your language so you don't need it )
zakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:01 AM   #48
BlueDreamWay
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Maybe if you have turkish plates and nationality its not a big deal to go to syria and jordan but for others I have read in horizon unlimited that I must have visa for both countries prior to getting at the border otherwise there is a lot of waiting time ! Also from others I heard that I must buy insurance for the motorcycle because the green card its not valid there something like 80euros for that and there is an entry fee!! To tell you the truth I am little bit confused from all the different stories I have read so far!!!

Hi Dicky
Petrol is getting expensive here in Greece too!! 1,65 euro per liter ! I think Greece and Turkey have the most expensive petrol all over the world !! Now dont ask where all the Petrol TAX goes ...............everybody knows that :)

I saw a lot of european people in the border I remember they had not visas... I am not sure for other nations..
sometimes you can wait in the border especially turkey/syria border (cilvegözü or yayladağ borders) because there are a lot of trucs, buses etc. so too crowded. If you go to jordan from syria generally you can t wait but if you want to go lebanon from syria you must wait..
you will buy insurance for your bike and you will pay 18 euros. not 80 euros. yes, green card is not valid. and other payment is entry feel. it is about 8-10 euros per border..
otherwise you must change money in the border. this is law !!! there are so many people wait for you in borders for help you and earn money from you. if you find someone you can t wait and you dont have any problems. you just pay 10-15 euros for all..
Old 02-24-2011, 01:00 AM   #49
zakou
Studly Adventurer

Thank you!!!

tHANK YOU FOR THE INFO I REALLY APRECIATE THAT!!
ANY MORE INFO ABOUT JORDAN AND SYRIA IT IS MORE THAN WELCOME !!!
LIKE FOR EXAMPLE PLACES TO STAY!!
HOW THINGS WITH MOTORCYCLES AT NIGHT ? DID YOU STAY AT PLACES WITH SAFE PARKING?
ARE GPS ILLEGAL IN JORDAN OR SYRIA ? IF I RECALL ITS ONE OF THE TWO COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD THAT GPS IS ILLEGAL!

Quote:
I saw a lot of european people in the border I remember they had not visas... I am not sure for other nations..
sometimes you can wait in the border especially turkey/syria border (cilvegözü or yayladağ borders) because there are a lot of trucs, buses etc. so too crowded. If you go to jordan from syria generally you can t wait but if you want to go lebanon from syria you must wait..
you will buy insurance for your bike and you will pay 18 euros. not 80 euros. yes, green card is not valid. and other payment is entry feel. it is about 8-10 euros per border..
otherwise you must change money in the border. this is law !!! there are so many people wait for you in borders for help you and earn money from you. if you find someone you can t wait and you dont have any problems. you just pay 10-15 euros for all..
Old 02-24-2011, 01:07 AM   #50
dalmatian
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Thumb Regards to fellow scrambler rider

Hey, nice to find this report!

Very best regards to fellow Scrambler rider and all the best ofr the rest of journey to all crew.

When you'll finish your journey, fell free to leave few words and pictures on our (world's best Triumph Twin) Forum: www.thruxton-forum.de.
It is German based forum with people from all over Europe writing, so English is OK as well.

Did you have any issues with the bike so far? Did electric survive without replacement? I see even rear brake is still in place (so far) .

Except suspension and travel bags mount, did you make an other modification, like exhaust, air filter, carb., etc??

Tires??

I modified my Scrambler with aftermarket exhaust (ZARD), larger carburateur jets, "cleaned" the airbox, tires (Pirelli MT60), etc.. and it is completely other bike now.

Stay in touch..

dalmatian screwed with this post 02-24-2011 at 02:59 AM
dalmatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:09 AM   #51
zakou
Studly Adventurer

Info from the jordan embassy in greece

FROM Jordan Embassy

Dear Mr.

With reference to your inquiries, kindly notice the following:

1) You need International driver license to drive your motorcycle in Jordan.
2) You must have carnet de passage to enter Jordan by motorcycle.
3) At the border you need both temporary entry card & temporary insurance.
4) Visa fees are 16.50 euros for one entry, and 31.50 euros for multiple entries.
Should you have any further inquiries, please contact consular section at the Embassy
(Tel: 210 6744161)

Wishing you a nice trip.
Regards

Quote:
Old 02-24-2011, 01:53 AM   #52
BlueDreamWay
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
tHANK YOU FOR THE INFO I REALLY APRECIATE THAT!!
ANY MORE INFO ABOUT JORDAN AND SYRIA IT IS MORE THAN WELCOME !!!
LIKE FOR EXAMPLE PLACES TO STAY!!
HOW THINGS WITH MOTORCYCLES AT NIGHT ? DID YOU STAY AT PLACES WITH SAFE PARKING?
ARE GPS ILLEGAL IN JORDAN OR SYRIA ? IF I RECALL ITS ONE OF THE TWO COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD THAT GPS IS ILLEGAL!
I dont remember all hotel's name where we stay. I just remember sheraton Damasqus and red see dive centre in Akaba ( http://www.booking.com/hotel/jo/red-...FRYv3wodi1yxcQ)
the owner is my friend. his name is Abdullah Momany. you can send an e-mail for information (abdullah.momany@gmail.com)
we had only garmin world map...
safety is not different from europe.. biggest different is; everybody interest bikes very much... you can be careful !! people are very helpful but sometimes they can wait tips.

please send me a private message. this is not true topic !!!!
Old 02-24-2011, 03:00 AM   #53
zakou
Studly Adventurer

i HAVE A gps MAP FOR BOTH COUNTRIES FOR GARMIN

tHANK YOU

I HAVE GARMIN MAPS FOR SYRIA AND JORDAN I WILL SEND YOU A PM ABOUT IT

Quote:
I dont remember all hotel's name where we stay. I just remember sheraton Damasqus and red see dive centre in Akaba ( http://www.booking.com/hotel/jo/red-...FRYv3wodi1yxcQ)
the owner is my friend. his name is Abdullah Momany. you can send an e-mail for information (abdullah.momany@gmail.com)
we had only garmin world map...
safety is not different from europe.. biggest different is; everybody interest bikes very much... you can be careful !! people are very helpful but sometimes they can wait tips.

please send me a private message. this is not true topic !!!!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:51 PM   #54
Cycles
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Subscribed.
Cycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:29 AM   #55
denizguide OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
hi guys !
tomorrow its the end.we r in tsitsikamma now.tomorrow cape town.when I reach home I m going to write with more details.
denizguide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:34 AM   #56
denizguide OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmatian View Post
Hey, nice to find this report!

Very best regards to fellow Scrambler rider and all the best ofr the rest of journey to all crew.

When you'll finish your journey, fell free to leave few words and pictures on our (world's best Triumph Twin) Forum: www.thruxton-forum.de.
It is German based forum with people from all over Europe writing, so English is OK as well.

Did you have any issues with the bike so far? Did electric survive without replacement? I see even rear brake is still in place (so far) .

Except suspension and travel bags mount, did you make an other modification, like exhaust, air filter, carb., etc??

Tires??

I modified my Scrambler with aftermarket exhaust (ZARD), larger carburateur jets, "cleaned" the airbox, tires (Pirelli MT60), etc.. and it is completely other bike now.

Stay in touch..
tkc 80 was offroad tires great for tarmac prelli scorpion.k&n air filter.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:38 AM   #57
denizguide OP
Adventurer

Quote:

Hi Dicky
hello when we r entering from turkey to syria our estonian friend get to visa from border .no problem.also If you make an accident day can ask international driving licance who knows
Old 02-28-2011, 06:16 PM   #58
jimbowie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Ride on!!! Thank goodness someone finally put a Triumph where it belongs. Good show.
jimbowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:44 AM   #59
BlueDreamWay
Gnarly Adventurer

waiting for your report and pics
Old 03-01-2011, 08:20 AM   #60
denizguide OP
Adventurer

over !!!