User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 07:19 AM   #1
Krautbikeman OP
Failed Anger Mgt #$%@#$%^

Oddometer: 5,487
Kawasaki Eliminator 125 shifter mechanism replacement

I've done about a dozen of these repairs myself and cannot seem to get the procedure down for replacing the right side case cover after I've replaced the shifter mechanism through the case. The clutch actuator (vertically-oriented shaft) that drops in the top of the right side engine cover rotates and has an open space at the bottom resembling a 2-pronged "claw" that is supposed to catch onto the mushroom-shaped rod that extends through clutch pack.

I can rotate the rod around to make what feels like contact, but not engage it correctly to allow the pull of the clutch lever/cable to rotate the actuator rod around to pull on the mushroom-end of that rod, thereby disengaging the clutch.

Totally frustrated and discussions with the dealer was like . I guess the profit from me buying the part wasn't enough.

Is there some commonly accepted way to reinstall the right side case cover to align properly with the vertically-oriented rod that drops through the top to the shaft that extends through the clutch pack?
What I want is to be able to fulfill my basic obligations to my family, help out those I can, and never fuck anybody for a handful of silver. If I can laugh while doing so, and ride, and explore, I will consider myself blessed beyond what I deserve.

Jinx

Want to ride better? Basic/Experienced street and Dirt Bike classes. www.adventureridertraining.com
Krautbikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:57 PM   #2
Bueller
Cashin?

Oddometer: 17,189
Don't know for sure, but it seems to me you'd want to consider scribing alignment marks on the shaft prior to removal to ensure you reassemble with it in the same location/orientation. Beyond that, tell the n00bs to stop dumping the bike(s)

Hope all else is well!

"bueller, you ARE an island of reason in a sea of bullshit" - quasigentrified
Bueller is offline   Reply With Quote