Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2011, 01:49 PM   #16
RedlegDaddy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by motostrano View Post
Hi Redleg-

May I ask what leather jacket(s) you have or have had?

Joe
Joe,

I currently have a Tech 1-R, MX-1, T-RC-1 Air-Flo Jacket and a couple of older leather A-Stars jackets. All the leather ones are a size big and still snug.

Jim
"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have." Ronald Reagan

Current bike: something ORANGE!
RedlegDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:44 PM   #17
motostrano OP
Supermotoman

Oddometer: 270
A decent collection to round out the year. Thanks. I'm always curious about this kind of thing.
Ask me anything at all. CALL or TEXT 650-918-6259, PM or click www.motostrano.com SIDI, Wolfman Luggage, Gimoto. "advrider" code for 10% off Wolfman Luggage shipping out of our California retail store.
motostrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:08 PM   #18
motostrano OP
Supermotoman

Cool sound track video Alpinestars made focused on a little ADV riding in Malaysia http://www.motostrano.com/alpinestars.html
Ask me anything at all. CALL or TEXT 650-918-6259, PM or click www.motostrano.com SIDI, Wolfman Luggage, Gimoto. "advrider" code for 10% off Wolfman Luggage shipping out of our California retail store.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:06 PM   #19
motostrano OP
Supermotoman

Thumb

We have a deal going on right now on Alpinestars SMX Plus boots, at 20% off.
I know, I know. This is great rare deal on some great boots from Alpinestars for those days where you need roadrace protection and great comfortable boots for any time of road riding http://www.motostrano.com/smxplus.html
Old 03-11-2011, 06:27 PM   #20
Tsotsie
Semi-reformed Tsotsi

Oddometer: 1,702
Does Alpinestars make boots in widewidths, if so how wide?
Tsotsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:06 PM   #21
motostrano OP
Supermotoman

Alpinestars does not offer a specially made wide boot and the reason is that their boots tend to work very well for folks with wider footprints. A key factor of any boot maker is the foot molds they use to form the basis for their sizes and will often make or break the footwear company based on their ability to get sizing right for the fee they fit.

Alpinestars, typically will suit riders with wider feet better than, say SIDI and a few other brands.

Is there a particular type of boot you were looking for?

I'd be glad to offer any professional assistance i can, whether you buy from us or not.

I sell Alpinestars boots SIDI, Puma and Gaerne, as well as a few others, but those are out main brands

Joe

Motostrano's Alpinestars Boot Page
http://www.motostrano.com/boots.html
Old 03-15-2011, 10:52 AM   #22
Trophy Mike
w/extreme prejudice

Oddometer: 796
Good to know Joe. We occasionally get a client who sizes a bit wider (EE or more) than we can accommodate. Will now refer them to Alpinestars and you in particular. Appreciate your helping even those foolish enough not to buy from you. Better to deal with a professional committed to selected brands than the MotoWallmarts claiming "expertise" in anything and everything.
trophycycleapparel.com - America's #1 Non-REV'IT! Dealer - Rukka Gear Discussion/FAQ
Trophy Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:37 PM   #23
motostrano OP
Supermotoman

Always glad to help a fellow shop mike.

Joe
Old 03-25-2011, 11:53 PM   #24
motostrano OP
Supermotoman

we have just a few left of this great deal of a jacket, the HALO, at $150.
http://www.motostrano.com/halojacket.html
I'm letting you guys know, since we're down to just a few of size 54 and 56 at this point

Joe
Old 04-07-2011, 06:13 AM   #25
misu
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Thought I'd post this up since these things are flying out the door faster than burgers at the local In and Out

We have a few good sizes in stock.

Sale Price: $150.00

Alpinestars Halo Leather Jacket

At $389.95 plus shipping we probably sold ten of these last year. At $150 and free shipping, I've sold 10 in the past 4 hours.

A solid basic black leather motorcycle jacket, but, by Alpinestars, so it's better than 90% of the other junk out there.
awesome deal, i couldn't refuse. just ordered a 52. i'm a 40 chest, 33 waist, 6', 175-180lbs so debated looking elsewhere for a 50, but all you guys have left are 52s so i figure i'll give it a shot. room for layering i guess if it's a bit loose.

last month i got a alpinestars verona air to replace a joe rocket mesh and was very impressed with alpinestars quality so am excited to get one of their leather jackets for cooler weather. got a bioform back armor in medium, hope it can go back and forth between the verona air and halo.
misu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:32 AM   #26
motostrano OP
Supermotoman

thanks for your order. you got lucky. as of last week all the Halo jackets were gone. we took in 4 returns, with 2 52s, one 54 and a 58 that are now available and will go quick

cheers

joe
Old 04-07-2011, 10:53 AM   #27
Thinc2
Paciugo

Oddometer: 4,555
Have a question about Alpinestar boots - I have a really old pair that I use daily for commuting. they are only 10 inches tall, but still proper boots. I can't find a name on them, other than a goretex label.

I need to replace them, but all i see are either full height boots (12 -13 inches) - which are awkward with normal clothes and when i have to take them on/off a lot. else I see small street/commuter booties that are just over the ankle, which I don't like - they don't feel safe to me.

Are you currently offering anything that is around 10 inches high?
Thinc2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:00 AM   #28
motostrano OP
Supermotoman

my spidey sense tells me you may be talking about the Alpinestars Ridge Boots http://www.motostrano.com/ridgeboots.html

Joe
Old 04-09-2011, 11:08 AM   #29
Thinc2
Paciugo

Oddometer: 4,555
Quote:
my spidey sense tells me you may be talking about the Alpinestars Ridge Boots http://www.motostrano.com/ridgeboots.html

Joe
Well, not really. Here is what I have currently:

They are 11 inches at the highest point ( not 10 as I mentioned before):

Here is a comparison to a regular boot of about 13 inches:

What I like about my old ones is they are easy to wear with jeans over the top, and so are great for comutting. Full size boots are a lot more trouble when you are comutting. However the ones I have still provide good coverage and good protection.

Does Alpinestar still make anything like this? How tall are the ones you gave me the link for?
Thinc2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #30
motostrano OP
Supermotoman

ah yes. the closest Astars has to a boot like the one in your photo would be the lastest Alpinestars WEB Gore-tex, shown here:

http://www.motostrano.com/alrotobo.html

another option would be the Tech Touring Gore-Tex Boots

http://www.motostrano.com/al80algtxbo.html