Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2014, 04:36 PM   #1
Ncracer79 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
2011 Triumph Thruxton asphalt nap

Hello inmates,

So a little under a month ago my wife and I decided we needed a couple Triumphs. Got her an 09 Bonnie and me a 2011 Thruxton. Never had a trumpet and I have to say they are very cool bikes.

On Veterans Day we went for a ride. With less than 200 miles on the bikes a car merges on top of me and next thing I know I am getting to know the pavement a little better than I wanted. Damn it there goes my beautiful new to me bike. Good news is that I am alright and was going under 30mph. Bad news was the car ran.

I am looking for inmate opinions. Not sure what insurance will do my guess is fix it. Bike will need rear shock, tank, bars, clutch and throttle assemblies, light, gauge cluster, rear cowl, shifter and shift shaft at a minimum. So what would you guys do? Fix it and go back to having fun or sell it wrecked combine that with insurance money and replace. In this scenario it would be clean title. Obviously if they total it take the money and start over. What are your thoughts?

Btw. Bike is badass. 2 into 1 arrow not damaged. New tires not yet mounted. Aftermarket oil pressure and temp gauge. Passenger peg delete. Mas engineering number plates. So some cool stuff is on this bike. If I fix I will likely go with upright bars. If replaced likely go to a scrambler.

Thanks for any input.

Kelley P
Ncracer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 07:24 PM   #2
rocker59
diplomatico di moto

Oddometer: 15,823
Insurance will total it
IBA #24873
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt
rocker59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 04:57 AM   #3
sweetwater
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker59 View Post
Insurance will total it
I've seen the carnage and it looks like nothing...right until you get very close and personal with the bike. It is one of those deals where you could replace the shift shaft and bars and gauge cluster and left side controls and ride. With the exception of the shift shaft, all cosmetic.

The cosmetics are the big question mark here. $tank, $rear cowl, $grips, $headlight shell, $shock, $clutch/primary cover, and probably dozens of very tiny $details...

If the bike weren't covered for collision, it could be reassembled and still a great bike for little investment. Since it is insured with comprehensive coverage, the covering company may very well total it due to the fine details involved in completely renewing its former glory.

Keep us posted 'Racer...and remember to throw all your damaged personal gear at the insurance company too (Helmets and leathers ain't cheap).
sweetwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 09:12 PM   #4
Ncracer79 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Way late update.

Bike was totaled. Got retail for the bike plus aftermarket parts. Not a bad deal. Even got replacement value for helmet and jacket.

Now proudly riding 2013 scrambler. Thank you progressive
Ncracer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 09:27 PM   #5
B02S4
Aye

Oddometer: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncracer79 View Post
Way late update.

Bike was totaled. Got retail for the bike plus aftermarket parts. Not a bad deal. Even got replacement value for helmet and jacket.

Now proudly riding 2013 scrambler. Thank you progressive
Good choice. That's the one I would have bought.
B02S4 is offline   Reply With Quote