Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2012, 11:39 PM   #256
petegailey
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bar View Post
As ADVBMR said - More pic's please.
We've just moved out of summer down here so I'll post some pics for all you snow bound crew to drool over.

petegailey screwed with this post 03-12-2012 at 01:33 AM Reason: typo
petegailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:37 AM   #257
Lost Rider OP
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,123
That aught to distract them petegailey!

Very nice orange bike!

Bad news for Nancy's F800R, the insurance is totaling it.

There's a ding (not bent) on the main frame, and the passenger footrest got a (very) little tweaked so the subframe is considered bent. Add to it that the main wiring harness got cut by the windscreen bracket near the headlight and the bike is considered totaled. The wiring can be fixed.

We have the opportunity to buy the bike back for a real good price from the insurance but are still undecided. We could use a nice small DS bike in place of the 8R....

Anyone have any idea what this bike, in good working order, with a salvage title, would be worth? In other words would a salvage title scare you away from ever buying this bike even though it doesn't suffer from any real damage that would make the bike perform any different, or make it unsafe.
The dealer service department says there's nothing wrong with the bike mechanically or structurally ...

Anyone want to buy a salvage titled F800R for less than half price?

LostRider.com

Lost Rider screwed with this post 03-12-2012 at 11:53 AM
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:27 AM   #258
EmanP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Wow, that's too bad. It's also too bad that I just bought one less than a month ago! That would be a great deal and wouldn't have detoured me. It's really a shame that they're totalling it. Heck, buy it back and keep it, then get the DS a little later!
EmanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #259
petegailey
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post

Very nice orange bike!

We have the opportunity to buy the bike back for a real good price from the insurance but are still undecided. We could use a nice small DS bike in place of the 8R....
Yeah Lost rider, I'm totally bonding with my orange beastie. One of the nicest balanced motorcycles Ive ever ridden.

Its a shame about the F800R. Its amazing how easily they write bikes off. What sort of DS bike are you thinking about? I used to have a Suzuki DR650 but it was way to tall for me, had to stand tippy toes and couldn't hold it up if it went over on the trails. Ended up dropping it several times in the bush, usually at low speeds going down steep tracks. I reckon it was much harder to handle at low speeds than the F800R or the Bonneville that I replaced it with. A motard set up with a smaller front wheel and lower seat might have been more user friendly. As far as Nancy's F800R I'd consider buying a pranged bike if it still ran straight without my hands on the bars but Id be expecting a good price discount. Good luck with the search.
petegailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:54 PM   #260
flkovacs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Quote:

Very nice orange bike!

There's a ding (not bent) on the main frame, and the passenger footrest got a (very) little tweaked so the subframe is considered bent. Add to it that the main wiring harness got cut by the windscreen bracket near the headlight and the bike is considered totaled. The wiring can be fixed.

Anyone have any idea what this bike, in good working order, with a salvage title, would be worth? In other words would a salvage title scare you away from ever buying this bike even though it doesn't suffer from any real damage that would make the bike perform any different, or make it unsafe.
The dealer service department says there's nothing wrong with the bike mechanically or structurally ...

Anyone want to buy a salvage titled F800R for less than half price?
hey, i'd be interested, especially if i keep my f800r ...
on the plus side, bikes are replaceable, people are not ...
let me know if you need a temp ride,
ferenc
flkovacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:56 PM   #261
flkovacs
Gnarly Adventurer

hey, that orange looks great!
in deferrence to the non-fuel tank folks i have a snapshot of my new love, small fuel tank and all,
albeit in my front yard:
http://s1078.photobucket.com/albums/...t=IMG_5405.jpg
new user on photobucket,
ferenc
Old 03-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #262
ADVBMR
Polygamotorcyclist

Oddometer: 835
Quote:
That's too bad. I would imagine you'd need to put the new parts on it to get any interest in it except if you want to sell it really, really cheap. What about fixing it up, then trying to sell it? You'd get to use it, then decide whether to replace it.
IBA #47244
2007 R1200GS; 2006 DL650 V-Strom; 2011 F800R; 2013 CRF250L; 1995 R1100GS (sold); 2006 Ducati Multistrada 620 dark (sold)
ADVBMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #263
ADVBMR
Polygamotorcyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by flkovacs View Post
in deferrence to the non-fuel tank folks i have a snapshot of my new love, small fuel tank and all, albeit in my front yard:
That sure is a sweet looking bike. I don't know about the small tank. That spare you got on the back looks to be about 5 gallons or so!
IBA #47244
2007 R1200GS; 2006 DL650 V-Strom; 2011 F800R; 2013 CRF250L; 1995 R1100GS (sold); 2006 Ducati Multistrada 620 dark (sold)
Old 03-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #264
ADVBMR
Polygamotorcyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegailey View Post
We've just moved out of summer down here so I'll post some pics for all you snow bound crew to drool over.
Thanks for the pics. Looks great down there. Got me so inspired I went to the store and got 40 pounds of ice melt (salt) to make a little path out of my driveway. Looking like another month to go!
IBA #47244
Old 03-13-2012, 11:08 AM   #265
catneck
Rabid Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 333
[QUOTE
We could use a nice small DS bike in place of the 8R....

Anyone want to buy a salvage titled F800R for less than half price?[/QUOTE]

I have an NX250 that qualifies. pm sent.

catneck screwed with this post 03-13-2012 at 05:28 PM
catneck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #266
flkovacs
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVBMR View Post
That sure is a sweet looking bike. I don't know about the small tank. That spare you got on the back looks to be about 5 gallons or so!
thanks, even if it's not yellow - i sure do like the looks of it - perhaps we shoulda traded before you modified yours.
thanks for helping me with the search.
lol - the spare 'tank' i think is about 4 times the advertised tank of the f800r, and i believe is 'water' tight! so far, i've only tried to keep water outside of it,
ferenc
Old 03-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #267
flkovacs
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVBMR View Post
That's too bad. I would imagine you'd need to put the new parts on it to get any interest in it except if you want to sell it really, really cheap. What about fixing it up, then trying to sell it? You'd get to use it, then decide whether to replace it.
i recall when the insurance company offered to sell me my totaled 05 wee, i declined, because i was not sure what structural damage there may have been after that roadsign hit me and bent the forks. perhaps it was not the sign itself, which did some damage higher up, but its holder that came tumbling after that bent the forks, but they wound up selling it on ebay for about half of what they wanted me to pay them ...

what are your plans now?

good luck,
ferenc
Old 03-17-2012, 06:12 AM   #268
flkovacs
Gnarly Adventurer

hmm, lotsa f800r ebay parts from sf, e.g.,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Engine-motor...sories&vxp=mtr
wonder what may come in handy?
ferenc
Old 03-17-2012, 10:59 AM   #269
Theory
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
We love photos :)

First a picture of a 16L fueltank.

And a picture of Givi Engine bars on my bike

Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #270
Kahrnage
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
I know this has nothing to do with the fuel tank size but...
I wasn't a big fan of the large factory license plate assembly so I removed it and relocated the light assembly.
Photobucket
Then I drilled the triangular plate that is under the seat.
Photobucket
Then installed the light assembly.
Photobucket
4 wholes total. 1 for the light bulb, 1 for the bolt, 2 for the index pins on the light assembly.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Final product looks like this.
Photobucket
I drilled the license plate out and use two of the stock license plate assembly bolt locations (with new bolts) to remount the license plate as shown.
Kahrnage is offline   Reply With Quote