User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
jj83002 OP
n00b

Oddometer: 5
My Multi-Nada

Just posting photos of my 2006 Ducati MS620 conversion. It's sort of like a Terra Monstro, but built from a Multistrada instead. The MS has a fatter tail section, but the swingarm attaches to the frame and not just the engine case like the Monster.

The bike is for sale and the details can be read in the fleamarket.

jj83002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:55 PM   #2
Pezz_gs
Cant ride for crap

Oddometer: 3,719
Looks good

OldDog did one on a Monster 900ie. The frame mounts at the swingarm pivot were a must, can see that the Multistrada frame is a great place to start.

Pezz_gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:06 PM   #3
killfile
49/50

Oddometer: 353
I'm sad that this is a half ass attempt to simply draw more attention to your sale thread rather than actually giving us some details about the build.

I'm in the process of starting a similar build and I've looked at a number of similar bikes. I'm aiming for the 'Multi-Tard' build, keeping the 17" front. Most people seem to be switching to pods, dropping the airbox and placing the electrics under the tank. I would like to hear more about your decisions with the electrics if you decide to add any more info to this thread.

I know that the 620 tends to perform terribly with the pod filters, and cutting out the airbox is therefore a less desirable option. You've placed the battery in the former passenger seat, and I'm assuming the rest of the relays and electrical bits went to a similar place?

Quote:
2006 Ducati Multistrada 620 adventure bike project. Inspired by the Terra Monstro, I tried to build something similar off the Multistrada platform. The bike is in operational shape right now (no turn-signals), but could use some final touches (front fairing / windshield, battery cover / tail rack, etc.)

The bike has custom YZ250 front forks and triple clamps (reduced travel spacers and cut springs - higher rate), 320 mm rotor with YZ250 brakes and stainless brake line.

The front wheel is a 19" x 2.15" Pro-Wheel rim laced with stainless spokes to a YZ250 hub and shod with a near new Shinko E-705 110/80R/19. The front fender is an Acerbis super-moto unit.

It has dual H4 headlights in a custom frame-mounted billet aluminum bracket. The stock instrument pod is also rubber-mounted to an aluminum bracket and attaches to the handlebar mount. The handlebars are O'neal multi-piece aluminum, but look decent and include aluminum/plastic hand-guards.

It also has Honda CR footpegs and steel mounting hardware attached to custom billet footpeg / shifter/ rear brake mounts (hard to describe...it's easier to just look at the photos).

The rear shock is an updated Showa dual-adjust unit with heavier spring (200 lb. rider) and there is also an adjustable heim-jointed link to adjust ride height.

The rear wheel is a stock Ducati GT cush hub laced to a 17" x 3.50" Pro-Wheel with stainless spokes. The rear tire is a Shinko E-705 150/70R/17.

The chain is a gold, 0'ring unit with a 14 tooth counter and 48 tooth Superlite rear sprocket.

Exhaust is two cut-down 916 cans and is surprisingly mellow sounding.

I've ridden it about 500 miles on the road and probably 1/5 that on gravel / jeep trails. It handled it all pretty decent and seems less tippy than the KTM SuperEnduro I once had.

There is currently 10.5K miles on it and it should get new timing belts and the valves checked at 12K.