Ordered a few sets.

Thanks,

JR356
JR356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:39 PM   #17
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Thanks so much to all of you who ordered, we're extremely appreciative. Please do let us know how well they work for you so that we can respond to your feedback.

@fullmonte: There are a few answers to your question, some of which are nastier than others. I use mine for studying and blocking out the sound of ambulances when I'm sleeping, and I personally just make sure to use a Q-tip before I put them in. That works great for me and I haven't had any problems with ear wax on my ear plugs. The flip side to that, as far as I've heard, is that ear wax can be pretty easily picked off from our ear plugs after you take them out. It sounds gross, but given that one of the materials used to make mighty plugs is beeswax (pretty incredible, I know), I've been told that ear wax simply doesn't make mighty plugs nasty in the same way that ear wax affects other ear plugs. Whatever the reason or remedy, most of our customers find that each pair lasts for months at a time, and unofficially each pair is good for an average of 35-60 uses or more. For $1.95 that's not half bad.

@Motomo: Sorry to hear about those expensive custom ear plugs-- it's probably not much consolation, but at least you won't have to make that mistake again. Our plugs block every bit as well as custom made ear plugs because they ARE custom ear plugs-- every pair molds and fits to your own ear. I suspect that you'll be really pleased, because if there's any demographic that likes our ear plugs better than motorcycle riders it's shooters-- hunters, skeet shooters and members of the armed forces constantly give us rave reviews. I don't shoot myself, but I suspect that it has something to do with the fact that our ear plugs are both more comfortable and more effective than even the best ear muffs that are carried at gun shops while being a fraction of the price. Enjoy your mighty plugs, and please do let us know what you think of them.

Thanks again from all of us here at Beneficial Products Inc. and www.earplugsonline.com.
World'sBestEarPlugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:45 AM   #18
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 5,061
Thanks for answering my question. Just ordered a sample set.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:07 AM   #19
Ko
Observant as never

Oddometer: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte View Post
I'm interested in trying these, but I have a question. How do you keep them clean after multiple uses? After a few times that wax buildup gets nasty and I'd want to clean them. I'm all ears. .
Everyone's different, so YMMV... in my case, I never encountered this problem. Keep in mind that these don't go in as deep as a regular earplug-after pulling them out (i.e., they're molded to my ear) they're about half the length of a foam earplug. It does go in a bit, but it's mostly spread around the entrance- not sure if it makes sense or not. I guess one can adjust how far they want to push them in, I have small ear canals so for me this works.

The blue colour gets "dirtier", especially since you'd have to warm them up before putting them in. Don't know whether it's the beewax, or my luck, but no ear infections here, even after wearing the same pair each day for several months...

Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:04 AM   #20
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Thank you all once again for your interest and your business. We appreciate it tremendously and we really can't say that enough.

If anyone else has any questions about our ear plugs, please feel more than free to ask. Additionally, for the many of you who ordered them, please let us know what you think of them once your mighty plugs arrive, either on this thread or at any of the email addresses provided on our website. We're certain you'll love our exceptional product, so if you have even the slightest concern about them please bring it to our attention so that we can address it. And if you love them, as most do, let us know that as well!

Thanks again.

-Beneficial Products Inc. and www.earplugsonline.com
Old 02-21-2011, 11:09 AM   #21
32vsnake
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Just ordered some...looking forward to giving them a try
Old 02-21-2011, 05:26 PM   #22
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Thumb

Thank you 32vsnake, fullmonte, and JR356 for your orders! (And thank you Ko for helping me answer questions.) Does anyone else have any questions that they'd like answered, or does anyone else out there who has already been using our ear plugs have anything to add?

I'm more than happy to help, and I hope you all enjoy your new mighty plugs as much as our past customers have. For anyone who doesn't want to read through this entire thread to figure out what's being offered, my company Beneficial Products Inc. is offering premium quality ear plugs for a promotional price of $1.95 at www.earplugsonline.com.

Thanks again from all of us at BPI.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:22 PM   #23
dialdn
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 669
Thank you. Placed order for 6 as well as the single pair deal.

D
Old 02-21-2011, 06:33 PM   #24
mfbRSV
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 295
Just ordered the sample pack.

Thanks!
mfbRSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:55 PM   #25
Guano11
Half Decaf

Oddometer: 1,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by World'sBestEarPlugs View Post
If anyone else has any questions about our ear plugs, please feel more than free to ask.
I have a question!
Do these earplugs work by expanding into position after rolling them down to size like traditional foamies?
The photos look like they don't go very deep, nor is the disc shape conducive to the "thumb & forefinger roll" compression technique.
How is the custom fit achieved?
Guano11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:35 PM   #26
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

@Guano11: The short answer to your question is no-- mighty plugs are literally nothing like any other ear plugs on the market. They don't expand (they aren't foam), and although the thumb and forefinger roll technique will work it isn't necessary. All you really have to do is warm the ear plugs up and push them in as far as you'd like-- they'll seal completely, but won't expand and create discomfort by putting pressure on your ear canal where it shouldn't be. It works like a plug rather than like a balloon. The disc shape is just the form they come in-- with heat they'll mold to anything.

If the above didn't help, I'll try to rephrase a bit: mighty plugs work by softening with heat and forming to your ear canal as they are inserted. The texture of mighty plugs after they've been kneaded for about 10 seconds is quite similar to soft clay. After warming them, all you have to do is push this soft material into your ear canal and it will mold into a custom fitting form. The photos are also a bit deceiving-- each ear plug is large enough that a fairly sizable portion will remain outside your ear, but they also will go quite deep into your ear canal if you'd like them to. Mighty plugs are so much better than traditional earplugs because they totally form to your ear canal and seal it, rather than just expanding slightly, blocking up a larger space without creating a seal, and making your ears hurt as a result. If you've been using cheap foam plugs all this time you'll really be astounded by the difference.

Does this help at all?

@mfbRSV and @dialdn: Thank you for your business!
Old 02-21-2011, 07:42 PM   #27
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 5,061
Quote:
Mighty plugs are so much better than traditional earplugs because they totally form to your ear canal and seal it, rather than just expanding slightly, blocking up a larger space without creating a seal, and making your ears hurt as a result. If you've been using cheap foam plugs all this time you'll really be astounded by the difference.

Does this help at all?
Yes, I should've ordered more.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:17 PM   #28
mac inger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 661
Ordered. Lets see how these work

cheers
mac inger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:55 AM   #29
Guano11
Half Decaf

Oddometer: 1,239
Quote:
all you have to do is push this soft material into your ear canal and it will mold into a custom fitting form. The photos are also a bit deceiving-- each ear plug is large enough that a fairly sizable portion will remain outside your ear, but they also will go quite deep into your ear canal if you'd like them to. Mighty plugs are so much better than traditional earplugs because they totally form to your ear canal and seal it, rather than just expanding slightly, blocking up a larger space without creating a seal, and making your ears hurt as a result. If you've been using cheap foam plugs all this time you'll really be astounded by the difference.

Does this help at all?
Very helpful!
I must say, however, that stuffing a clay-like substance into my ear canal doesn't sound like it'd outperform my favorite foamies.
Nonetheless, you've convinced me to give 'em a try -- but fair warning: as a motorcyclist, aviator, and a guy who sleeps nightly with foamies , I'm a bit of an earplug conisseu...conniso... conisu... snob.

Preparing to be astounded.....
Guano11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:22 AM   #30
bigalsmith101
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 891
I'm in for 5 sets.

A couple travel packs and a sample set. Every day riding with my current Helmet (Arai XD) can get bothersome as the helmet is quite loud. I look forward to a comfortable ear plug that reduces such noise so effectively. Every once in a while I find myself waking up at night to unusual but repetitive noises, the foamies work well enough, but these should kick ass . I'm sure my Mom will like these too (Dad snores LOUD). I'll pass on the good word once I try them out.

--Alex
bigalsmith101 is offline   Reply With Quote