Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #301
OnkelPopanz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Of course I meant "how", not "hire" expensive. Damned Swipe. ;-)

Mit Tapatalk
OnkelPopanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:07 AM   #302
SV_Dwayne
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 302
Just ordered three pair. I just finished up the 100 pack of cheapy plugs I picked up at Home Depot a couple years ago, and I'd like something a little... well... less disposable. Looking forward to trying these!

SV_Dwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #303
SF_Rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 443
Just got mine-wow

I have, like most of us here, used all types of ear plugs. The super cheap on-the-coutner type, hears, the orange tiered ones, etc..

Just got my 'worlds finest' in the mail. Simply by putting them in at my house it's 100% clear these are far better than any of the squishy type. Looking forward to going for a ride on the highway ASAP.
SF_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:16 PM   #304
Jazz62
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,000
These work very well as long as there is zero sweat in your ear. Even the slightest bit and they won't seal properly.
Jazz62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:34 PM   #305
PDX Alamo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 292
Ok I bit

Hate the foam one falling out all the time, hope these are the magic ones. Ordered from amazon , same company just easier there
PDX Alamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:42 AM   #306
PeterW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,489
Mine have worked well on several long rides now. (4-6 hours, one stop).
The first earplugs I've found that block well and don't cause any discomfort at all.

I get extra value, I have quite small ears so I cut mine in half - but yeah, they work well.

Pete
PeterW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:15 AM   #307
motorcycleMonkey
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
+1 Howard Leight MAX foam plugs.

eBay box of 200 $25 to my door ... last box lasted over 10 years.

Better attenuation, better price, & doesn't matter if you lose a set or 10.

Just my 2 cents ... ... and bottom line.
motorcycleMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #308
switchback
Eatin' Dirt Since 1982

Oddometer: 1,484
Thumb

Will NEVER go back to a foam plug. Using these for 2 years straight. Whenever I forget them and use foam my ears feel discomfort. No issues in all weather and even with ear sweat. They also seem to last forever. I hope they changed the plastic container though. Pretty good if the worst and only complaint is the packaging.

Wind is strong and cold
Rain blurs the winding road ahead
I live on two wheels
switchback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #309
Toysrme
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 221
ive always liked the Howard Leight's. i wear them riding, but wear them every day im in the shop or outside working. typically with a pair of ear muffs too. lets you hear yourself think...
Toysrme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:00 PM   #310
jfslater98
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 276
Didn't have time to read through every post here: is there some kind of trick to getting a consistent fit/seal in your ear? I've warmed, kneaded and spindled and just can't seem to figure it out. Today, the seal was no good and after pulling my helmet off the damn thing dropped out and fell on the driveway.

I will leave with this positive review: I was in a hotel room and the battery was failing on the smoke alarm. You all know that jarring beep that seems to sound off randomly? Rather than bothering the front desk, or trudging out to get a fresh 9 volt, I stuffed these puppies in and slept like a baby.They are "all night long" comfortable.

Just want to figure out how to keep them sealed up nice after the helmet goes on.

TIA!
jfslater98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #311
kevinj
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
Similar question -

I tried using them but had no idea to do with all that blue stuff - there's so much of it! This may sound silly, but is there a demonstration video anywhere?

Also, I accidentally dropped one and it picked up tons of dirt from the floor right away. Apart from sweeping the garage more frequently, any solutions for this?

Cheers,

Kevin
kevinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #312
PFFOG
Richard Alps-aholic

Oddometer: 2,125
I have a fat head and dumbo ears, yet I do not use a full disk, actually about 2/3 of one. You just kneed it between your fingers for a few seconds, and it gets soft, I kind of make a ball, or thick wad, I just press it against the ear canal and slowly press it in the ear, and around the edges.

You DO NOT roll it into a cone and stuff it in the canal, it is more a seal on the outside. Some will enter the canal as you apply pressure
PFFOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:14 AM   #313
RED CAT
Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer: 2,801
Tried!

Mine for the 1st time a few days ago with lousy results. Had to go back to my foam 3M ones which are very good. Probably won't get to try them again till the spring. Got 8 pairs. Hope I'm doing something wrong. I'll try using less plastersene. Maybe just use 1/2 in each ear. Kinda dissapointed after reading all the hype.
RED CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #314
switchback
Eatin' Dirt Since 1982

Oddometer: 1,484
Just placed my second order

Comments to the vendor:

Shipping is pretty steep and does not reflect the size of the package.

Change the container. A flexible plastic container would be much better than the fragile case included. Considering better containers are included with the 99 cent drug store variety of foam plugs this should not affect the price.

Your web developer seems to have stopped their continuing education in the late 90s. A website update is long overdue.

Comments on the product:

They last for a long time

Every ear is different, keep trying the plugs till you get it right for your ear. Warm them with your hands before applying.

Wind is strong and cold
Rain blurs the winding road ahead
I live on two wheels
switchback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:04 AM   #315
KingOfFleece
SplitWeight(tm)

Oddometer: 721
Mine work fine. I don't need a full one-I split one in half and use it that was. Stays in and is very comfortable. Just nead them a bit prior to install and then push slow but firm.
KingOfFleece is offline   Reply With Quote