Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2011, 01:40 AM   #91
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
@mac inger: Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm glad that our plugs work for you for the most part, but frankly I'm astounded at the problems you're having. As someone who has used these plugs myself for years and spoken to thousands of customers, I've legitimately never heard of anything like that happening. I sleep with mine in every night, as do many of our customers, and nobody EVER has a problem with "smearing" or "sticking" on a pillow, which you'd think would be more likely to occur than on a helmet. I'm especially confused because the plugs do harden enough to retain their shape and they don't stick, so I'm at a total loss to explain why yours are having this problem. By chance were you riding in an area where the temperature was extraordinarily hot? The only time I can think of when I experienced anything similar to what you're describing is when I left a pair of my plugs underneath my overheating computer for a day. Other than that, I'm totally confused as to how that could have happened. Nobody has ever reported anything like getting "blue ears" from our plugs and I'm concerned that you may have gotten a defective set (which I've also never heard of).

As always thank you all for your business, and please continue to share your feedback so that we can continually improve our product for you.
World'sBestEarPlugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:06 AM   #92
mac inger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 659
World'sBestEarPlugs: I think, like Balkan Boy the problem might be as simple as there being too much material. Maybe if i cut it in half then it wont have that much surface area to rub around. The weather i guess was at a max of 20 C. Unlike BB, otherwise, the fit and nose cancellation for me was excellent. Its simply a bit of a tedious process to get them in and out all the time. So personally i would recommend them if you know youre going to be doing say 5 hours of straight riding. If you will be taking them on and off every hour, not so much.

The blue ears were not due to the material leeching color, just bits that would get stuck in hair or when removing helmet. Again, using less material probably will work better, will have to try that.

Balkan Boy: ..cheers from another Balkan Boy
mac inger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:22 AM   #93
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac inger View Post
World'sBestEarPlugs: I think, like Balkan Boy the problem might be as simple as there being too much material. Maybe if i cut it in half then it wont have that much surface area to rub around. The weather i guess was at a max of 20 C. Unlike BB, otherwise, the fit and nose cancellation for me was excellent. Its simply a bit of a tedious process to get them in and out all the time. So personally i would recommend them if you know youre going to be doing say 5 hours of straight riding. If you will be taking them on and off every hour, not so much.

The blue ears were not due to the material leeching color, just bits that would get stuck in hair or when removing helmet. Again, using less material probably will work better, will have to try that.

@max inger: At the very least I'm glad to hear that they work for you on long rides, but they should not be getting on your helmet at 20 C and they should not be getting in your hair. I'm still at a loss to explain why that's happening to you, but please do let me know if using less material solves the problem.

On that note, I should probably add that I myself use just one plug for both my ears. It's really easy to do-- just knead the material until its soft and tear it into two pieces. My ears aren't particularly small, but that just seems more comfortable to me for some reason and I feel like I get a better seal with less material. Some people don't, but that works for me and I'd at least encourage you to try it. It's also worth noting that the newest version of our mighty plugs (which you all received) is even bigger than our last model, so I suspect that using less material might be really helpful if you're having problems with the ear plugs contacting your helmet. These plugs are made to seal and stay for as long as you'd like them to, so if that's not happening try using one plug for both ears and please report back to let us know if that solves the problem.

Thanks for all your feedback, it really helps us improve our product for you.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:44 AM   #94
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

To all ADVriders: BPI is so grateful for your business that we've recently lowered our prices for you (a bit) on our larger packs. We hope that you find our ear plugs as effective at reducing irritating wind noise as anything you've ever tried, and that they're every bit as comfortable for you as they've been for our past customers.

Thank you all for your business, and feedback is of course always welcome and appreciated.

Thanks from all of us at Beneficial Products Inc. and www.earplugsonline.com.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:47 AM   #95
MikeyT
Krusty Olde Pharte™

Oddometer: 5,128
Sample pack ordered. I'm ready to try anything that promises to be quieter and also let the tunes through. We'll see how it goes.

99 Shadow Spirit 1100

"Non Illegitimi Carborundum"
MikeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:48 PM   #96
twinpower
1200R Sportster

Oddometer: 32
Sample pack ordered here too. My motivation is that I can't always seem to get foam plugs inserted effectively, and sometimes the foam plugs start to be irritating deep in the ear canals.
The thought of these working without the need of going deep into the ears sounds good.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:51 PM   #97
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,321
Just ordered a pair.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:04 PM   #98
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,878
I ordered a sample pack on 2/28. How long it takes to receive it usually?

Transaction No: 127519
Date: February - 28 - 2011

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:40 PM   #99
OaklandStrom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,612
I ordered a pair, and they arrived in a few days. Nice customer service.

I think there's more than enough material. They will work better for me if I use 80 to 90% of what's there.

The dirty hand thing may be a problem for me. I do a lot of machining and metal work. I'm guessing it won't be too long until I get some metal shavings in there.

1 suggestion and 1 question.

Please make them different colors, so I can always have a "left" and a "right". My ears aren't disgusting, but if I have something happening in one side, I don't want want it travel.

Where are they made, and where are the ingredients from?

Thanks
OaklandStrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:46 PM   #100
ADW
'tard bike restos

Oddometer: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMoto View Post
I thought the same thing until I saw this

I am so used to little check boxes that missed the GIANT banner ...
The banner should be centered right above the 2 side-by-side address areas. That way you'll see it as you're naturally scrolling down the page. I didn't see it until I'd filled out both address blocks because it was underneath them. Was just working my way down the page, THEN saw it after I'd filled out both (grumbling about why they didn't have a Shipping Same As Billing checkbox!)

ADW screwed with this post 03-03-2011 at 02:56 PM
ADW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:25 PM   #101
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

@FYFF: Depends on how long far away you live (we ship from oregon), but most customers are very pleased with how quickly they get there. Shouldn't be more than a few days at the most.

@Tackett: Glad to hear you're enjoying our ear plugs. I've passed on your suggestion about adding another color, and I'll let you know if I hear about a new one being offered. Any particular color you'd like to see? Red? Green?

@ADW: We're in the midst of taking steps to refurbish our website, and as soon as that process starts I'll make certain that that change is made. You're definitely not the first (or last) person to miss that banner, so it's a problem. Sorry about that.

@Everyone else: Are the plugs working alright for everyone who recently ordered a sample pack? Any feedback or suggestions?

Thanks, as always.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:30 PM   #102
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,878
I live in Los Angeles, right down the coast... Should be here by now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by World'sBestEarPlugs View Post
@FYFF: Depends on how long far away you live (we ship from oregon), but most customers are very pleased with how quickly they get there. Shouldn't be more than a few days at the most.

@Tackett: Glad to hear you're enjoying our ear plugs. I've passed on your suggestion about adding another color, and I'll let you know if I hear about a new one being offered. Any particular color you'd like to see? Red? Green?

@ADW: We're in the midst of taking steps to refurbish our website, and as soon as that process starts I'll make certain that that change is made. You're definitely not the first (or last) person to miss that banner, so it's a problem. Sorry about that.

@Everyone else: Are the plugs working alright for everyone who recently ordered a sample pack? Any feedback or suggestions?

Thanks, as always.

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:53 PM   #103
twinpower
1200R Sportster

Oddometer: 32
Thumb Got my Sample Pack Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpower View Post
Sample pack ordered here too. My motivation is that I can't always seem to get foam plugs inserted effectively, and sometimes the foam plugs start to be irritating deep in the ear canals.
The thought of these working without the need of going deep into the ears sounds good.
Wow - fast shipping, got my sample pack today. (2 days) Like others have said, more material than I think my ears need... but much better than not enough! (I believe my ears are on the small side)
I was anxious to try them, so did a quick 20 min errand run on the bike. At first, it felt a little like a regular earplug falling out... then you quickly adjust realizing its just that they are not pushed deep into your ear canals.
It "seemed" as if I could hear my engine a little more... maybe the sound frequencies filtered out are a little different. The wind noise protection seemed the same as foam ear plugs.

I look forward to some longer rides with them. I believe I'm going to like them better than foam plugs for 2 reasons:
1) They are easier for me to get a good seal since you just push them into your ear, rather than making sure you get a foam plug inserted far enough and expanded properly.
(I'm sure some of you are faster/better at inserting foam plugs than me though)
2) These aren't pushed deep into your ear canals, so I expect a little better long term comfort than foam plugs. Sometimes the foam plugs start to get a little irritating to me.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:31 PM   #104
DirtyOldMan
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,884
I thought if I bought a pair for my wife, it would cure my snoring.
Not an open minded woman I'm afraid.
So, I'll use them so I can't hear her complaining about my snoring.

These are new and different, haven't got to try em on the bike yet.
I believe I can pack both of my ears with one plug, a generous amount is included with these.

13 650 Terra

96 R1100R
DirtyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:05 PM   #105
GSWayne
Old Guy nOOb

Oddometer: 2,938
Another happy customer. I just tried them on a 5 day trip. The only disadvantage is that they are not quite as fast to insert as the foam plugs. Once or twice I had to reseat one of them after I put on the helmet, but I have also experienced that with foam plugs. The big advantage they have over the foam plugs is total comfort. You cannot feel them because they are not trying to expand like the foam plugs, which after a few hours start to be uncomfortable for me. They seem to have similar sound attenuation to the foam plugs. I think I will try reducing the amount of material because it does seem like it is more than you need. I was concerned about how they would work during altitude changes because they do seal the ear canal and they are not porous, however, for the 5,000 foot elevation changes I experienced they seemed to equalize somehow without causing any problems.

One other comment, it might be nice to have a more rugged box, the lid occasionally separated from the box and I expect the little hinge will break one of these days.

Don't bring a motorcycle to a car fight

GSWayne screwed with this post 03-04-2011 at 06:12 PM
GSWayne is offline   Reply With Quote