Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2011, 03:42 PM   #46
DoubleDare
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeraux View Post
Name calling?
Yeah, you're right. You should probably go tell your mom another boy called you a name.

But before you do, you might want to take the name out of your signature line.

Oh, and maybe stop being such a dick to your fellow inmates?
Old 09-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #47
DoubleDare
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiji View Post
Nobody knows. It has armacor in key areas, so you could compare it to the old BMW Streetguard 1 and 2, BUT armacor tends to be in one layer (To get a proper seal with seamtape) while the Rallye 3 uses ( I think) two layers of 500d Cordura in key areas.
Keiji,

Thanks for the insight. I guess it's true that nobody knows the full details yet on the Badlands armor.

My crash experience with the Rallye 3 was pretty good (if a crash can be called that), so I'd ordered a replacement.

I canceled the order when I learned about the Badlands, but the d30 armor has me wondering. . . Hard to get clear information to compare.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:55 PM   #48
keiji
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 941
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDare View Post
Keiji,

Thanks for the insight. I guess it's true that nobody knows the full details yet on the Badlands armor.

My crash experience with the Rallye 3 was pretty good (if a crash can be called that), so I'd ordered a replacement.

I canceled the order when I learned about the Badlands, but the d30 armor has me wondering. . . Hard to get clear information to compare.
BMW's NP Pads are superior as they pass around 13-15kN when subjected to the EN 1621-1 test, and have a larger coverage area. An 10mm pad of D3o passes around 17kN. The D3o T5 pads are 8mm, so they will pass more unless they have significantly improved the formulation. However, D3o is not as affected by cold temperatures as BMW NP Armor. (Sources)

Then again, not getting wet or having to deal with a soggy jacket is worth a lot too.
keiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:02 AM   #49
dmaxmike
former quadtard.

Oddometer: 701
Quote:
Yeah, you're right. You should probably go tell your mom another boy called you a name.

dmaxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:27 PM   #50
MMasz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 453
The Klim wear looks great. I wish they had more hi-viz options. Id snag the Latitude in a minute for riding here in S FL.
00 BMR R1100R: in the past:'07 Suzuki DRZ400S; '95 BMW R1100RS- Stolen ; '88 Suzuki Katana 1100; '78 Suzuki GS1000; '76 Yamaha XS750- while parked, was totalled by an Army Gama Goat; '69 Bridgestone 200 Mach II; '69 Honda Trail 50.
MMasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:23 PM   #51
mxbulldog
Braaaap!

Oddometer: 116
My jacket is ordered! Pumped to get this thing.
mxbulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #52
Schlug
JockeyfullofBourbon

Oddometer: 7,067
Quote:

wow,

for being pure noob you really paddled his backside.

Seems to me that Xeraux is one of those who think his never-ending presence here and his gigantic post count mean he can be a complete arse to everyone and anyone. I've been to a whack of ADV rallyes and never met him (that I know) and he may very well be a decent chap worth standing couple rounds of lager for, but in this case, he's extremely masturbatory. And your post was pure genius.

I wish Klim weren't made in China and their armour has, more than once, made me turn away from it. I know Klim are the new face of Rallying and I really, really want to like them, especially with the support they offer to riders we know and love.
-- It's in their hands. Our message is clear. They're seeing our determination.
Schlug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:46 AM   #53
DoubleDare
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbySands View Post
wow,

for being pure noob you really paddled his backside.
That's the thing about the Internet though, isn't it? You never know whether you're dealing with a teenager or a trial lawyer. I'm neither, but you get my point - it doesn't seem like a good place to pick fights randomly.

More than that though, one of the things I love most about the motorcycling community is that when the chips are down, we always have each others backs.

One of the first things I learned about motorcycling is that you never, ever just pass by a fellow motorcyclist who's in distress.

I have no doubt that if Xeraux came upon me and my bike crashed on the side of the road, he'd stop to help me. As I absolutely would do for him.

Given that, I think it makes a lot more sense to use these forums to benefit from each others' expertise and experience than to use them for bashing each other.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:45 AM   #54
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 1,963
Badlands

It looks like limited sizes are availible now on the Klim website in black, no gray yet for the Badlands.
The Laditude is availible in both Black and Gray in limited sizes as well.
Just a heads up for anybody thats interested.
I'm waiting for the Badlands in gray for myself to arrive.
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:14 PM   #55
GlobalTech
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
My black Badlands jacket and pants arrived today, absolutely faultless in construction and design, plus some nice touches. I obviously need to get out on the bike and see how it will stand up to the UK's wet winter. I have high expectations coming from a Rev-it Cayenne Pro which leaked in the crotch region under heavy rain.

I'm 13.5st / 6ft and went for large and the jacket fits comfy with plenty of room for movement even with layers. The large pants feel big, I'd say more XL by Rev-it sizing.

Being long in the torso, I do like the jacket's length, good back coverage and less need to zip the pants in to keep dry. That was the bug bear with the Cayenne, I always had to zip the jacket/pants together to keep the draft and water out.

Anyhow, enough indoor catwalking......time to put it use....watch this space!

RR - Two weeks Touring Scotland

GlobalTech screwed with this post 10-27-2011 at 03:26 PM
GlobalTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:23 AM   #56
dmaxmike
former quadtard.

Oddometer: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalTech View Post
My black Badlands jacket and pants arrived today
i just have to ask is there a country of origin tag on there anywhere?
dmaxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:57 AM   #57
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxmike View Post
i just have to ask is there a country of origin tag on there anywhere?

According to webbikeworld its made in China. I think all of the Klim stuff is from there.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:03 AM   #58
Pcfly
Dude?! Seriously??

Oddometer: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
According to webbikeworld its made in China. I think all of the Klim stuff is from there.
Actually the materials for the various products come very different locations across the globe. It very well may be the final assembly is in China but the materials and various what-not's come from all over.
Pcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:08 AM   #59
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcfly View Post
Actually the materials for the various products come very different locations across the globe. It very well may be the final assembly is in China but the materials and various what-not's come from all over.
I am sure the quality is there but I'd be willing to pay a little more if the stuff was made in another asian country or somewhere in Europe. As it is I am on the fence about buying the Klim gear despite it's great design due to made in China.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:53 AM   #60
GlobalTech
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
The tags say made in China, I'm not put off by this since almost everything is nowadays.

As far as I know there are only a few Chinese factories that are approved to work with Goretex and get the label "Guaranteed to keep you dry"...whatever that means!

I can only compare the Badlands to my old Rev-it Cayenne Pro, even older Belstaff and mate's Aerostich Darien. In all cases the quallity of workmanship and materials looks very good/better. e.g. over stitched stress point etc.

I do have some minor niggles:
1) The jacket cuffs dont have enough expanding gusset material which means its difficult to get my short gloves (size L-Alpinestars Polatec) under them. The first glove is easier since you have a free hand, but its very tight/awkward when both hands are gloved.
2) The short connecting zip on the inside of the pants is difficult to attach to the jacket once the pants are on. You have to connect before doing the waist up, although the longer jacket length means you probably dont need to zip them together that often.

I'm also concerned over the ruggedness of the inner mesh material that is used for internal pockets and to the house armour. I understand that its offers great breathability and reduces weight....but will it last?

I still haven't had the opportunity to try it in heavy rain, so can't comment on real world waterproofness..yet!

RR - Two weeks Touring Scotland

GlobalTech screwed with this post 10-30-2011 at 04:46 AM
GlobalTech is offline   Reply With Quote