Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2011, 03:11 PM   #76
Mav
Something witty...

Oddometer: 3,663
Possu - thanks for the feedback. Riding on Sunday would be great - trying to juggle some work, I'll drop you a PM later this week if I can make it

nibby - excuse the personal request, but what are your measurements? I wear a 41" chest and am 5' 9"...

Thinking about taking advantage of being stateside in a couple weeks... You guys are gonna cost me a fortune!

-------------------------
All the gear.. no idea!
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:34 PM   #77
Buster714
instant human

Oddometer: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by nibby View Post
Personally I got one so I did not have to put a pressure suit underneath. I save the pressure suit and Valdez for the snotty stuff.

The built in armour seems very good and covers everything very well if the size is right.

You really need to try one as everyone is different with different needs etc.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Maybe the temps are too low where your at but can you comment on the venting of the pants with the zippers open?
I'd like some feedback on warmer use too, but I have a feeling we already know what to expect...

After trying on the Badlands jacket today, it felt like it would be quite warm at low speed during the warmer months but, I wore my Durban jacket all summer and it's just as heavy. I think we can expect a 365 jacket like this to be a little steamy in hot weather but it really does check all the boxes for someone that rides through different climates in short amounts of time. I plan to replace my Astars Durban suit with the Badlands and outfit the Traverse jacket with internal armor for the warmer months. I'm very happy to finally have this gear available after waiting so long.

Looking forward to reading more feedback from the field...
Buster714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:18 PM   #78
Nacho911
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 428
My new Badlands should be at Mountain Motorrad in Canmore this week. Then my BMW Streetguard goes into the Flea Market. Great suit and very waterproof but I fell in love with this Klim suit when I tried it on. Klims going to destroy all others with this unit.
I think MM will be at the Calgary motorcycle show this January. Great people to deal with

Nacho
Old 11-29-2011, 11:10 PM   #79
nibby
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
nibby - excuse the personal request, but what are your measurements? I wear a 41" chest and am 5' 9"...
Mav, looks like we are the same size
nibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:28 PM   #80
Bob Tosi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,599
Oh God , another piece of gear to lust after.
When you're lost in the wild and scared as a child. And death looks you bang in the eye, and your sore as a boil, its according to Hoyle to cock your revolver... and die. But the code of a man says "fight all you can" and self-dissolution is barred. In hunger and woe, its easy to blow... Its the hell-served-for-breakfast thats hard........Robert Service
Bob Tosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:23 PM   #81
Pcfly
Dude?! Seriously??

Oddometer: 938
Laugh

Both the Badlands and the Lattitude suites are simply BAD ASS!!!
Pcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:37 AM   #82
heetseeker
Hopelessly addicted

Oddometer: 370
Lust is right.. it's time for a new set of gear and after countless hours of reviews here and on other sites, i'm down to the Klim Badlands or Rukka Armas. Just need to find that pot of gold first...

PDMC 38x
heetseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:51 AM   #83
Nacho911
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 428
Picked up the Badlands gear yesterday from Mountain Motorrad. I am stoked! Christmas came early, I'll wrap it and place it under the tree for me from my wife
Old 12-02-2011, 10:41 PM   #84
SoCalJeff
In the wind

Oddometer: 211
Ordered mine earlier this week. Should be on the front porch tomorrow afternoon!!
SoCalJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:25 AM   #85
toro618
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
has anyone been caugth in a downpour yet? I have not had a chance to ride in rain yet, and wanted to know how the external pockets are holding up keeping wallet and phone dry.
toro618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:40 AM   #86
Mav
Something witty...

Oddometer: 3,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by toro618 View Post
has anyone been caugth in a downpour yet? I have not had a chance to ride in rain yet, and wanted to know how the external pockets are holding up keeping wallet and phone dry.
I don't even own one (yet ) but with goretex jackets, you gotta watch out for condensation coming from you. Your sweat comes through the inside layer and condenses inside the pocket! So I'd recommend still putting things like a phone in plastic bags.

-------------------------
All the gear.. no idea!
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:14 PM   #87
1LIFE2LIVE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by heetseeker View Post
Lust is right.. it's time for a new set of gear and after countless hours of reviews here and on other sites, i'm down to the Klim Badlands or Rukka Armas. Just need to find that pot of gold first...
Badlands comes in at about $900 for the jacket where the Armas comes in at what $1,800? Is there that much of a difference?

1LIFE2LIVE screwed with this post 12-06-2011 at 08:32 PM
1LIFE2LIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:50 AM   #88
X-Ray
Over Radiated

Oddometer: 204
So if you have the full suit, you're wearing 12 Klim logos (plus the two Gore-Tex logos). Can you imaging a BMW suit with 8 roundels and 4 "BMW Motorrad" embroidered all over it? Only the hardcore GS fanboys would purchase.

It's a shame - nice suit but hopefully they'll tone it down a bit in future versions.
X-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:39 AM   #89
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoachFan View Post
So if you have the full suit, you're wearing 12 Klim logos (plus the two Gore-Tex logos). Can you imaging a BMW suit with 8 roundels and 4 "BMW Motorrad" embroidered all over it? Only the hardcore GS fanboys would purchase.

It's a shame - nice suit but hopefully they'll tone it down a bit in future versions.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:11 AM   #90
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 1,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoachFan View Post

Quick work with a sharpie and my Badlands jacket has just the back lower Klim logo and the two upper arm reflective logo's left. One can still see the others, but not nearly as prominent without the contrasting yellow.
And yes, this jacket puts the BMW stuff to shame. No more soggy outer layer!
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is online now   Reply With Quote