Old 04-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #46
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLO LOBO View Post
They sell it seperately don't they? Other triple makers are (or used to be):

Just checked:

HPN triples for the Marzocchi Magnums are $480 Euro and for WP's (must be the new USD's) they are $720 Euro's
I've got to think you could do better than that if you had drawings of what you wanted. Lots of CNC shops around that are willing to do custom work.

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:57 PM   #47
SOLO LOBO
airhead or nothing

Oddometer: 8,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornce View Post
I've got to think you could do better than that if you had drawings of what you wanted. Lots of CNC shops around that are willing to do custom work.

HPNGuy's versions from R-Dubb's drawings (once again with some revisions from the drawings posted here) were in the upper $400's.... cheaper than the Euro versions for sure and the quote 10 or so posts ago was $500-ish I think....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand
your bike is suitably dirty. Well done.
SOLO LOBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:51 PM   #48
Gimmeslack
furthur

Oddometer: 2,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLO LOBO View Post
That hard part is coming up with the cash to pay for the sets.... any thoughts on using HPNGuy and not your guy Gimmelsack?...

IMHO having HPNGuy, who made the first sets that are on bikes makes this set is the most logical.

Did HPNGuy say how may sets he needs commitments on to run a set?
No vested interest in 'my guy'. At one point I was just trying to get a set. Right now money is tight, so I'm prolly better off passing on any such mods.

"If you hold a cat by the tail, you learn things you cannot learn any other way."

Twain
Gimmeslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:01 AM   #49
ontic

Oddometer: 1,028
just a bump to see if anything has changed.
I'd probably be in for a set for WP50's. I am trying to figure out other options, but if a run was coming together, and I hadn't already figured something out, I would commit with money. Of course it comes down to timing.

And I second Country Doc's comment,
the Gletter stuff looks BEEAUTIFULL!
ontic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #50
Airhead Wrangler
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,203
Alright, HPMguy's making another batch of triples and this time he's doing some for WP 4860 forks. Yes, that's right, forks that were made this century. The catch is that he doesn't have a pair of 4860s around to measure, so I'm looking for someone out there with a recent KTM and a decent caliper that can get me a metric measurement of the OD of the fork legs where both sets of triples clamp on as well as the center to center spacing of the legs. I know the ODs of the legs are 54mm up top and 60mm lower down, but I need something a little more precise. Thanks.

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Airhead Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:30 PM   #51
SOLO LOBO
airhead or nothing

Oddometer: 8,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhead Wrangler View Post
Alright, HPMguy's making another batch of triples and this time he's doing some for WP 4860 forks. Yes, that's right, forks that were made this century.
Here is a link to the group buy thread..

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand
your bike is suitably dirty. Well done.
SOLO LOBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:45 PM   #52
Country Doc
Wanderer

Oddometer: 2,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhead Wrangler View Post
Alright, HPMguy's making another batch of triples and this time he's doing some for WP 4860 forks. Yes, that's right, forks that were made this century. The catch is that he doesn't have a pair of 4860s around to measure, so I'm looking for someone out there with a recent KTM and a decent caliper that can get me a metric measurement of the OD of the fork legs where both sets of triples clamp on as well as the center to center spacing of the legs. I know the ODs of the legs are 54mm up top and 60mm lower down, but I need something a little more precise. Thanks.
I have an '09 450EXC in my garage with 4860's, but I don't know what you mean by "more precise", or what a decent caliper would be. I measured with a sliding vernier caliper and got 54mm/60mm, but I wasn't being super careful.

Happy to measure mine up if you help me out with how to obtain more accurate measurements.

dc
Country Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:03 PM   #53
Airhead Wrangler
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Doc View Post
I don't know what you mean by "more precise", or what a decent caliper would be.
For machining purposes it'd be good to know down to the hundredth of a mm - that'd be something like 53._ _mm. Any old electronic calipers should go to a hundredth of a mm.

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Airhead Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote