Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2011, 11:23 AM   #226
Nod-Off
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
Ok, so I've been riding with the jacket for a few days now. Getting to know it, figuring out what's comfy, what's not. But I gotta ask . . .

WHAT IS WITH THE SLEEVE CONDOMS??

I just don't get them. They make it more difficult to get the sleeves on. In the summer, I suspect they won't let cooling breezes flow up the sleeves. Putting them over my hands and then my hands into my gloves feels uncomfortable and makes the gloves tight.

Someone give me a good reason not to just cut those bastids out of the sleeves.
I agree, want to borrow my scissors?

I think I'll do the same, and for the same reason. It's going to be hot in the summer for sure!

FYI, I also just emailed Revzilla to report the issue with the bubbling/separation on the KLIM shoulder logo on the left sleeve. I'd like to think they'd warranty it or else send me the secret solvent to take the bloody things off altogether...
Nod-Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:13 PM   #227
Nod-Off
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
FYI, I also just emailed Revzilla to report the issue with the bubbling/separation on the KLIM shoulder logo on the left sleeve. I'd like to think they'd warranty it or else send me the secret solvent to take the bloody things off altogether...[/QUOTE]

Okay, time to give some credit and a little love to the good folks at Revzilla -- after a little of what the Aussies call, 'argie-bargie', with customer service, they have agreed to send me a brand new jacket and take up the issue of the defective KLIM logo shoulder patch directly with KLIM.

Don'tcha wish every internet retailer gave that kind of service?
Nod-Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:17 PM   #228
BENJAMANIAC
Dakar aspirations!

Oddometer: 183
Santa treated me well.. Getting my badlands pro stuff this week with the neduro discount! Going to be ready to ride the world
KTM 02 520 EXC
Beta 09 250T
BENJAMANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:02 PM   #229
DirtyBiker
Roads are to explore

Oddometer: 366
Nooo - Don't cut

Quote:
Ok, so I've been riding with the jacket for a few days now. Getting to know it, figuring out what's comfy, what's not. But I gotta ask . . .

WHAT IS WITH THE SLEEVE CONDOMS??

Someone give me a good reason not to just cut those bastids out of the sleeves.
IMO: In cold weather you may appreciate the cuffs.

For me - - when riding in cold weather it's a bitch when cold wind gets through the crack between the glove and the sleeve of the jacket to then ride up my arm. It seems to get worse each time I transition from sitting to standing and back again which then forces me to stop and pull up my glove or pull down my jacket. I recently rode in 50 degree weather up in the local mountains and I really appreciated the cuff blocking the wind. When I use the jacket for warmer weather I suspect I'll just fold it in.

DirtyBiker screwed with this post 12-25-2011 at 11:21 PM Reason: changed font size
DirtyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:30 AM   #230
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,631
I'm probably gonna have my cuffs removed...... here's how they came to be.
"mixed feedback on the cuffs. they did not come from the snow they were implemented from Helge Pederson and his early production piece he rode the Silk Road with. Some guys think it's the best thing since the wheel others hate it."
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:44 AM   #231
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyBiker View Post
IMO: In cold weather you may appreciate the cuffs.

For me - - when riding in cold weather it's a bitch when cold wind gets through the crack between the glove and the sleeve of the jacket to then ride up my arm. It seems to get worse each time I transition from sitting to standing and back again which then forces me to stop and pull up my glove or pull down my jacket. I recently rode in 50 degree weather up in the local mountains and I really appreciated the cuff blocking the wind. When I use the jacket for warmer weather I suspect I'll just fold it in.
I know what you mean, but two things weigh against keeping them for me. 1) I don't know how really effective they are at blocking the cold, and 2) more importantly, I thought they were damn uncomfortable under my gloves. I'll give them another chance before I do it though.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:37 PM   #232
AC909
Great Job!

Oddometer: 923
A great piece

I will be right up front and let everyone know that I work at and operate a brick and mortar family owned and operated powersports business that is heavily into Klim product and we are all nuts about the gear. With that being said I am not trying to sell anyone anything but I do have a lot of riding experience with the suit considering I have been wearing the Badlands Pro gear since my rep dropped off his samples for me to test quite a few months ago.
I will not re-hash what has been said here already but add some new comments from my perspective as an offroad and street rider that has worn this jacket in both applications. As far as body size and suit size goes for reference I am 5'10" 185 lbs and wear the Large jacket and size 36 pants. I went up a size from what I normally wear in riding gear in both pant and jacket with the mindset that these are shell pieces meant to layer underneath. I ride in very very cold temperatures at times and I wanted ample room to layer. Neither piece looks too large when not layered due to all of the points of adjustability, arm straps etc, that really give a tailored look either way. The only permanent adjusting I had to do was fold the sleeve cuffs back one time to adjust the length which you couldn't tell if you didn't know.
Leatt Neck Brace:
I wear my Leatt (Club II) whether riding on or off road and the brace works well with the jacket. I wear my brace on top of the jacket not underneath so I have had to move up one size in the, what I will call, side latch pieces that Leatt gives with the brace to accommodate the material from the jacket. The rear "strut" of the brace does sit on top of the D3o back armor but for me is not uncomfortable at all.
Offroad Riding (XR250R):
The jacket has been fantastic in full offroad situations. I wear an Acerbis Cosmo suit that fits very well underneath the jacket with the D3o armor removed. The Cosmo could more than likely fit with the D3o but I do not feel it is necessary to have both. I think of the jacket in offroad situations as a more storage capable Powerxross Pullover with a built in kidney belt and hydration port.
Street Riding (DL650):
The suit is perfect for any street application. I have been in heavy rain and below freezing temperatures and the suit has been amazing. I come from a Aerostich Roadcrafter and the Badlands simply blows it out of the water. I have NEVER worn anything but a simple cotton t-shirt under the jacket for street riding including once at 28 degrees and I was not even slightly cold. The Gore-Tex Pro Shell is the most amazing fabric ever created by man and I am beginning to wonder if there isn't some sort of magic at play at the Gore laboratories. It is just great. I am not sure if it has been mentioned here or not but there is an internal waterproof storage sack in one of the chest pockets for the moisture that comes out of your body and through the Gore-Tex fabric. I have not had any issues with moisture build up in the pockets but the guys at Klim think of everything!
Misc:
After riding in the samples and before purchasing my Badlands Pro gear I sold EVERY piece of street riding gear I owned. That sale included my Roadcrafter (IMO, and no offense to the good people at Aerostich, glorified Carhartt coveralls), leather two piece suit, misc other textile gear from Alpinestars and Shift, and a few other odds ands ends. I did this simply because I knew that I would not need them anymore for any reason! The Badlands Pro is an amazingly versatile piece that will do an entire closets worth of duties in a single jacket and pant combo. With that being said I do not find that the price is out of line whatsoever and find the suit would hold up better than other gear on the market that is a much higher price.

Sorry for the longish write up but these were just a few topics I have noticed that were kind of missing from the conversation on the Bandlands Pro suit. If anyone has any questions I would be happy to give any other real life feedback that I can.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #233
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,684
Good write-up, thanks.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:45 PM   #234
wilkinsonk
Riff Raff

Oddometer: 635
Agreed, great write-up. I received my Badlands suit just before we left to go skiing over the holiday. The thing is just so awesome. I won't need it where I'm going for the next year (Saudi Arabia) but when I get back, Virginia winters will no longer keep me off the bike.
wilkinsonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:08 PM   #235
DRRambler
AKA Albertastrom

Oddometer: 834
Mid winter, may as well spend some dough on gear

I had to scratch an itch yesterday so I went to my local shop to try on the new Klim gear. As stated throughout this thread the quality is amazing. I tried both a Latitude and a Badlands jacket. The first thing I noticed about the Badlands was that the elbow pads pressed uncomfortably into my elbows while the Latitude did not. I did not take the time to adjust the pads so I'm wondering if that's all it would take. Anybody else notice this?
DRRambler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:48 AM   #236
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,631
No feeling of elbow pressure from me...nope.
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:09 AM   #237
AC909
Great Job!

Oddometer: 923
No issue here with the armor. It actually feels much less obtrusive than any other piece of gear I have had. Some customers have tried the Badlands on and thought that I had taken the armor out before I had them try it on it is so unnoticeable.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:34 AM   #238
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

I only notice the elbow armor right after I put the jacket on when it's been sitting in the freezing cold garage overnight. As soon as it warms up a little I don't notice it at all.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
Old 02-03-2012, 06:31 PM   #239
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Quote:
I know what you mean, but two things weigh against keeping them for me. 1) I don't know how really effective they are at blocking the cold, and 2) more importantly, I thought they were damn uncomfortable under my gloves. I'll give them another chance before I do it though.
I cut the "gaiters" out. Yup, I did it.

Rode through some heat earlier this week and it was sooooooo nice getting the breeze up my sleeves too.

The more I wear this jacket, the more I like it.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #240
ok64
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 142
My gators have to go too. During the winter my gloves go over my cuffs so they don't do anything and in the summer I like tĥe air going up my sleeve.

I know some folks love them. I've seen an Alpine jacket where you could zip the cuff out. I would have liked something like that or maybe velcro.

But for now, I'll use the sissors.

Check out www.ADVSPOT.com, my site with lots of links to Adventure products and information. (I don't sell anything) Send me a PM if you have a link you want to add.
ok64 is offline   Reply With Quote