and...

last one...
Attached Images

Wander4Days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:53 PM   #92
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,303
did you get the pants too? I love this KLIM stuff...just might be time to buy 2 more complete suits! We love our Traverse but this suit is better for touring ADV style.You look very happy!
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:54 PM   #93
DrKayak
Retro Rider

Oddometer: 748
I got mine tonight.

Jacket - The back pad is the thickest I have seen. I took it out for the jacket to feal right on. It is looser in the shoulders than my Traverse, not by a huge amount. Plenty of adjustment in the wast and arm sinch straps, more than I need. Length is the same as the Traverse. Overall it's a slim fit and feals great with nothing under it. I had to use the thinner D30 on the traverse jacket for it to fit at all in the shoulders, no so with the Latitude. I expect it will fit fine with the CE shoulder pads and my Gerbines under it.

Pants - I got the 34 tall. My 34 regular Traverse was a ltiile sort when sitting. They have the side "hand warmer" pockets that were said to be deleted on the final version. They are cut slightly slimmer than the traverse but fit fine. The hip pads are rather thick and stick out of the top of their pockets. The top velcro will not easily close and was not close when I received them. The hip pad pockets are adjustable and take the smaller D-30 pads from the traverse Perfectly. I plan to use the D30. Knee pads are fine as is and line up good even though the tall verion is a little long for me. With the thinner cut and the thick pads I could see a female rider needing to convert to D30 for them to fit.

I have a little binding on the side of the waste when sitting. Noticable preshure point on your hips. At first I though it was the stiffness of the zippers for the hand pockets, not so sure. Using the D30 hip pads did not make much difference. could just be the stiffness of the material and will soften up. compared to the Traverse they are much heavier. Like comparing the Traverse to the Dakar.

All I can think of for now. I plan to keep it, keep the D30 from the Traverse then sell the Traverse. I'm riding trail tomorrow on the 450. 40* and wet, I still will wear the Darkar pants over the Traverse. The Traverse is too much for me on hard trails and not enough for adventure riding on the big bike.
04 FZ1

DrKayak screwed with this post 11-04-2011 at 09:02 PM
DrKayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:35 PM   #94
soph9
Bike Addict

great info thanks! D3o is the way to go in the long run...that is what we have to in the Traverse. I actually got rid of the hip pads...hate them and yeah should keep them there but never have I kept hips pads in any pants I have owned. So, you are saying the pants are slimmer fitting than the Traverse?
Old 11-04-2011, 10:27 PM   #95
DrKayak
Retro Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
So, you are saying the pants are slimmer fitting than the Traverse?
Pulling them over you hips they are noticably snugger than the Traverse. Once on they fit about the same. I don't have to wiggle into them but the waste is tight.

Also noticed the pit vents don't open wide like on the Traverse. The mesh back limits the opening to 1-2 inches. I got the black color and honestly doubt it will vent enough to wear in the summer. No big deal. I bought it for cooler weather.
04 FZ1
Old 11-04-2011, 10:29 PM   #96
soph9
Bike Addict

bummer to hear that about the pants...the traverse pants fit so great...I was hoping they would keep with the roomy fit rather slimmer...that is not good news for us gals with hips. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 11-05-2011, 12:56 AM   #97
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
bummer to hear that about the pants...the traverse pants fit so great...I was hoping they would keep with the roomy fit rather slimmer...that is not good news for us gals with hips. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
i find the traverse pants to be perfect for every type of riding. they are perfect touring pants w/ pads put in. what more do you need pants to do than keep you dry, protect you and vent air when need be?
just switch between traverse and lattitude jacket when need be.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:47 AM   #98
soph9
Bike Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
i find the traverse pants to be perfect for every type of riding. they are perfect touring pants w/ pads put in. what more do you need pants to do than keep you dry, protect you and vent air when need be?
just switch between traverse and lattitude jacket when need be.
good point but will they match
Old 11-07-2011, 12:44 PM   #99
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,711
Is the venting in this jacket good enough for Arizona summers?
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:05 PM   #100
Florida Lime
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,217
I don't plan on wearing mine much in Florida for the summer !

It may depend on how much airflow you have on the bike you ride, but from a 25 mile commute with it today - personally, I doubt it.
'08 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S -- Going, still for sale.
Florida Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:12 AM   #101
soph9
Bike Addict

We saw the final version of this suit at Touratech this weekend...I was surprised that KLIM did indeed keep all their Logo stuff on the jacket after many made comments. As one of the TT guys said at least it is reflective. I am totally a KLIM fan but on the sleeves of this jacket not only do they have the K embroidered but they also included HUGE KLIM reflective wrap around Logo on each arm. There is KLIM all over the place. The Traverse is way more understated and tasteful...this is no way taking away from the quality of the gear. Just think KLIM got carried away with their own horn blowing...from what I can see the Badlands is a little less over the top.

As a female with the hip gators opened I can wear a medium jacket versus a large like I do in the Traverse. This is a more fitted jacket than the Traverse for sure. We did not try the pants on. I think we are both going to wait before trading up mainly because we are so comfortable in the Traverse and the sizing is perfect. I am pretty certain I would have pant sizing issues from what I can tell. Not partner as much as she has boy hips. Sort was hoping they would keep the Traverse fit in the Latitude pants but maybe then I need to get a customized suit. I can keep wishing though for a true uni-sexed suit.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:45 AM   #102
DrKayak
Retro Rider

Yea, I hated the color pattern on the Traverse and bought it anyway. Out riding I never gave "how do I look" a single thought. At least you don't see the KLIM on the sleaves with the jacket on. Both look way better than 99% of the other Adventure Touring type jackets. The others all scream poser to me.

I did some switching between outfits last night. After wearing the Latitude my Traverse feels terribly restrictive in the shoulders. I'm selling it on E-bay. I do have to wiggle into the Latitude pants. The waist does not open as far as the Traverse. Once on the Latitude pants fit me better.
04 FZ1
Old 11-20-2011, 08:14 AM   #103
soph9
Bike Addict

BTW...KLIM Canada has stock and is shipping both the Latitude and Badlands suits. Order away!
Old 11-20-2011, 09:45 AM   #104
Shep
Vagabond

Oddometer: 503
It was a pleasant surprise when I stopped by my local accessory dealer and discovered they had the Latitude jacket and pants in stock in 3 sizes. Now that my schedule has allowed me more riding time I was wanting a jacket that was waterproof, as opposed to inner liners. I tried one on and it seemed to be just what I was looking for. The pants were difficult to get on and seemed cut rather small...and I'm a small guy. I don't see myself buying them. I purchased the jacket and received a $50 gift card from the shop...win/win!

Shep
Old 11-20-2011, 08:12 PM   #105
DrKayak
Retro Rider

I sold my Traverse set on E-bay. First ride with the Latitude today. I like it a lot better than the Traverse.

04 FZ1