Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #46
hugemoth OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,695
I took the 140 engine apart to find out what was causing it to jump in 1st gear. Found the shift drum stopper bolt had come loose witch is a pretty common problem on the horizontal Honda engines. Being the curious type I went ahead and split the case to check the gears, shifting forks, etc., and all was well. Ordered a gasket set for $12.50 including shipping.

One thing I did find is a bit of wear on he center ridge of the cam chain guide wheel (plastic) that fits inside the cylinder casting. I'll replace it although it would probably work fine as is.
hugemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:37 PM   #47
Sparke
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 451
Lifan 140

I have a Lifan 140 that I bought about a year and a half ago new in a box unused. I was going to put it in a CT90 but then bought a NX250 instead. I would take $275 plus freight for it. anyone interested
Sparke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:29 AM   #48
Sparke
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 451
Lifan 140 available

This is the engine kit I have available. in the original box 54 lbs. 20x12x14 inches my zip code is 21152 you figure out the shipping to your address. $250 plus shipping

Sparke screwed with this post 06-09-2013 at 02:25 PM
Sparke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #49
Birdmove
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,604
Just a few comments. There are 2 forums for the Chinese made motorcycles and scooters. Google "My China Moto", and "Chinariders", and I think you'll find them. Both have a lot of info. At both forums, an Idahoan that calls himself spudrider has a Zong Chen 200cc dual sport. He is past 60,000 miles on it. He takes it way off the beaton path all the time.

I am interested in one of these:

http://www.powersportsmax.com/produc...ducts_id/15056

4 speed manual with a clutch, 125cc engine. I think the engine could be used in a Trail 90, CL90, S90, etc,etc.

Here is a guy riding one made by Pitster Pro. The seat is not stock. This one has the semi-auto trans. I would want a manual.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svm2y_gKf8w

Who says you can't have fun on a small bike?? Freeways? Hell, no. We don't have them where I live.
Birdmove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:00 PM   #50
stefg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
break down

Does anyone know where I could fine break down for a 250 cc dirt bike engine?
My daugther's bike just got a kick start issue and I think I will have to take the complete engine off the frame and tare it down.
Before I do so i would like to see how its made.
Thanks

Keep the ruber down
stefg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #51
hugemoth OP
Beastly Adventurer

Is it the push rod engine or the OHC engine? On the push rod engine the crankcase has to be split to get to the starter ratchet and you can do a search for images of the Honda CG125 engine which is the same design. Not sure about the OHC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefg View Post
Does anyone know where I could fine break down for a 250 cc dirt bike engine?
My daugther's bike just got a kick start issue and I think I will have to take the complete engine off the frame and tare it down.
Before I do so i would like to see how its made.
Thanks

hugemoth screwed with this post 07-24-2013 at 02:04 PM
Old 07-25-2013, 05:31 AM   #52
stefg
Adventurer

It's the OHC model and yes I had to split the engine to get to the transmision and I have discover a broken gear:(

The motor is a lifan 125cc OHC with clutch. I wonder if I could find replacement parts and this is why I am looking for the break down parts of the engine so I can have a part number.

Anyone have it?

Thanks

Keep the ruber down
Old 07-25-2013, 07:58 AM   #53
stefg
Adventurer

I found it.

http://www.omicronmotors.com/manuals/125_engine.pdf

Keep the ruber down
Old 07-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #54
hugemoth OP
Beastly Adventurer

Your original post said it was a 250cc which could only be a vertical engine. If it is a horizontal 125 it'll be much easier to get parts for. Tons of parts on eBay and lots of pit bike specialty shops on line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefg View Post
Old 07-25-2013, 11:02 AM   #55
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,822
I know this thread is about engines, but are Lifan bikes available anymore? Like the LF200GY-5? They used to be all over the internet. I bought one from an American Lifan dealer back in '07, and had it drop shipped to my house.
1980 Puch moped
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #56
TrashCan
Scary Jerry

Oddometer: 4,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
I know this thread is about engines, but are Lifan bikes available anymore? Like the LF200GY-5? They used to be all over the internet. I bought one from an American Lifan dealer back in '07, and had it drop shipped to my house.

Does that model have tube tires???

TrashCan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #57
hugemoth OP
Beastly Adventurer

As far as I can tell Lifan motorcycles are no longer sold in the US. Pretty sure that's because they had a problem with the EPA. It's a shame we don't have that low cost option available any longer.

Quote:
Old 07-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #58
Gvidon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Will the new 150cc Lifan engine fit a Honda CT90?

Like this one....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LIFAN-150CC-...2cb1af&vxp=mtr
Gvidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:50 PM   #59
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugemoth View Post
As far as I can tell Lifan motorcycles are no longer sold in the US. Pretty sure that's because they had a problem with the EPA. It's a shame we don't have that low cost option available any longer.
EPA. That figures. They ruin everything they touch. I think I hate the EPA worse than the IRS. No wait, I know I do.

Yes it has tube tires, but there is a simple solution to that problem on that particular bike, the same one I used on my 250 Rebel. You can bolt a second stand to the right side footpeg mount to get the wheels off the ground. It takes a little effort, but gives you a way to fix flats. My XT225 also has tube type tires, but it has an actual permanently attached centerstand.
1980 Puch moped
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:36 PM   #60
hugemoth OP
Beastly Adventurer

Lifan is a big company that sells a huge number of bikes, cars, trucks, generators, etc., all over the world. The US is a relatively small market for them so I figure they ran the numbers and decided jumping through all the EPA hoops is not worth the hassle. I'm glad we can still get the small motorcycle engines to keep some of the old Honda cub type bikes on the road.

Quote:
EPA. That figures. They ruin everything they touch. I think I hate the EPA worse than the IRS. No wait, I know I do.

Yes it has tube tires, but there is a simple solution to that problem on that particular bike, the same one I used on my 250 Rebel. You can bolt a second stand to the right side footpeg mount to get the wheels off the ground. It takes a little effort, but gives you a way to fix flats. My XT225 also has tube type tires, but it has an actual permanently attached centerstand.