Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #91
Censport
Vendor

Oddometer: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaws justice View Post
Never too late, I will be back in Nashville for classes in Late September when it cools down!
Sounds great! In the meantime, I'm buying the book.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:58 AM   #92
outlaws justice OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Censport View Post
Sounds great! In the meantime, I'm buying the book.
The book is a great read, I recommend everyone read it prior to the class if possible. It does make a difference.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:02 AM   #93
cliffy109
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,579
I'm taking this course this weekend in Richmond. They have a special right now. Take the class and get a free copy of the book. Woot!!! http://www.mscv.org/
cliffy109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:37 AM   #94
Censport
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaws justice View Post
The book is a great read, I recommend everyone read it prior to the class if possible. It does make a difference.
Mine arrived a couple of weeks ago. Great stuff!
Old 07-06-2011, 12:27 PM   #95
rickrwh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 134
Everything presented in the class is in the book, but it sure helps when you have somebody giving you feedback rather than practicing alone in a parking lot.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:49 PM   #96
outlaws justice OP
Studly Adventurer

Nashville

I will be back in Nashville for Classes on September 30th and October 1st. So if anyone is interested in taking the class in that region you can sigh up at www.nashvilleriders.com

April was my first time teaching there, and the local riders who set up and helped with the class made it great, not only did we have lunch provided, but they made and served breakfast. I am sure looking forward to going back again!
Old 07-07-2011, 07:28 AM   #97
Censport
Vendor

Oh man, that's the same weekend as the "Fine in the Pines" BMWMOA rally. I was planning on attending that as a vendor.

Hmmm...
Old 07-19-2011, 12:58 PM   #98
outlaws justice OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Censport View Post
Oh man, that's the same weekend as the "Fine in the Pines" BMWMOA rally. I was planning on attending that as a vendor.

Hmmm...
Come to the Friday Class, have some fun and get someone to cover any time on Friday for you
Old 07-24-2011, 01:17 PM   #99
Flyinguy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
The wife and I just returned home from the BMW rally in Bloomsburg. Took the course on Friday, she as a passenger. It was HOT! It hit 105 before we were done. A big "THANK YOU" to the instructors, Tracy and Scott.

The course was great. The class had a wide variety of age and experience. Each evolution built on the prior evolution in a logical manner and it was presented in a way that made sense. This course is deceptive in that it is harder in "actuality" than it looks on paper (everybody can ride in a circle, can't they?), so everyone had to pay attention to what they were doing.

Even though I came home a having learned a lot and have a lot to practice, my wife, the only spouse to ride (did I mention that it was HOT?), really came alive on the bike, much more relaxed, and with much more confidence. As an example, in the last drill (figure 8's), I was leaned over and looking hard to the inside of the turn (as instructed) and I could see her helmet in my peripheral vision. The course was worth the money for what it did for her. Of course, now when we ride, all I hear from the back is "Look thru the turn", "Get your head over further" or "Relax your upper arm". And guess who walked into the rally on Saturday and picked the most expensive riding jacket (RUKKA) to bring home? And she is already talking about some practice sessions after it cools off.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:01 AM   #100
outlaws justice OP
Studly Adventurer

Great, in the past five years I have yet to have anyone ride with a passenger in one of my classes but I am looking forward to that and do encourage that as well.

I am waiting for it to cool down and will be offering classes in Nashville again this fall. Hope a few members from the board attend!
Old 07-25-2011, 06:39 PM   #101
Flyinguy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinguy View Post
The wife and I just returned home from the BMW rally in Bloomsburg. Took the course on Friday, she as a passenger. It was HOT! It hit 105 before we were done. A big "THANK YOU" to the instructors, Tracy and Scott.

The course was great. The class had a wide variety of age and experience. Each evolution built on the prior evolution in a logical manner and it was presented in a way that made sense. This course is deceptive in that it is harder in "actuality" than it looks on paper (everybody can ride in a circle, can't they?), so everyone had to pay attention to what they were doing.

Even though I came home a having learned a lot and have a lot to practice, my wife, the only spouse to ride (did I mention that it was HOT?), really came alive on the bike, much more relaxed, and with much more confidence. As an example, in the last drill (figure 8's), I was leaned over and looking hard to the inside of the turn (as instructed) and I could see her helmet in my peripheral vision. The course was worth the money for what it did for her. Of course, now when we ride, all I hear from the back is "Look thru the turn", "Get your head over further" or "Relax your upper arm". And guess who walked into the rally on Saturday and picked the most expensive riding jacket (RUKKA) to bring home? And she is already talking about some practice sessions after it cools off.
This little postscript is from The Wife: I had the greatest time at the BMW MOA, which pleased my best guy (that is why he let me have the RUKKA!) Hope we can go to next year's in Missouri (minus thoughts of expensive purchases!)
Old 08-03-2011, 06:51 AM   #102
outlaws justice OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinguy View Post
And she is already talking about some practice sessions after it cools off.
That is the Key, No matter what class you take you can never master all the skills in any class without a lot of after class practice for continued improvement. I get a lot of e-mails from students a few days after the class when they have had the chance to use and practice the stuff we do in class.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:54 AM   #103
outlaws justice OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffy109 View Post
I'm taking this course this weekend in Richmond. They have a special right now. Take the class and get a free copy of the book. Woot!!! http://www.mscv.org/
How was your class?

Anyone coming to the Nashville Class in September?
Old 08-12-2011, 07:42 AM   #104
cliffy109
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,579
It was excellent. As usual, I am discovering that I learned more during the class than I realized. The reason I didn't post an immediate review is because I was initially a bit disappointed. I really didn't feel like it did what I had hoped in that I didn't see that anything I learned was able to make me a better rider. I went away feeling like we spent too much time "warming up" the tires (it was 100 degrees on the range) and not enough time really getting it right.

Well... upon further review and contemplation, I have to say it was a lot better than that. I find myself doing a lot better at looking through the corners than I did before the class. It is an incramental change in my riding, but a positive change none the less. I also feel just a bit more confident in a hard corner and actually understand how to drag a knee (even if that is something I don't do on the street).

The day was not without a bit of frustration. The class size was very small at 5 rider and three instructors. One of the instructors couldn't quite explain one technique and I was to the point of raising my voice because he kept saying the same things that didn't make any sense to me. Finally, one of the other instructors used a different example and made things perfectly clear. That lead to a nice breakthrough and I'm thankful that the class was small enough that I was able to finally get that one right.

Looking back, it was exactly what I needed. At the time, I didn't recognize it as that. I would have benefitted by reading the book first but didn't because I knew a free copy was coming upon completion.

If a person has the chance, borrow the book and then take the class. Even in my case where the school is giving free copies, get a hold of a copy before hand.

On another note, the training facility is amazing. It is a dedicated motorcycle training school. They have multiple classrooms, a garage and a nice parking lot. They also have two dedicated ranges that are used for nothing except training. They run classes 7 days a week and is the only local one that offers weekday basic MSF classes. I was very impressed. http://www.mscv.org/
cliffy109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:50 AM   #105
outlaws justice OP
Studly Adventurer

Back to Nashville

In Six Weeks I will be back in Nashville to host the classes, two days to choose from and lunch is included. If you are interested please get signed up soon. Need to determine the number of coaches required and make the travel plans for them. You can sign up at www.totalcontroltraining.net or go to the Nashville site at www.nashvilleriders.com

Hope to meet some of you there!