Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2014, 11:24 AM   #1
UtahGuido OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,917
Who's the tall guy in AZ looking for a KLR?

This'll be a short thread, hopefully. About a month back there was a fellow looking for a comfortable dualsport for a tall rider, something in the $2500 range, and he seemed to be leaning towards a KLR650, if he could find one in Arizona, where they seem to be rare. I searched back a ways but couldn't find the thread. If this person sounds like you post up because I am ready to sell my 2008 KLR which has been fitted out for a tallish person (I'm 6'2") with repositioned pegs and anti-vibe Rox Risers. It also has:
- Race Tech emulators in front (with trick pre-load adjusters that I never touch)
- Cogent Dynamics Moab shock in the rear set for a 190 lb rider plus 20-30 lbs gear.
- New top end and a bottom end out of an '07. And that's a long story. Engine has about 700 miles since the rebuild with no problems. The doo was replace with an Eagle Mike unit.
- Thermo Bob
- Carb mods done. Reversible airbox opening done.
- Upgraded subframe bolts.
- Nerf bar radiator guards.
- Rear rack functionality enhancements
- 15, 14, and 16T front sprockets included, plus other spare parts.

That's all the good stuff. The bad stuff is the right front shroud is pretty beat up and the speedo has about a 20% high bias - says you're going 80 when you're only doing 65 - and it has more than it's share of scratches. It looks a bit Mad Maxish. The tires are Mefo Explorers that are about 50% gone.

I posted it in the local classifieds for an optimistic $3200. No calls. I'd like $2800 in lieu of all the upgrades but realistically I'd settle for $2500, no dickering. I'd post a picture but Imagshack has "improved" their site and I have not figured out how to do it yet.

Hope you see this Arizona guy. If not I'll move it over to the fleamarket and go from there.

Ciao,

UG

I'
Old 01-16-2014, 02:32 PM   #2
Ranger Ron
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 648
I guess it's not me. I'm 5'6" and already have one.

Ron
Old 01-17-2014, 12:48 AM   #3
UtahGuido OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Ron View Post
I guess it's not me. I'm 5'6" and already have one.

Ron
Nope, not you. But thanks for the reply, gives me a chance to bump this back onto the front page for a bit. And see if I can link a picture from the new Imageshack. I hate it when sites like that "upgrade" and then you have to figure how to use them all over again.

If I can get this to work here's the bike (missing it's side cover, which I have):