Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Hacks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2011, 02:11 AM   #136
Brendan J OP
ONE HACK AT A TIME

Oddometer: 1,455
Well finally some good news today. After a couple of weeks of headaches, pondering and discussing the final hurdle on the sidecar build has been jumped .

I will get to take possession next weekend. I was hoping to get to the NSW sidecar rally, but due to lack of ride time to get myself acquainted with the bike I don't think this going to happen.

A leading link is on the cards in the very near future along with some other things like fridge, huge deep cycle battery, driving lights, bull/nudge bar, winch and get it all wired up of coarse.

I would just also like to thank a few other people for their input on the project so far as well it has been well heeded. Thanks goes to First and fore most Phil Duffy (Phyllis), Neil (CLANCY), Nev (NevGriff64), Johnny Cecil, and a few others along the way with names that elude me at this time.

So keep tuned in as this project is not finished by a long shot.

Brendan J screwed with this post 09-09-2011 at 03:13 AM
Brendan J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:41 AM   #137
ClearwaterBMW
The Examiner

Oddometer: 5,972
that is terrific news
i hope that you will keep us informed
Live life like you mean it... but take your family and friends (and DOGS) along for the "ride"
ClearwaterBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:45 AM   #138
Flodder
Flodder

Oddometer: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan J View Post
Well finally some good news today. After a couple of weeks of headaches, pondering and discussing the final hurdle on the sidecar build has been jumped .

I will get to take possession next weekend. I was hoping to get to the NSW sidecar rally, but due to lack of ride time to get myself acquainted with the bike I don't think this going to happen.

A leading link is on the cards in the very near future along with some other things like fridge, huge deep cycle battery, driving lights, bull/nudge bar, winch and get it all wired up of coarse.

I would just also like to thank a few other people for their input on the project so far as well it has been well heeded. Thanks goes to First and fore most Phil Duffy (Phyllis), Neil (CLANCY), Nev (NevGriff64), Johnny Cecil, and a few others along the way with names that elude me at this time.

So keep tuned in as this project is not finished by a lot shot.
Hi brendan. You will enjoy the outfit. Did you get to ride the newly built one at tallarook last weekend.
Ride safe Flodder
Flodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:48 AM   #139
Clancy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,516
Quote:

So keep tuned in as this project is not finished by a lot shot.
Great news Brendan Come up to the rally with us Nothing like getting experience on the run You already know the bike, and you'll be better at it than I am
Old 09-09-2011, 03:22 AM   #140
Brendan J OP
ONE HACK AT A TIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearwaterBMW View Post
that is terrific news
i hope that you will keep us informed
Greg I will be, expect some more photos and blurb sometime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flodder View Post
Hi brendan. You will enjoy the outfit. Did you get to ride the newly built one at tallarook last weekend.
Ride safe Flodder
No I didn't. I didn't feel comfortable in riding it considering I was meeting Bones for the first time and quite a few others. I may take the opportunity at a later date when myself and Bones know each other a bit better. By the way it was good to meet you finally and all the others that Phil had been talking about. I must say I did have my eye on Mr Cecils daughter that was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clancy View Post
Great news Brendan Come up to the rally with us Nothing like getting experience on the run You already know the bike, and you'll be better at it than I am
Neil I would really like to go and may still, will be a late minute thing. I have Friday and Monday off work if I want. I will probably leave either Thursday night straight after work or leave early Friday morning if I do.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:54 AM   #141
ClearwaterBMW
The Examiner

Oddometer: 5,972
Quote:
Greg I will be, expect some more photos and blurb sometime soon.
that will be awesome
thank you for your response
good luck
Live life like you mean it... but take your family and friends (and DOGS) along for the "ride"
ClearwaterBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:13 PM   #142
tripodtiger
I used to be SCRay

Oddometer: 4,541
Quote:
Neil I would really like to go and may still, will be a late minute thing. I have Friday and Monday off work if I want. I will probably leave either Thursday night straight after work or leave early Friday morning if I do.
No use having it in the garage looking at it!

The more you ride it, the sooner you do it, the sooner you'll get the skills. And there is something to be said for getting that experience across a range of situations, rather than riding an unloaded sidecar around suburbia.

I fully intend to be at the SOC rally, so I wont need to be jealous, I've already got my updated one.

http://tripodtiger.smugmug.com/
tripodtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:40 AM   #143
Brendan J OP
ONE HACK AT A TIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripodtiger View Post
No use having it in the garage looking at it!

The more you ride it, the sooner you do it, the sooner you'll get the skills. And there is something to be said for getting that experience across a range of situations, rather than riding an unloaded sidecar around suburbia.

I fully intend to be at the SOC rally, so I wont need to be jealous, I've already got my updated one.

G'day Ray I don't plan on this sittin in the shed much. I will be using it as a daily commuter and for everything else in between.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:54 AM   #144
nutso
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Do you like rubber bands?

[QUOTE=I must say I did have my eye on Mr Cecils daughter that was there.
Its a well known fact that the weirdo cecil is very protective of his cute little daughter and has been known to assualt would be suitors with his lambing elastrator and little green rubber rings- Be very afraid!!!
nutso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 04:25 AM   #145
Brendan J OP
ONE HACK AT A TIME

[QUOTE=nutso;16824519][QUOTE=I must say I did have my eye on Mr Cecils daughter that was there.
Its a well known fact that the weirdo cecil is very protective of his cute little daughter and has been known to assualt would be suitors with his lambing elastrator and little green rubber rings- Be very afraid!!![/QUOTE]

I was very careful around Mr Cecil !!! Considering he was in a non sober state There is nothing wrong with looking, its the touching that may land me in the hot water

By the way I do like rubber bands but the little greens ones are a bit hard to flick around !!!
Old 09-10-2011, 06:05 AM   #146
Clancy
Beastly Adventurer

[QUOTE=nutso;16824519][QUOTE=I must say I did have my eye on Mr Cecils daughter that was there.
Its a well known fact that the weirdo cecil is very protective of his cute little daughter and has been known to assualt would be suitors with his lambing elastrator and little green rubber rings- Be very afraid!!![/QUOTE]

Old 09-10-2011, 03:39 PM   #147
Brendan J OP
ONE HACK AT A TIME

Yeah you can laugh every dog has his day !!!!
Old 09-10-2011, 04:21 PM   #148
Clancy
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Yeah you can laugh every dog has his day !!!!

S'ok Brendan, wasn't laughing at you. Just had a mental picture of Mr. Cecil chasing blokes with little green elastic bands,
Old 09-10-2011, 06:06 PM   #149
Brendan J OP
ONE HACK AT A TIME

Thats ok I thought it was funny too
Old 09-11-2011, 01:36 AM   #150
Flodder
Flodder

Oddometer: 430
[QUOTE=Brendan J;16824687]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutso View Post

I was very careful around Mr Cecil !!! Considering he was in a non sober state There is nothing wrong with looking, its the touching that may land me in the hot water

By the way I do like rubber bands but the little greens ones are a bit hard to flick around !!!
Mr Brendan j. On a serious side of this conversation. I would probably hold any more comments about Mr Cecils daughter as everyone in that house paddock the other weekend loves and respects the Lady as one of our own.
Flodder Alias Fred Kelsh
Flodder is offline   Reply With Quote