Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2011, 07:36 AM   #226
Throttlemeister
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogle View Post
How did you break that shock?How much weight did you put on down south?

I'm guessing that shock hasn't been broken for a year.And your date stamp on the picture is is just set wrong.

See you soon
Nope that's the one on the big bike, it was low priority to fix it until latin rally

gotta get something to ride to NM as the other little bike is down South still waiting on me.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:48 PM   #227
Lone Rider

Oddometer: 25,130
So, is the Copper Canyon run now out...or not?
Lone Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #228
Throttlemeister
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rider View Post
Earlier in the thread Nataharli "Ken" is out. I'm not going there afterwards $ and I don't know about the rest of the crew. You can go get some dentist work with bman but I don't even know it he will make it South, I don't think he's coming to the rally from what I gather.

I think it would be worthwhile waiting until Oct or so IMO.

Maybe next year the rally will finally get in Latin Country like Cooper Canyon, Galena, or even Xilitia...
Old 08-08-2011, 07:15 PM   #229
Doogle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 510
Quote:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I can't make it.I am flying out of the country on 8/31.
Doogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:51 PM   #230
Nata Harli OP
The Accidental Tourista

Oddometer: 2,534
Quote:
]I'm not going to be able to ride down there this year since I'm delivering my bike in Alamogordo to Discojon75 who bought it. I've been told it is a long walk from there to the bottom of Copper Canyon. I'm not sure if anyone else was planning on riding down there or not. Guess you'll just have to come to the rally to find out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlemeister View Post
Earlier in the thread Nataharli "Ken" is out. I'm not going there afterwards $ and I don't know about the rest of the crew. You can go get some dentist work with bman but I don't even know it he will make it South, I don't think he's coming to the rally from what I gather.

I think it would be worthwhile waiting until Oct or so IMO.

Maybe next year the rally will finally get in Latin Country like Cooper Canyon, Galena, or even Xilitia...
The search committee is open to suggestions about places in Mexico to hold ALARR V.

No, it's not a Harley , it's a BMW.
Nata Harli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:54 PM   #231
Nata Harli OP
The Accidental Tourista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogle View Post
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I can't make it.I am flying out of the country on 8/31.

I just heard from BobLobLaw and he can't make it this year either. He chose a trip through Africa with Charlie Boorman over ALARR. It boggles the mind why anyone would make that choice.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:57 PM   #232
mundobravo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,117
Hey Inmates, I want to come to this rally. Do I have to pay-pal and all that crap or can I just come on up and put out some cash and my tent ? I live just down the road.
http://www.vimeo.com/7780879
mundobravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:44 PM   #233
Throttlemeister
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundobravo View Post
Hey Inmates, I want to come to this rally. Do I have to pay-pal and all that crap or can I just come on up and put out some cash and my tent ? I live just down the road.

I'm just about sure you could show up with cash and it would be just fine but you have to ask Ken "Nata Harli' as he has taken in the money.

This is going to be a small little get together by the looks of it this year, maybe 7 or so, we ought to have room for a few more no problem and we expect you to show the nice riding spots in the area since your local and all

Looking forward to it
Old 08-09-2011, 04:12 PM   #234
BobLoblaw
Comfortably Numb

Oddometer: 1,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nata Harli View Post

I just heard from BobLobLaw and he can't make it this year either. He chose a trip through Africa with Charlie Boorman over ALARR. It boggles the mind why anyone would make that choice.
Charley liked my bike

Old 08-09-2011, 04:29 PM   #235
Throttlemeister
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
Charley liked my bike

Not as much as your bank account Sorry I couldn't resist and btw the way that is a nice bike Sounds awesome, don't forget the ride report now Maybe see you next year.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:56 PM   #236
Nata Harli OP
The Accidental Tourista

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundobravo View Post

Absolutely! That's the great thing about this rally every year is getting new blood to join us. And when I say "blood" I mean that literally. You'll notice that Throttlemeister never ventures out while it's light. He's our official "new blood collector".

Just contribute your $$$ when you arrive. We're splitting the $320 among those that show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlemeister View Post
I'm just about sure you could show up with cash and it would be just fine but you have to ask Ken "Nata Harli' as he has taken in the money.

This is going to be a small little get together by the looks of it this year, maybe 7 or so, we ought to have room for a few more no problem and we expect you to show the nice riding spots in the area since your local and all

Looking forward to it
John,

It's really nice to see you taking the bull by the horns and organizing this rally.
You seem to be so good at it that, in addition to being our "new blood collector", the organizing committee has appointed you the task of finding next year's site. Preferably, south of the border. I think it's about time we moved this rally south and you are the man to handle it.
And, as a side note, it will be really good to see you again this year. I think you, daveg and I are the only returnees from previous years. I'm planning on seeing Max and Dr. Ben on my trip to Nova Scotia but will miss all of the other "regulars" who aren't coming this year. Once you get this thing organized for next year south of the border we should see all of the regulars returning. We're counting on you, John!!!

Old 08-09-2011, 05:03 PM   #237
Throttlemeister
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Absolutely! That's the great thing about this rally every year is getting new blood to join us. And when I say "blood" I mean that literally. You'll notice that Throttlemeister never ventures out while it's light. He's our official "new blood collector".

Just contribute your $$$ when you arrive. We're splitting the $320 among those that show up.

John,

It's really nice to see you taking the bull by the horns and organizing this rally.
You seem to be so good at it that, in addition to being our "new blood collector", the organizing committee has appointed you the task of finding next year's site. Preferably, south of the border. I think it's about time we moved this rally south and you are the man to handle it.
And, as a side note, it will be really good to see you again this year. I think you, daveg and I are the only returnees from previous years. I'm planning on seeing Max and Dr. Ben on my trip to Nova Scotia but will miss all of the other "regulars" who aren't coming this year. Once you get this thing organized for next year south of the border we should see all of the regulars returning. We're counting on you, John!!!

i haven't done anything Ken, it takes people showing up to have a rally and this year it looks pretty rough. I'll be lucky to make it back alive from SA but If I do I'm sure something can be come up with, although it might just be a meet in Creel Event at Margarita's

Show up or shut up rally, that's the only way I know how.

This reservation stuff can get a little expensive, I'm glad the tent sites got dropped a little from the big number earlier We need to find a few others to make this more affordable.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:05 PM   #238
Nata Harli OP
The Accidental Tourista

These are the folks I think are showing up:

Ccjon
Throttlemeister
Discojon75
SgtMarty
ElReyDelSofa
Nata Harli
daveg
mundobravo

So, it looks like we still have room for 6 more. I haven't heard from Mr. and Mrs. Colomtnbiker but I'm hoping they show up.

GatoGato is backpacking in Europe, Doogle has to leave the country on the 31st (probably so he's got a good excuse for not attending, though it seems to me if he's leaving on the 31st he should be able to make it), and BobLobLaw will be heading to Africa with Charlie Boorman. So, next year, they will have used up all their available excuses and it is mandated that they attend. Assuming, of course, that Throttlemeister lines us up a good spot south of the border.
No pressure, John!

Old 08-09-2011, 09:20 PM   #239
Throttlemeister
Beastly Adventurer

I'll tell you where and when and you just have to show up.

Gonna have to be pretty informal if I'm in charge and the food isn't going to be near as good as it has been unless something special happens

We'll have to wait and see what this year's rally brings and who actually shows up...
Old 08-10-2011, 07:14 PM   #240
Doogle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 510
Quote:
These are the folks I think are showing up:

Ccjon
Throttlemeister
Discojon75
SgtMarty
ElReyDelSofa
Nata Harli
daveg
mundobravo

So, it looks like we still have room for 6 more. I haven't heard from Mr. and Mrs. Colomtnbiker but I'm hoping they show up.

GatoGato is backpacking in Europe, Doogle has to leave the country on the 31st (probably so he's got a good excuse for not attending, though it seems to me if he's leaving on the 31st he should be able to make it), and BobLobLaw will be heading to Africa with Charlie Boorman. So, next year, they will have used up all their available excuses and it is mandated that they attend. Assuming, of course, that Throttlemeister lines us up a good spot south of the border.
No pressure, John!
Hey,I'm going to be there.
1.Mexican border to straighten out proper exit
2.LARR
3.Ride home and catch plane to Copenhagen
Doogle is offline   Reply With Quote