Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2011, 12:15 PM   #136
spook120
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 293
OK...just too good to pass up...clarification of "my girlfriend gets hot really quick"..... Pictures would held this thread immensly. No offense, just fooling around.
spook120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:47 PM   #137
Too_Tall
The Belgian

Oddometer: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by spook120 View Post
OK...just too good to pass up...clarification of "my girlfriend gets hot really quick"..... Pictures would held this thread immensly. No offense, just fooling around.
Tsss, you should lurk more.

And check my posts in the "Crazy Girlfriend Stories"-thread

(She didn't like the borrowed Nolan so we got her a C3 like mine. I also got rid of the V-Strom and now I ride a XT1200Z)

Satisfied?
Old 06-08-2011, 12:51 PM   #138
spook120
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 293
Thanks! Very classy. Lucky man. Spook
spook120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:44 PM   #139
red-line
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by red-line View Post
I have noticed that while the helmet is quiet, it's not as quiet as it could be. The neck roll doesn't seem to completely seal off the wind. I probably have a thin neck. If I cover the area with my glove or really hunch my shoulders while riding the wind noise disappears. I'm hoping that the thicker neck roll of the SRC will help in that respect. Can anyone chime in on whether their helmet was quieter after installing the SRC?
Well, I got my SRC yesterday, and can confirm that there is a substantial reduction in wind noise with it. The thicker neck roll did indeed make a difference. The helmet is a little more difficult to put on and off, which Schuberth readily pointed out in the included manual, but overall I am happy with it.

Upon receiving it, I immediately charged it for 4 hours as recommended in the manual, and then upgraded to firmware to the new 3.0 version. I like the ability to program the radio stations via the software; it beats the hell out of trying to program the radio stations manually via the headset. Programming the Q2 radio stations was a nightmare. As already stated, radio reception is quite poor. There is a vast improvement in sound over my previous Scala Q2, especially when playing MP3's over A2DP.

I have noticed that the "voice activated intercom" is not as sensitive as my Scala Q2 was. Where I was able to simply blow on the mike to activate it, I practically have to yell in order to initiate a bike-to-bike connection. I have already gotten some funny looks while sitting at a traffic light.

The buttons are a little hard to find with gloves on, but I'm sure that I'll get used to it over time.

Anyhow, all this to say that if you got a C3 and found it wasn't as quiet as you expected it to be, the SRC system will really help in that respect.

Too Tall,
You are a lucky man. Very classy pics indeed.
red-line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:27 PM   #140
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,395
Wore my Hi vis yellow for the first time this weekend. I ended up also receiving the mark of Schuberth. It really is quite painful.

I have a question about hte SRC....Does anyone know if you can switch out the speakers and use ear plug speakers instead? I just bought some Fuze speakers and they really do a great job of reducing the high pitch wind noise and allowing me to run my MP3 player at lower volumes I would like ot keep using them.
TallRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:07 PM   #141
jdc_va_usmc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 253
Are there any differences between the C3s for sale in the US versus those imported from Germany (other than a DOT sticker)? Curious with respect to not only design but also warranty/customer support, etc. Same with SRC; any differences? I assume they all come with the same manual in multiple languages, yes?

Thanks,
JDC

"Long live the United States, and success to the Marines!"

jdc_va_usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:05 PM   #142
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

Yes, DOT made them add another layer of what ever the shell is made of so the shell didnt flex so much in a crash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc_va_usmc View Post
Are there any differences between the C3s for sale in the US versus those imported from Germany (other than a DOT sticker)? Curious with respect to not only design but also warranty/customer support, etc. Same with SRC; any differences? I assume they all come with the same manual in multiple languages, yes?

Thanks,
JDC
Old 07-13-2011, 05:45 PM   #143
Bobonli
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Is there away to adjust the chin section of the C3; the section that wraps around under your chin? Not the peel away velcro wind curtain, but the actual chin cup?

It looks to me like there's something in the chin section that would permit it to drop down a little. Mine is so damn tight against my chin/jaw, I can barley yawn or whistle!

My XL is leaving the same forehead mark, is tight across the brow and the cheek pads are snug. My head "size" is well within the XL range and the XXL I tried on was clearly too big. When I tried the XL on in the shop, there's no way the chin section was so tight against my chin, so I'm hoping there's some way to let it down a bit.

Which brings me to my next question: When do you throw in the towel, admit it doesn't fit comfortably and that your head is the wrong Shape for the helmet? I'm about 9-10 30min rides into the break in process. Much longer than 30min and I have to stop and take it off and let blood circulate to my forehead.

My previous helmet was a lower-end brand, and is way too loose now, but I remember it being comfy after about 5 rides. So I know that "proper fit" might be a lot snugger than what I'm accustomed to.

And what do you do with a $700 helmet that's four weeks out of the shop when you realize it's not working out?
Bobonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:32 PM   #144
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

I know that one one side of the chin strap has and adjustment which makes a big difference. that might help
Old 07-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #145
Bobonli
Gnarly Adventurer

Yup. I'm aware of the ability to adjust chin strap. That's not the issue it's the wind blocker molded into the chin area.

So aside from contacting Schuberth and having them tell me to be patient, what's my next step?? Is their a market for helmets that have be worn only a few times?
Old 07-14-2011, 04:32 PM   #146
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

Im wondering if its possible to stretch the material to make it weaker and more flexible. thus, more comfortable for you.

So aside from contacting Schuberth and having them tell me to be patient, what's my next step?? Is their a market for helmets that have be worn only a few times?[/QUOTE]
Old 07-20-2011, 10:26 PM   #147
Apachezulu
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malapple View Post
Would really appreciate photos or detail about this as well.

I have a C3 and really like it... but after about 45 minutes I have the hot-spot problem. I don't actually feel it until quite a bit longer, but the 45 minute point is where it shows up. And stays visible for at least 30 minutes.

Given that long distance riding and commuting is my thing, it means that I cannot really use the lid much.

A couple of other points - I'm happy that a lot of people don't seem to have this problem. But given how many -have- had it, I don't think it's exactly right to dismiss it as a non concern.

Also, it's a bit frustrating as you cannot really discover it until you've worn it far longer than most anyone would when trying them on.

I had the Hot Spot problem with my C3 until recently when I got myself a GI crew cut... Seems to me the amount of turf on my head was the contributing factor.

Now I am not suggesting you go shave your heads, but i imagine your curly hair bunching up at certain spots can cause the pain and tattoos. Any Kojak here with the Hot Spot problems? Just curious !
Apachezulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:30 AM   #148
Bobonli
Gnarly Adventurer

[QUOTE=Apachezulu;16443492 Any Kojak here with the Hot Spot problems? Just curious ! [/QUOTE]

I barely have hair but am not clean shaven or bald. I've got the hot spot. I'm waiting for a call back from Schuberth to see what to do about it and other fit issues.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:50 AM   #149
lhendrik
Truffle Rustler

Oddometer: 2,284
^^ Maybe Schuberth can send you a new melon
Old 07-22-2011, 08:35 PM   #150
Bobonli
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhendrik View Post
^^ Maybe Schuberth can send you a new melon
If only it were that easy!

I spoke with the Schuberth rep today. Delightful chap who suggested I take out the liner components, wash them and then weight them down to compress them. Someone here posted that suggestion. There's no remedy for the chin section being so tight that I cannot open my mouth completely, other than to hope that the compressed padding will allow my noggin to sit deeper in the helmet.

Although I still may sell it and start over, I appreciate the rep's attempt to help. They seem concerned about their customers.