User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2011, 10:01 PM   #151
birdie_xx
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 782
Quote:
They seem concerned about their customers.
Good ! Because the previous importer didn't and the factory reps didn't either...at least in my case
birdie_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:56 AM   #152
CrozB
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 798
I am finding that the clear visor (not the sun visor) is way too loose/sloppy. I have ridden with the helmet only twice, once on a multi-day Death Valley run on my V-Strom, and once on a day long and one on a day long rental on a rented FJR with an adjustable windscreen. Because I am in AZ, I ride a lot with my visor open. However, with the this new helmet I find that if there was any pressure on the visor it SLAMS shut scaring the crap out of me and my Pillion (she hears it over the com).

Obviously I am not able to capture this on a bike, but I did my best to how the difference between the Scorpion and Schuberth visors in this video.

I have not taken any action but this is a deal killer if I can not get it resolved

-
Old 07-28-2011, 09:16 AM   #153
GS Addict
Pepperfool

Oddometer: 3,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrozB View Post
I am finding that the clear visor (not the sun visor) is way too loose/sloppy. I have ridden with the helmet only twice, once on a multi-day Death Valley run on my V-Strom, and once on a day long and one on a day long rental on a rented FJR with an adjustable windscreen. Because I am in AZ, I ride a lot with my visor open. However, with the this new helmet I find that if there was any pressure on the visor it SLAMS shut scaring the crap out of me and my Pillion (she hears it over the com).

Obviously I am not able to capture this on a bike, but I did my best to how the difference between the Scorpion and Schuberth visors in this video.

I have not taken any action but this is a deal killer if I can not get it resolved

-
I have had the same issue at higher speeds on my 1150GS / Z Technic Screen.
My solution has been to close before hitting higher speeds.
Not what I would expect from a Shuberth but I guess I have to live with it.

On the + side..........I really like how mine finally fits!
Old 07-29-2011, 12:50 PM   #154
CrozB
Studly Adventurer

Faceshield slams shut by design???

Revzilla says: Hi Dave,
This is unfortunately a complaint we have heard before from Schuberth customers. According to Schuberth, the faceshield is designed to close at speed for safety reasons... Sorry I can't be of more assistance! Let me know if you have any other questions.
Regards,
Old 07-29-2011, 05:01 PM   #155
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,892
Quote:
Revzilla says: Hi Dave,
This is unfortunately a complaint we have heard before from Schuberth customers. According to Schuberth, the faceshield is designed to close at speed for safety reasons... Sorry I can't be of more assistance! Let me know if you have any other questions.
Regards,

The face shield on the Arai XD/XD3 is designed to do the same thing.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:45 PM   #156
dwas4rs
No Time!

Oddometer: 6
I've had my C3 now for a couple of weeks and I'm really impressed with it so far. I went from a Xl Shoei RF 1000 to a XXl in the Schuberth. The first time I put it on I had this strange sensation of having my head totally cut off from the outside world. I did not experience any hot spots or "the mark of Schuberth'. I installed the SRC system [which was easy] so I can't attest to the difference between the neck rolls although during the install, the SRC roll did fell more ridged when compared to the original when off the helmet.
Here are few other observations I have, take them for what they are worth;
-The helmet is as light and quiet as advertised. My Shoei now feels huge and is much louder [I always ride with ear plugs].
-As a consequence of the above, the ventilation is just okay when compared to the RF1000.
-The fit and finish is superb.
-I now appreciate the convenience of a flip up helmet, as well as not always riding with a tinted shield. Both functions work great.
-The visor does suffer from weak detents which can be annoying in certain situations. I guess I buy the safety thing.
-Get the Hi-Viz colour! You will be amazed at the reactions from other drivers, and even non drivers. It may look strange but it works!
-The SRC system works really well, though this is the first time I have used a system like this in a helmet. Installation and syncing were easy. I did not have an issue with the buttons whine wearing gloves. The system is loud enough to ride with ear plugs. I followed the advice from everybody and activated the system ounce I was underway . It was neat listening to the volume go down as you pulled to a stop.
-It is expensive. Is it better? You will have to be the judge.
Thanks for your time,

Don

p.s. Anyone looking for these helmets in the Toronto On. area should see John at Riders Choice. As always, he's the best!
dwas4rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:15 PM   #157
CrozB
Studly Adventurer

C3 MOD for Weak Face Sheild

OK so I was all ready to sell my C3 because of the face shield slamming shut at speed. However after racking my brain on how I could change it without ruining the helmet I came up with this:

The white disk you see are the foam pads that come in a CD/DVD spindle. Adding one to each side seems to have added just the amount of resistance to make it comparable to other helmets. Furthermore it does not seem to effect the water tight seal on the visor when in the completely closed position. My bike is in the shop so I have not taken this on a real road trip test, but I am happy enough with this solution to keep me from selling this helmet.

Cost of the MOD is free if you ever buy blank DVDs.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:52 PM   #158
CalypsoArt
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
OK so I was all ready to sell my C3 because of the face shield slamming shut at speed. However after racking my brain on how I could change it without ruining the helmet I came up with this:

The white disk you see are the foam pads that come in a CD/DVD spindle. Adding one to each side seems to have added just the amount of resistance to make it comparable to other helmets. Furthermore it does not seem to effect the water tight seal on the visor when in the completely closed position. My bike is in the shop so I have not taken this on a real road trip test, but I am happy enough with this solution to keep me from selling this helmet.

Cost of the MOD is free if you ever buy blank DVDs.
I came to this thread in search of info on the C3 carbon. Wow! Installing foam from a CD package on a $500+ helmet to fix it. At the price of the Shurbeth, it should at least come with optional German made foam disks. Then you can chose whether you want the visor to close easily or not. I think I may hold off on the purchase.
CalypsoArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:15 AM   #159
GHanson
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Some of you people are beyond belief...
GHanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:49 AM   #160
lhendrik
Truffle Rustler

Oddometer: 2,261
I left home last week for 3000 mile ride with my new C3. Got 80 miles and the pain from the "Mark of Schuberth" issue, which I thought I had addressed with styrofoam bashing and cutting, getting a new inner liner with softer reinforcement material, and gluing a piece of foam in the affected area all conspired to get me to switch helmets early to avoid the pain. Luckily I had a storage space on my route, and was able to swap for my Arai XD3. As you may have read, this pain sometimes takes 1 1/2 hours to emerge, very frustrating when trying on helmet.

I like many of the features. My shield does not slam down (riding either the K1200GT (aeroflow) or the GSA (stock) windshields, I'm 5-10"). I like the ability to open the face to talk to police and put on glasses, drink beer (!), etc.

I love the sunvisor. The helmet was appreciably quieter than my XD3, but not quieter than Arai Profile or Shoei. All the other helmets are more comfortable on MY head than the C3.

Conclusion: I bought the wrong helmet for a lot of $$$. Since I have "customized" it, I will have to eat it. Tough on me for getting caught up in the C3-mania. I have learned.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:56 AM   #161
waddyp
Quite Content

Oddometer: 474
I've had my C3 for three years and 35k miles now (bought it from UK), and its far and away the best helmet I've worn in 47 years of riding. Its the lightest, quietest, most comfortable and best featured of any BMW (Schuberth), Arai, Shoei, or misc. others that I've owned. I must have a 'perfect' head....
waddyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:05 AM   #162
Bobonli
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
[QUOTE=lhendrik;16624027
Conclusion: I bought the wrong helmet for a lot of $$$. Since I have "customized" it, I will have to eat it. Tough on me for getting caught up in the C3-mania. I have learned.[/QUOTE]

Yup, me too. Luckily I resisted the temptation to modify it since I suspected from day one that I'd need to sell it. It's the most regrettable purchase I've made in 5 years and I say that because--for some of us--you dont realize it doesn't fit properly until 5 or six rides into ownership and by then it's too late to return it.
Bobonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:18 AM   #163
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,395
After 3 months I still get the Mark of Schuberth. Which is embarrashing because it vaguely looks like someone's been resting their dick on my forehead...........I hate to look like I was teabagged.......I have to figure something out other than immediatly putting a hat on after I remove this helmet.
TallRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:42 PM   #164
lhendrik
Truffle Rustler

Oddometer: 2,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallRob View Post
After 3 months I still get the Mark of Schuberth. Which is embarrashing because it vaguely looks like someone's been resting their dick on my forehead...........I hate to look like I was teabagged.......I have to figure something out other than immediatly putting a hat on after I remove this helmet.
Glad we could be here for you as you wrestle with this identity crisis. Hope you work it out, no matter which team you play for.
P.S. I'm pretty sure that Schuberth is German for Tea-bagged Dickhead Mark.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:39 PM   #165
GS Addict
Pepperfool

Oddometer: 3,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhendrik View Post
Glad we could be here for you as you wrestle with this identity crisis. Hope you work it out, no matter which team you play for.
P.S. I'm pretty sure that Schuberth is German for Tea-bagged Dickhead Mark.
OK this is going a step further........BTW: I love mine.

So
Could
He
Uncover &
Brazenly
Expose his
Rounded
Teabag
Head?

Sorry I couldn't resist.

GS Addict screwed with this post 08-14-2011 at 09:07 PM
GS Addict is offline   Reply With Quote