User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2012, 04:54 AM   #226
Britome
Get Free

Oddometer: 1,065
leaking pinlock and now lost pin

In a recent rainstorm, water got inside the pinlock. I had to take the inner shield off and wipe out the moisture. Afterward, I could get the seal right. No matter what I did there was a gap. Then one of the pins fell our and it whistles. Then, I contacted Schuberth and haven't heard anything for 5 days.

Can anyone shed some light or offer help? Thx.
Britome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:46 AM   #227
lakota
Geeser

Oddometer: 2,921
in the rain you've got to be careful not to get water inside the pinlock or you will live in a world of fog. I had the same problem and took the helmet back to the dealer and he replaced the pinlock no cost.
IBA #42016

my ride reports

follow my ride

lakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:58 AM   #228
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,892
I'm picking up a new, black, C3 World tomorrow afternoon and I'm a little torn on the sizing.

I tried on a large and it's fairly snug, not uncomfortably so, but snug. I would think that it would be perfect given some time to break in. The only problem is the chinbar/buckle problem. I close the chinbar and it forces the buckle into my throat. Ugh.

I tried on an XL and while it's not as snug as the large, the gentleman helping me and the Schuberth rep said it wasn't a bad fit. The chinbar/buckle issue isn't so bad with this one. While I think this is probably the way to go, I'm just concerned about it getting too loose after it spends some time on my noggin.

My head measures a consistent 58cm and I always wear a SweatVac Skull Cap (keeps my helmets from getting all smelly), but my helmet size is kind of all over the place.
Arai XD3 - XL
Scorpion EXO-1000 - XL ( I sold this one a while back. )
Arai QuantumII - Large
Shoei Multitec - Large

I'm wondering if I should get the large and just figure out how to make the buckle thingy work or get the XL and get in touch with Schuberth and see about getting a thicker liner?

Any guidance on this?

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Xeraux screwed with this post 05-07-2012 at 12:20 PM
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:51 PM   #229
Panicfishwater
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
I'm picking up a new, black, C3 World
same one i got.....love it!! i got the XL, but the sizing was perfect for me.... great helmet.
Panicfishwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #230
Xeraux
Archvillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeraux View Post
...or get the XL and get in touch with Schuberth and see about getting a thicker liner?
From Schuberth: (Bold type added for emphasis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schuberth North America
...there is no way to size down the XL. Our sizing structure uses three components to determine the final size, and not all of them are universally interchangeable. Had you gone with the XL, you’d be repeatedly replacing the same original type liner to try and get it to tighten back up. The other side of that of that coin is that there is no way to size up the LG. This means that there isn’t a pad set that will give you the extra space in the chin area that you’re looking for. As the helmet settles in, though, you’ll notice that your head will sit “deeper” into the helmet, and this will help the overall fit.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #231
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oh! And via a conversation I had with a Schuberth rep this weekend, tinted visors are coming.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:40 PM   #232
spyder3
n00b

Oddometer: 2
I had the forehead issues also with my L C3. The liner on the S2 fits inside the helmet the same and eliminates the forehead mark & headaches. Glad i saved my investment.
spyder3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:10 AM   #233
macadamia
XK Red 27 Technique

Oddometer: 1,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeraux View Post
I'm picking up a new, black, C3 World tomorrow afternoon and I'm a little torn on the sizing.

I tried on a large and it's fairly snug, not uncomfortably so, but snug. I would think that it would be perfect given some time to break in. The only problem is the chinbar/buckle problem. I close the chinbar and it forces the buckle into my throat. Ugh.

I tried on an XL and while it's not as snug as the large, the gentleman helping me and the Schuberth rep said it wasn't a bad fit. The chinbar/buckle issue isn't so bad with this one. While I think this is probably the way to go, I'm just concerned about it getting too loose after it spends some time on my noggin.

My head measures a consistent 58cm and I always wear a SweatVac Skull Cap (keeps my helmets from getting all smelly), but my helmet size is kind of all over the place.
Arai XD3 - XL
Scorpion EXO-1000 - XL ( I sold this one a while back. )
Arai QuantumII - Large
Shoei Multitec - Large

I'm wondering if I should get the large and just figure out how to make the buckle thingy work or get the XL and get in touch with Schuberth and see about getting a thicker liner?

Any guidance on this?
Because it is a modular helmet (flip-up), the chin bar to chin strap distance is different than a regular full face helmet. I had the same issue when I transitioned from a Shoei X-12 to the C-3. It took a few days to get used to it, but now I don't even notice it. I've had my helmet since December. Sadly, there is nothing that can be done about the position of the chin strap, with the exception of lengthing it a bit which may help a little. YMMV
Old 05-09-2012, 05:48 AM   #234
Xeraux
Archvillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by macadamia View Post
Because it is a modular helmet (flip-up), the chin bar to chin strap distance is different than a regular full face helmet. I had the same issue when I transitioned from a Shoei X-12 to the C-3. It took a few days to get used to it, but now I don't even notice it. I've had my helmet since December. Sadly, there is nothing that can be done about the position of the chin strap, with the exception of lengthing it a bit which may help a little. YMMV

I ended up picking up an XL. The XL was a little more snug than I remember when I initially tried it on, giving it plenty of room for it to "break in" a little and still retain plenty of pressure against my head. Plus, the larger shell put the strap/buckle in a little better position in relation to my throat.

I was really surprised to find out that the huge-looking Schuberth C3 is lighter than my Shoei Multitec.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:05 AM   #235
jdc_va_usmc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by macadamia View Post
... Sadly, there is nothing that can be done about the position of the chin strap, with the exception of lengthing it a bit which may help a little. YMMV
It seems counterintuitive, but I found that tightening the strap actually helps get the buckle up and forward a bit, away from my throat.

It really takes some time to figure out the best position for the buckle, and I still find that I have to put the helmet and buckle on just right for it not to annoy my throat.

"Long live the United States, and success to the Marines!"

jdc_va_usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:11 AM   #236
enkil
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 153
Loved the C3.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:53 AM   #237
Xeraux
Archvillain

Old 07-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #238
TimeTo Ride
ALLAN

Oddometer: 17
Solved my visor problem and am keeping the helmet.

Bought my C3 in May, sent it away for warranty work in June (sun visor was stuck), put a few miles on it and could not live with the visor always coming down. It would flip down completely or half way without notice due to the buffeting behind a stock windscreen on a 1200 GS. Went on a 5000km trip in June/July and left it at home, I want the visor up unless it is raining.
I've put a 1" O-ring between the visor and the attachment point and it all seems good, on the GS anyway, not sure about speed on a naked bike. The o-ring is just a little large for the circle and goes around the two detent tabs on the visor which keeps it in place while you put the visor on.
Like the helmet, feels good, large size, no mark of Shuberth, sun shade is nice (vibes a bit but have tuned that out), some electric tape on the bottom of the visor works like a ball cap when up and will by another for my wife along with the radios.
Al
TimeTo Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #239
nitrox32
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
I just picked up the matte black helmet. I also like to ride with the visor up, with my XD3 that was no problem but with the schuerth the visor keep slamming shut. I will have to try the o-ring to see if that helps
Old 07-18-2012, 12:19 AM   #240
Motodisiac
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,473
Just so you guys know, famous and notorious Schuberth mark is no longer an issue. It turns out liner from new S2 fits right in C3 and completely eliminates any comfort issues. The improvement is unbelievable - poor fitting C3 goes from torture device to Cadillac. Even those who don't have any fit issues will notice better level of comfort. My C3 was OK before I swapped the liner but now it's my favorite helmet ever.

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote