User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2011, 02:43 PM   #31
Pindon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
I considered the C3...

I wear glasses and I thought a modular helmet would be the best choice for me. I researched it a little more and found the SHARP ratings for modular helmets and went with a Shoei RF 1100.

Best regards,

Paul H.
Pindon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:33 PM   #32
Traveling Man OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyturn View Post
I like this helmet a lot but I too am having the pressure point at the top of my forehead. Really gives me a headache too. I took a spoon to put a little dip in the foam but that is not working. The liner in the helmet has a seam and bulge right there and leave a big ole mark on my forehead when I take it off. I hope I can get this worked out and not have to sell the thing.

It is quiet. I stood up on some dirt last weekend and got out from behind the shield and it was totally quiet and I didn't feel the wind like with my Scorpion 900.
The Shuberth rep recommended that I continue to wear the helmet that it would improve. I took his advice and after about 1500 miles of riding it started getting better. I tried on a helmet that had been used for 6 months and there was a big difference in the fit even though it was the same size. The used helmet was considerably less snug, not quite loose but a big difference from new.

Give the US rep a call. There is a tech guy that will help figure out what might help. The customer support I have experienced has been top notch. They are genuinely concerned about your experience and will do everything to make it work for you. Good luck!

2011 R1200GSA
2006 Harley Road Glide
Traveling Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:29 AM   #33
Iron Rey
Oh shit, not him!

Oddometer: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling Man View Post
The Shuberth rep recommended that I continue to wear the helmet that it would improve. I took his advice and after about 1500 miles of riding it started getting better. I tried on a helmet that had been used for 6 months and there was a big difference in the fit even though it was the same size. The used helmet was considerably less snug, not quite loose but a big difference from new.

Give the US rep a call. There is a tech guy that will help figure out what might help. The customer support I have experienced has been top notch. They are genuinely concerned about your experience and will do everything to make it work for you. Good luck!
I would really hate to use my head for a template for 1500 miles...I wonder how widespread this issue is or if it affects mainly one headshape or the other.
1981 CB900C
I'm not a glass half empty or full guy, I am just happy to have the damn glass!
Iron Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:03 PM   #34
Be Rad The Fish
Movin' Out.

Oddometer: 72
Closing the

I've had my C3 with SRC for about a week now. I do find it to be a great helmet for all of the reasons already mentioned. Couple questions, I couldn't find anything on these after searching:

1. Does anyone else have trouble closing the 'flip up' portion? I have to use both hands on both sides and really pull hard. It seems like the soft material gets in the way.

2. Does anyone else pair the Zumo 550 with a SRC and iPhone 4 simultaneously? Is there a certain order to follow, such as pair the Zumo and phone first then the SRC? I've gotten it to work, but it's inconsistent.

Thanks!

Fish

Past: '81 Kawasaki 440LTD, '00 Suzuki Bandit 1200S, '00 Harley Davidson FLHTCI, '03 Harley Davidson FLHRCI, 2007 KLR 650, 2008 BMW GS ADV, 2011 Ducati Multistrada S Touring.
Be Rad The Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:12 PM   #35
Emperor Norton
Kilroy was here

Oddometer: 1,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Rad The Fish View Post
I've had my C3 with SRC for about a week now. I do find it to be a great helmet for all of the reasons already mentioned. Couple questions, I couldn't find anything on these after searching:

1. Does anyone else have trouble closing the 'flip up' portion? I have to use both hands on both sides and really pull hard. It seems like the soft material gets in the way.

2. Does anyone else pair the Zumo 550 with a SRC and iPhone 4 simultaneously? Is there a certain order to follow, such as pair the Zumo and phone first then the SRC? I've gotten it to work, but it's inconsistent.

Thanks!

Fish
1. No problems with latching the flip up portion (after countless adjustments the pinlock shield is still another matter)

2. I'm not sure if the 550 is the same as the 660 but I paired my iPhone to the GPS first (as phone) then the helmet to the GPS (as audio). So far aside from the MP3 streaming issue (I *think* patched in 2.20) everything on the electronics side has worked as advertised.
Emperor Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:25 AM   #36
Traveling Man OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Rey View Post
I would really hate to use my head for a template for 1500 miles...I wonder how widespread this issue is or if it affects mainly one headshape or the other.
I get the impression it is fairly common. Kind of like what they say about Corbin and other seats. It takes awhile to break them in. I am glad I gave it a chance to work, the helmet is very comfortable now and easily the best I have ever owned.

2011 R1200GSA
2006 Harley Road Glide
Old 03-25-2011, 08:37 AM   #37
cliffy109
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,625
I wish my C3 were as quiet as I see discussed here. Mine is pretty loud. Its not as bad as my old Nolan, but a lot louder than the RF1100 I sold. The Pinlock isn't perfect either. It will fog and doesn't clear very fast, even if you flip up the shield.

I'm not about the get rid of it though. these are minor things when taken with the rest of the package. I love the fit. I have no fit issues. I love the sun shade. I love the overall quality. Its a remarkable helmet, but its not as quiet as I thought it would be and the Pinlock could be better.
cliffy109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #38
Traveling Man OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffy109 View Post
I wish my C3 were as quiet as I see discussed here. Mine is pretty loud. Its not as bad as my old Nolan, but a lot louder than the RF1100 I sold. The Pinlock isn't perfect either. It will fog and doesn't clear very fast, even if you flip up the shield.

I'm not about the get rid of it though. these are minor things when taken with the rest of the package. I love the fit. I have no fit issues. I love the sun shade. I love the overall quality. Its a remarkable helmet, but its not as quiet as I thought it would be and the Pinlock could be better.
I was disappointed at first with the noise level on my first ride. I was playing around with the vents and noticed that when I closed the vent on the chin the helmeted became much quieter. If I open and close that vent while riding there is a big difference in noise. Sounds simple but you might give it a try.

2011 R1200GSA
2006 Harley Road Glide
Old 03-25-2011, 12:49 PM   #39
Be Rad The Fish
Movin' Out.

Oddometer: 72
I'll register my opinion on the fit - getting better each time. It was very uncomfortable at first, I thought is was the wrong shape for my head (Arai oval). I'm coming from an RX7. In about a few more weeks I think it will be broken in.

Past: '81 Kawasaki 440LTD, '00 Suzuki Bandit 1200S, '00 Harley Davidson FLHTCI, '03 Harley Davidson FLHRCI, 2007 KLR 650, 2008 BMW GS ADV, 2011 Ducati Multistrada S Touring.
Be Rad The Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:46 PM   #40
Trophy Mike
w/extreme prejudice

Oddometer: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffy109 View Post
The Pinlock isn't perfect either. It will fog and doesn't clear very fast, even if you flip up the shield.
There may be a problem with how your pinlock is set-up. If it's loose or the seal is not intact it will fog like any standard shield. By all means take it to your dealer, preferably while the weather is still cold, for an inspection. And have them do it outside.

Schuberth Sale for ADVriders
trophycycleapparel.com - America's #1 Non-REV'IT! Dealer - Rukka Gear Discussion/FAQ
Trophy Mike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:15 AM   #41
highermath
code wrangler

Oddometer: 286
Yes and yes.

It is a much different fit than the older Schuberths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4d View Post
anyone with a 'round' arai profile head own a schuberth c3?

how does it fit?
Old 03-28-2011, 09:24 AM   #42
Sanders
Stogiesuckingsinglemalter

Oddometer: 661
I really want one of these. Expense is keeping me at bay (for the moment), plus I have always ridden with the shield up 25+ years or more, so I don't know if I really need Uber-Quiet (be nice to have) Whats really holding me back is my oval, lumpy, first through the chute deformed head. The only helmet I ever loved is the Arai Signet in XL 11 years and still looking and feeling good. Starting to wear out the liner in spots.
I'll probably go test ride a Schuberth as soon as the weather improves here.
I ought to sell my Black Diamond Vista 3 to defray costs, hmmmm. Sometimes typing instead of just reading, makes things go "CLICK"

Last edited by Temporal Security Agency: 8-25-2026 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Deleted unlawful reference to future history
Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:06 AM   #43
BasicPeter
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Schuberth C3

Make it a reflex action to secure your helmet. I use a plastic-coated wire spiral with two loops and a small combination padlock which live on the handlebar, but I usually put the helmet on the seat and attach it to the bike. Several times I have seen people trying to take it, and quickly putting it back, and looking around. Anything that deters the opertunist thief is good enough.
I am in the market for a new helmet, so I was very happy to find your post, and all the follow ups. I previously used a Schuberth Concept, and have little to complain about, so I am shopping around before the snow melts.
Riding above 50 km with the chinpiece up is not a good idea, learn how to close with your left hand, and I often ride in urban areas with the visor one click open for ventilation.
Safe travels
Peter, in Oslo
BasicPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:32 AM   #44
Britome
Get Free

Oddometer: 1,098
Exo9000 and Cardo G4

I have the scorpion modular i didnt realize how big it looked on my head until i saw my son with it on. One of my concerns with an upgrade is the lovation of the sun visor control.

I just bought a newcardo g4 and I'm concerned that the mounting location would interfere with the visor. Any insight to offer?
Britome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:02 PM   #45
Traveling Man OP
Adventurer

The sun visor sliding control is in the way. I doubt that you could mount the Scala because of that and it would be difficult to get the mike up inside to your mouth. The C3 seals off the area below your chin which is what makes it quiet. You would have no place to put the boom mic.

2011 R1200GSA
2006 Harley Road Glide