User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2011, 09:54 AM   #121
txrider2
Hug the road

Oddometer: 162
Left Speaker

My left speaker went out on a few rides as well, but turning the SRC OFF and the back ON again fixed the issue. Very annoying with only one speaker operative. Recently I've been using the SRC on a 2,500 mile trip without any malfunctioning. Love the system, I like the GPS directions - but wish the bass would be better, the volume would go up more and the radio reception can be improved. I wear earplugs (custom mold) at all times.
txrider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:39 AM   #122
Britome
Get Free

Oddometer: 1,035
Cardo g4 vs c3

My left speaker goes out occasionally on my cardo g4 as well. I've been following this thread to be tempted to upgrade. I guess on of my reasons just got negated.
Britome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:17 AM   #123
GHanson
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by txrider2 View Post
My left speaker went out on a few rides as well, but turning the SRC OFF and the back ON again fixed the issue. Very annoying with only one speaker operative. Recently I've been using the SRC on a 2,500 mile trip without any malfunctioning. Love the system, I like the GPS directions - but wish the bass would be better, the volume would go up more and the radio reception can be improved. I wear earplugs (custom mold) at all times.

Try turning on the SRC after you're underway on the bike. The VOX and AGC functions seem to take one sample of ambient noise when you turn it on, so if you turn on the SRC before starting the engine the SRC sound levels will be lower.

I cribbed this info from the Scala G4 discussion and tried it out. It worked.
GHanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 04:39 PM   #124
Jaqen H'ghar
Valar Morgoulis

Oddometer: 196
C3

Bought my C3 a couple of months ago and could not be any happier. Fit is excellent and quality is excellent. Best helmut I have ever owned and I have been riding for 35 years. Num

2014 R1200 RT
Jaqen H'ghar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:56 AM   #125
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Oddometer: 1,668
Just thought I'd chime it here with my experiences. I've had it for about 5 months now. First, I had to do the spoon thing to get the liner to fit. I ended up doing it in the back at the base. It was actually tight there, and putting pressure there, and on my forehead. Second, on my bikes, it's noisier than my XD3. It seems to be much more sensitive to turbulent air. I can't tuck in behind my really small windscreens to test, but if I stand up, all is well. Very quiet when out of the turbulent air. Much quieter than the XD3 in non turbulent air. I'm not looking for a very short, or taller windscreen. Third, it's not very good as a dual sport helmet in the wet. There is no way to completely close the front vent. As a result, some water/mud always gets in. It's too nice a helmet anyway for anything not a road. Finally, I think they're too plain. I striped my white one with some colored reflective tape, but I think it needs more. Not sure what to add to it next.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:12 PM   #126
red-line
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Following up my earlier post...

I've had the helmet now for about 5 days and have logged close to 600 miles on it.

I'm lucky that I seem to have a schuberth-type head. I have not experienced any forehead hot spots... the helmet fits like a glove. The ventilation is absolutely fabulous! Even better than my previous Shoei X11 and X12! :)

I have noticed that while the helmet is quiet, it's not as quiet as it could be. The neck roll doesn't seem to completely seal off the wind. I probably have a thin neck. If I cover the area with my glove or really hunch my shoulders while riding the wind noise disappears. I'm hoping that the thicker neck roll of the SRC will help in that respect. Can anyone chime in on whether their helmet was quieter after installing the SRC?

Otherwise I will be looking into adding material to that section to further seal it. Anyone tried that?
red-line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:12 AM   #127
ggrjr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 954
I have aquestion for everyone using their C3 with a Zumo 550. Does teh bluetooth communicate in stereo, or is a stereo tongle necessary for teh 550?

2005 DL 1000
93 VFR
ggrjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:10 PM   #128
lhendrik
Truffle Rustler

Oddometer: 2,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrjr View Post
I have aquestion for everyone using their C3 with a Zumo 550. Does teh bluetooth communicate in stereo, or is a stereo tongle necessary for teh 550?
You need a dongle to get stereo bluetooth on the 550. I use WiRevo D1000. There are others.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:10 PM   #129
DGraham
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 238
Noggin fits great but

Apparently I have an adam's apple... I read this thread with much interest and am surprised nobody had the same problem as me, which is the ratcheting clasp choking me right at the top of my Adams apple when I look downward to any degree. Love the helmet and if it had d-rings I would have it. Just me??
DGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:24 AM   #130
LeeMan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
1000 mile review

After 1000 miles I still like the C3 but have realized a couple of things - it's expensive and it's hot. As compared to my Nolan N102 I knew the C3 was expensive but thought it would be worth it and it sortta is. But it's a hot helmet! The padding around the neck and chin curtain (which is removable) are great for keeping the wind and noise out but there is very little air circulation to kool my neck. Also, I love the sun visor, but the sun/heat gets past the visor and into the helmet and then the sun visor blocks it while my Nolan blocks the sun on the outside of the helmet before it gets in.

Compared to my Nolan N102 the C3 is a little quieter, a little lighter and fits a little better ( I still get the mark of Zorro on my forehead) but the Nolan was $500 less. I guess I'll wear the Nolan in the summer and the C3 in the Fall & Spring.

LeeMan screwed with this post 06-08-2011 at 10:37 AM
LeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:23 AM   #131
Too_Tall
The Belgian

Oddometer: 550
If the heat is bothering you, just remove the chin curtain. Rips right out (velcro).
Old 06-08-2011, 06:33 AM   #132
red-line
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too_Tall View Post
If the heat is bothering you, just remove the chin curtain. Rips right out (velcro).
Have you noticed a substantial increase in noise by doing so?
red-line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:47 AM   #133
Too_Tall
The Belgian

Oddometer: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by red-line View Post
I live in Belgium, we practically patented "low temperatures for this time of year, with a high chance of a small splatter of rain in the afternoon"

My GF ripped it out of her helmet (we both have C3's) She never used it with the piece installed. She gets hot really quick.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:40 AM   #134
LeeMan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Quote:
Ir probably depends on if you have a fairing/large windshield or not - I have a Laminar Lip on the GSA windshield so I get very little wind and I can't tell any difference in wind noise with or without the chin curtain. Would prolly put the chin curtain back in during the colder months.
LeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:53 AM   #135
Motodisiac
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,462
Did not make the slightest difference for me.

D.

Quote:

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote