Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2012, 12:17 AM   #481
cobrags
Lost ADVR

Oddometer: 656
Thanks Pool!
In on batch being made!
Thanks.

Of all the roads you take, Make sure a few of them are dirt.
cobrags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:26 AM   #482
WeazyBuddha
Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer: 4,388
PS, hope you PM or email those of us with airs when you start taking orders for the cool. I'm going to unsubscribe to this thread since it looks like energy will continue to be focused on the air into the foreseeable future.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:17 AM   #483
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeazyBuddha View Post

PS, hope you PM or email those of us with airs when you start taking orders for the [IICE] Cool. I'm going to unsubscribe to this thread since it looks like energy will continue to be focused on the [IICE] Air into the foreseeable future.
Yes WB, if you purchased an Air, you'll get a notification email about the IICE Cool and IICE Smooth sent
to your PayPal email address. I am sure that JJ will have a field day with the group mailing email tool.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:39 AM   #484
Poolside OP
Syndicated

What's going on at the IICE factory?

Assembly report.

I almost finished the current batch, it should be in the epoxy on Thursday.
With the current hot weather, the 2 cure times will be 36 hours or less.

Parts are arriving for the upcoming batches.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 08-15-2012, 09:01 PM   #485
BenFongTorres
Banned

Oddometer: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWzenrider View Post
06-26-2012, 06:48 AM

It is a good thing that I didn't postpone the start of my trip waiting...
Your reply above was just over 6 weeks ago, and now you are saying (Even while the shipping schedule post still says they would be done over this last weekend...) is that they will finally be getting potted later this week and shipping... ...when???

Now I am wondering if it is worth bothering to wait on you before I do the scheduled maintenance on the rig after my 6,500 mile round trip?
(I will need to have the tupperware off the bike to get to the connection on my RT, and will have it off for the maintenance.)
Or should I just go ahead and do the maintenance, and worry about installing this at some far distant future date when I eventually get them???

It would appear I am not the only 'high maintenance' (PS's description of me to me in a PM), customer that wants what he pays for in a timely fashion. Get used to it Zenrider. Better start practicing that Zen technique now.

This operation's fine print - "money up front, product sent when we get around to it."

Explain this away with whatever BS reply you want to Poolside. Scrolling back through this thread there are several patronizing, borderline sarcastic answers you provide your paying customers to choose from. Bottom line, in the USA in 2012 people want what they pay for when they pay for it...AND they want customer service. Deal with it or get out of selling stuff.

BenFongTorres screwed with this post 08-15-2012 at 09:08 PM
BenFongTorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:06 PM   #486
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

Oddometer: 15,567
If I weren't a nice guy I would let you in on the secret, one that everybody knew (except a few of you) BEFORE they purchased their 'custom build to order' product.

Hint, instant gratification is a social disease.

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
johnjen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #487
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denial9xs View Post

Explain this away with whatever BS reply you want to Poolside.

Scrolling back through this thread there are several patronizing, borderline sarcastic answers you provide your paying customers to choose from.
Quote:

Perfect [, JJ]. Exactly the kind of smarmy answer I have come to expect from this team.
If you buy one now, you won't be waiting as long.

- You got the characters right, Denial9. He's smarmy, and I'm sarcastic.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #488
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
In other words...

Go pound sand...you'll get your item when I get around to it.

How much overhead you have in these things anyway? Would it really be that big of deal to fabricate like a gazillion of them and have them in stock?

A better business model:
  1. Fabricate small amounts of doohickeys at the start to test the market and determine sales volume
  2. Once regular and consistent sales have begun fabricate LOT's of doohickeys
  3. Store said doohickeys in a safe place
  4. Market and advertise doohickeys as completed and ready for purchase
  5. Watch the orders/money roll in and get ready to hear how satisfied your customers are in the excellent product and the quick ship time you provide.
Or...continue to do it your way. Trample on your customers legitimate desire to receive something in an efficient and timely fashion for which they put out their hard-earned wages (hardly what I would call a social malady of instant gratification. Sounds more like just regular capitalism...the exchange of goods and services.)

You guys suck. Hope you received that with a smile too.
I have an idea.

If you buy another one today, I'll follow up by refunding your original purchase.
That should reset your internal waiting period, and might bring you some relief.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #489
DriftDragon
Wanderer

Oddometer: 198
Actually at this point you guys should look into having someone else handle production. Probably way cheaper than you realize. There are many companies that produce good quality low volume runs of products like these and once they get tooled up can do production runs periodically on demand. Some will even hold them and ship direct for you.

Your product is clearly viable... in fact you could probably find someone to distribute and produce them and just give you a percent of each sale. That way you can focus on product improvements and R&D on other products.

One thing you do need is a decent web site and application to automate managing the updates on progress and documentation and marketing material, etc... If you need someone to handle that for you PM me... I can help there!

2003 KTM 525 EXC RFS
DriftDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #490
caljw
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 372
Quote:
In other words...

Go pound sand...you'll get your item when I get around to it.

How much overhead you have in these things anyway? Would it really be that big of deal to fabricate like a gazillion of them and have them in stock?

A better business model:
  1. Fabricate small amounts of doohickeys at the start to test the market and determine sales volume
  2. Once regular and consistent sales have begun fabricate LOT's of doohickeys
  3. Store said doohickeys in a safe place
  4. Market and advertise doohickeys as completed and ready for purchase
  5. Watch the orders/money roll in and get ready to hear how satisfied your customers are in the excellent product and the quick ship time you provide.
Or...continue to do it your way. Trample on your customers legitimate desire to receive something in an efficient and timely fashion for which they put out their hard-earned wages (hardly what I would call a social malady of instant gratification. Sounds more like just regular capitalism...the exchange of goods and services.)

You guys suck. Hope you received that with a smile too.
Hey dude......CHILL
2005 DRZ400s
caljw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:16 PM   #491
EKinOR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Customer service is not always about instant gratification, but it IS all about honesty and honoring your commitments once given...
You must have read a different thread than I did when I ordered mine. Sure, I'd like to have my Ice Air as soon as I pay for it, but it was pretty clear to me when I ordered that, 1) production would not start until 30 orders were received; and 2) once 30 were ordered, production would begin. Not sure how you missed that. Yes PS/JJ said they were hoping to ship by a particular date that has now passed, but they never guaranteed a ship date. If you want a similar product (though not 100% the same) immediately, go buy a Booster Plug. I'm sure PS/JJ will refund your order.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:43 PM   #492
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:

[I]t's a free country and I have an opinion to express. I'll operate however I damn well please. In this case (and in every other where my hard earned is at stake) I will call my own shots thank you very much and I will get things done my way.If a vendor/manufacturer isn't responsive to their customers desires then SCREW 'EM. They sure as hell ain't getting my business again.
You mean, "you will get things done the way you agreed to".

If a customer desires something they didn't agree to, that's hardly non-responsive.

You are certainly welcome to voice your opinion of the facts, freedom of speech and all that.
But misrepresentation has no place here.

The records show that you are C.T., ID., and you received your IICE Air on May 24.

What's all your ranting and noise about?

Old 08-19-2012, 01:47 AM   #493
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:

Here it is...I have the the same gripe every other disgruntled buyer has expresed on here. Lot's of ship date promises and no delivery. Meanwhile, while I am waiting an inordinate amount of time, you are already out spending my cash. Sorry pal, but it really doesn't work that way in the good ol USA in 2012. You may have stated guidelines regarding batch builds and shipping expectations up front but do you really think anyone wants to be given arrival dates repeatedly for their product just to have them changed later? Most on here are riding nuts (I roll 25-40K+ miles a year on my bikes) and false promises related to our passion don't sit well.
You've had your IICE Air since May 25.

Old 08-19-2012, 03:46 AM   #494
DriftDragon
Wanderer

Oddometer: 198
Zen if I understand the situation correctly you have convinced me that Poolside is someone I am willing to do business with. Why? Because it sounds like Poolside previously had misunderstandings about his ship dates and policy so he changed his message to more clearly reflect what he is offering and to make it more clear hid ship dates are estimates that he cannot always meet. I am ok with that. I am also okay with sending him money up front. Why? Because its clear he would not be able to make and send these things out at all without the funds to buy enough supplies to make a whole batch. Also he was pretty clear that the performance realized is pretty darn subjective and that there does not seem to be be diagnostic tools available that can show the impact of the device because it works in a portion of the bikes performance where diagnostic tools don't target... speed transitions. That happens to be an area I am very interested in achieving optimal performance in. Many people clearly are very happy with what the device does but all Poolside promised is that his device changes the temp sensor signal and explained how that should help a properly performing bike. I think he has been a hell of a lot more forthcoming than MANY more "professional outfits" and I value that. But in the end if Poolside does not make me one of these I won't get one because lets be honest... BMW is not stupid and are facing a lot of pressure in this area... newer bikes will no doubt start to address this area. So for poolside to take a risk and "get more professional" is a risk no one but poolside can decide to do. Lets face it... he's making a few dollars but his design is entirely dependent on bmw's design which poolside cannot control. He's probably wise to proceed with caution.

So you and denial have made your points and poolside addressed it to many of our satisfaction. Thanks for your opinion. You probably cost poolside a fair number of prospective customers by continuing to harp on it and mostly likely more than you lost so its probably a good thing he's not a more established company because a lawyer could probably make a strong case you guys are costing him money for no real purpose and refuse to stop no matter what poolside does. If you don't like people responding to you and challenging your accusations then perhaps a public forum is not where you should be posting your comments. You engaged us by posting publicly so please don't be surprised we don't just accept your words as gospel because of how much you post and how long you been posting. Neither of those details mean you are more or less trustworthy than Poolside or the gentleman you called a name. You calling him names and dragging up an honest mistake on another post does give us some insight into how fair you are.

2003 KTM 525 EXC RFS
DriftDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #495
caljw
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 372
Quote:
I am more than tired of rehashing the same points over and over.

Poolside, I am sorry that my earlier post asking when I will get my order was a bit snarky.
And if you or JJ wish to admit that you handled responses to delivery questions wrong and apologize, I will happily accept that.

Otherwise, I am done with this issue.
I believe that I have made my point MORE than clearly enough, and will no longer respond to anything else regarding it.
Thank God...because between you and Denial you have managed to turn this entertaining and informative thread into what amounts to a chick fight. What you both don't seem to get is that Poolside and JJ are operating out of a garage and in the spirit of ADVrider enjoying the ride while providing a product that helps us do just that. Yes is loose and unorganized but that's the fucking point! JJ's comments as "marketing" and poolsides technical info are exactly what I love about ADVrider, no one takes things too seriously....and then you anals come along and start bitching like a couple of girls. Go and ride, it may help.
2005 DRZ400s
caljw is offline   Reply With Quote