User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #766
Ayrshire Bull
why the hell not?

Oddometer: 1,878
"Where's Poolside?"

- hopefully chained to his freaking bench like the Thing in the basement from Pulp Fiction - testing the shit out of this batch to get them all into baggies and out the door.....
Old 04-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #767
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,392
Such a deal for inmates. Since I can't ride for another.......I don't even want to think about it, I will sell you my used IIce Aire for $200. Such a deal. You get to have one now, no more waiting. I'll pick up another one when the produciton is finished. I think itis a win/win. First guy to PM me gets it.

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:09 AM   #768
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,700

Hey there folks. I'm going to be in the shop for a couple of hours in the early afternoon today, Saturday. And again for a few hours on Sunday late afternoon, working on the IICE Airs.

Which leaves the question, what is going on with the other products?

I'm working on the IICE Smooth in the periphery. Well, maybe I should say the second-level periphery. The first-level periphery is taken up with the IICE Air. And you know this run of about 550 pieces is nearing the close.

What stage of development are the projects in? Well I'll tell you. The IICE Cool, which was formerly the second product and improved the Transient Throttle Enrichment, is probably going to get wrapped up into a 'fourth' future project. (Those of you that have been reading between the lines since the Fall probably figured that out. ) Along with Transient Throttle Enrichment, the combination device will do several additional things that JJ and I are still working out.

So the IICE Smooth was moved ahead, and planned as the next project since early in the Fall. The Smooth device alters the O2 sensor signal, the stock O2 sensor signal. Those of you who have been following along since the beginning already know that. At some point soon JJ and I will get into more details about the IICE Smooth in the Hotrod thread in Gspot.

At present there's this nice little data acquisition system I've pieced together. When running at a full clip, the system streams approximately 90 16bit samples per crankshaft revolution at 8000rpm. That's right at 12,000 samples per second. Not tremendously fast as data acquisition goes, but enough to do this job. The data acquisition system is not part of the IICE Smooth, it's a development tool.

The system returns high-speed fine-grained data on fuel injector pulsewidth with 0.1s resolution, spark advance to 0.1 resolution, O2 sensor signal voltage and sensing element impedance, and throttle position. Data is collected and synchronized for each turn of the crankshaft. At some point a couple of more things might be added to the sample list, like wheel speed sensors, and throttle body stepper motor position.

The algorithm in the IICE Smooth processor performs a non-trivial amount of math say. If you remember your calculus, it works with derivatives. And does some bilinear interpolation.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:24 AM   #769
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,025
Yeah. Yeah . Monkey math. We get it. Now, back to your hole in the basement, creature from Pulp Fiction. Zed's dead.
slowoldguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:27 AM   #770
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post

Will these work on the new wet heads?

Put me down for two more. I will use them as raffle prizes for next years DV n00bs ride.
Yes. But the throttle-by-wire system on the wethead does ameliorate some of the throttle response shortcomings. Though rather than outright driveability improvements, primarily eGas is used to create marketable pushbutton settings for different rider-adjustable throttle response curves. The IICE Air will have more of an effect at the higher-power rider settings.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 04-06-2013, 06:31 AM   #771
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post

Yeah. Yeah . Monkey math. We get it. Now, back to your hole in the basement, creature from Pulp Fiction. Zed's dead.
      Or what, you'll go all Ezekiel 25:17 on me?

Old 04-06-2013, 07:57 AM   #772
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post

The algorithm in the IICE Smooth processor performs a non-trivial amount of math say. If you remember your calculus, it works with derivatives. And does some bilinear interpolation.

Does that mean the Air is shipping soon?
Old 04-06-2013, 08:31 AM   #773
Ayrshire Bull
why the hell not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post

Old 04-06-2013, 09:29 AM   #774
Racegun
Single Track Mind!

Oddometer: 2,548
duuuuuude!

Quote:
Hey there folks. I'm going to be in the shop for a couple of hours in the early afternoon today, Saturday. And again for a few hours on Sunday late afternoon, working on the IICE Airs.

Which leaves the question, what is going on with the other products?

I'm working on the IICE Smooth in the periphery. Well, maybe I should say the second-level periphery. The first-level periphery is taken up with the IICE Air. And you know this run of about 550 pieces is nearing the close.

What stage of development are the projects in? Well I'll tell you. The IICE Cool, which was formerly the second product and improved the Transient Throttle Enrichment, is probably going to get wrapped up into a 'fourth' future project. (Those of you that have been reading between the lines since the Fall probably figured that out. ) Along with Transient Throttle Enrichment, the combination device will do several additional things that JJ and I are still working out.

So the IICE Smooth was moved ahead, and planned as the next project since early in the Fall. The Smooth device alters the O2 sensor signal, the stock O2 sensor signal. Those of you who have been following along since the beginning already know that. At some point soon JJ and I will get into more details about the IICE Smooth in the Hotrod thread in Gspot.

At present there's this nice little data acquisition system I've pieced together. When running at a full clip, the system streams approximately 90 16bit samples per crankshaft revolution at 8000rpm. That's right at 12,000 samples per second. Not tremendously fast as data acquisition goes, but enough to do this job. The data acquisition system is not part of the IICE Smooth, it's a development tool.

The system returns high-speed fine-grained data on fuel injector pulsewidth with 0.1s resolution, spark advance to 0.1 resolution, O2 sensor signal voltage and sensing element impedance, and throttle position. Data is collected and synchronized for each turn of the crankshaft. At some point a couple of more things might be added to the sample list, like wheel speed sensors, and throttle body stepper motor position.

you are one smart sum-biatch!
as soon as I can buy a bike ( r11gs) ( hopefully in the next 6 months) I will be buying one from you. I do not remember, does IICE address surging?

Racegun screwed with this post 04-06-2013 at 09:32 AM Reason: add content
Racegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #775
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

Oddometer: 15,208
Quote:
snip

THAT's what I'm talk'n about!

JJ
Old 04-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #776
Racegun
Single Track Mind!

Oddometer: 2,548
ubetcha!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen View Post

JJ

DITTO BIG TIME! As an electronics tech I so appreciate his work! I also need a job....hint hint
Old 04-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #777
joenuclear
Planning.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racegun View Post
DITTO BIG TIME! As an electronics tech I so appreciate his work! I also need a job....hint hint
I hear he's looking for a Gimp!
Old 04-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #778
joenuclear
Planning.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen View Post

JJ
Looks like Marketing has reared its Ugly Head.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:55 PM   #779
Ayrshire Bull
why the hell not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenuclear View Post
Looks like Marketing has reared its Ugly Head.
marketing is just words to me right now - I want to splice one of these babies into my bike (not talk about it)

been waiting a long, long time ....... just send me the doohicky (please!) and let me ride it.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #780
joenuclear
Planning.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrshire Bull View Post
marketing is just words to me right now - I want to splice one of these babies into my bike (not talk about it)

been waiting a long, long time ....... just send me the doohicky (please!) and let me ride it.
But you're learning PATIENCE!