Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #856
Offblnz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
Yes. I'm doing the final epoxy step today, and this batch will ship on Wednesday.

Edit: mmmm...will the batch that I'm part of ship too or were I celebrating to early?

Offblnz screwed with this post 07-08-2013 at 05:37 PM
Offblnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #857
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balanzed View Post

Edit: mmmm...will the batch that I'm part of ship too or were I celebrating to early?
You can check the order list for your initials, Balanzed. I don't know your real name from your ADVrider moniker.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #858
InTheMuck
So it goes...

Oddometer: 331
Quote:
You can check the order list for your initials, Balanzed. I don't know your real name from your ADVrider moniker.

Are you planning on shipping to everyone that has ordered so far, or is it just the first batch of 30??

ďI havenít been everywhere, but itís on my list."
InTheMuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:44 AM   #859
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheMuck View Post

Are you planning on shipping to everyone that has ordered so far, or is it just the first batch of 30??
To the first part of the question, of course, everyone who ordered one will receive an IICE Air. To the second part of the question, "the first batch of 30" shipped out back at the beginning of this project.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 07-09-2013, 08:12 AM   #860
Offblnz
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

L.C, ME. But I don't want to keep you away from your work all the damn time, so I'll shut it now and just check your list....if you could reveal if that batch I'm part of ships tomorrow, of course I'd be more than grateful!

Okay, I'll be quiet now. Thanks so much, Poolside, can't wait to see what it feels like on the old'ish bike!
Old 07-09-2013, 08:35 AM   #861
InTheMuck
So it goes...

Oddometer: 331
Quote:
To the first part of the question, of course, everyone who ordered one will receive an IICE Air. To the second part of the question, "the first batch of 30" shipped out back at the beginning of this project.
Sorry, my question was meant to build off of Balanzed's question and your reply. To be more clear...looking at the list of all orders that don't say shipped already...is the batch being worked on currently going to cover all of the orders below, plus the additional orders that have placed but not added to the list yet, or only some of the orders?

Thanks for any clarification you can provide and happy building!

Quote:

----------
Assembly of these last 2 batches started Apr 2

----------
We're building another batch of 30 pieces! Click here to order.

. . .
. . .
. . .
----------

ďI havenít been everywhere, but itís on my list."

InTheMuck screwed with this post 07-09-2013 at 10:04 AM
InTheMuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #862
Poolside OP
Syndicated

I'm thinking that if you two guys can't count to 30 that you might have a hard time installing the IICE Air. Just saying. 

Old 07-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #863
Offblnz
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
p.s.: Hey InTheMuck, would you do us a favor? Could you please delete the 'order list reprint' from your post? The 'master' list changes as initials are added to the list, and units ship, but your copied portion will not.

Thanks man.

Be quiet man and get back to work!

30 me here and 30 me there....I just know I ordered one and that you said you would ship it here. Which part of the list the 30 first (who's on first?) that will ship before the second part of 30 that will ship later, but before the last 30 that are first being shipped after the last of the first of the second.........

But you're right, I'll probably break something when I install it. I'm a pretty damn good wrecker! I'll send you pics of my molestation when I'm done!

Offblnz screwed with this post 07-09-2013 at 10:09 AM
Old 07-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #864
Poolside OP
Syndicated

I'm sure you'll do fine. Everyone has done alright installing it.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #865
Offblnz
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I'm sure you'll do fine. Everyone has done alright installing it.

Tell that to my mechanic!

Offblnz screwed with this post 07-09-2013 at 10:11 PM
Old 07-10-2013, 12:45 PM   #866
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Assembly update

Yesterday afternoon when I sat down to finish the last epoxy step there was an issue with the epoxy resin. The amount of remaining resin seemed to be primarily solids. Apparently I haven't been stirring the resin well enough before each use, and the remaining portion in the container are solids that settled out.

I ordered another 1.4L of resin and curing agent and it will be here Friday or Monday. Also I just got off the phone with the chemical engineer that formulates their products. He says it's a typical issue that happens if the resin isn't properly stirred before mixing with the curing agent. Ahh... yea... that would be me. He went on to say that the over-concentration of solids could be filtered out, restoring the product to normal.

So I set up a coffee filter, and the resin seems to be slowly drip-dripping through there. I'll be back around dinnertime and we'll see how it went.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #867
Andrew
Optimus Primer

Oddometer: 15,187
See, people think it's just Marketing and Engineering. But truth is, Manufacturing is where things come together, or don't.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #868
Offblnz
Beastly Adventurer

It's like Santa saying "Sorry, kids, you wont get your presents till after New Years Eve. Freaking Rudolf didn't stir the eggnog that I drink while flying around to serve you little cretins!"

On a serious note, yeah, that sucks when things like that happen, Poolside, but the weather is going to be nice next week, so it is all good!
Old 07-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #869
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Yea something like that, Balanzed, I didn't stir the eggnog and drank all the brandy off the top.

The coffee filter process is working, the resin coming through looks fine and has the right viscosity. It looks like enough resin is coming through so that I can do the job in the morning.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:44 PM   #870
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post

See, people think it's just Marketing and Engineering. But truth is, Manufacturing is where things come together, or don't.
That's for sure. The buck stops there as the saying goes.

Wait till you see the assembly setup planned for the IICE Cool. A diy surface mount pick and place, solder paste dispenser, and reflow oven.