Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2014, 01:57 PM   #991
mr_magicfingers
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
I'll gladly return my original ice air for the new version if you're offering such a good refund. Just let us know the details and I'll post it back if you need it back. I'm guessing international shipping is extra
mr_magicfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:50 PM   #992
Andrew
Optimus Primer

Oddometer: 14,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_magicfingers View Post
I'll gladly return my original ice air for the new version if you're offering such a good refund. Just let us know the details and I'll post it back if you need it back. I'm guessing international shipping is extra
They way I read the previous post, JJ and PS are offering a discount on the purchase of a new model, to owners of the previous model. Or a plug-in fix to the previous model, for those who might need it. But not a trade-in of old model for new.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:00 PM   #993
TGB
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Hey this is TB from Ma, I'm on the old list how do I go about get on the new unit list?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
TGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:08 AM   #994
mr_magicfingers
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
They way I read the previous post, JJ and PS are offering a discount on the purchase of a new model, to owners of the previous model. Or a plug-in fix to the previous model, for those who might need it. But not a trade-in of old model for new.
Makes sense, saves returning the current one anyway :)
mr_magicfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:25 AM   #995
Daweise1
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Just Smooth...?..

Will the Smooth be made without the digital Air as originally planned? I am just wondering what is going to happen to 600 Airs made.... Some, like mine, still works as originally planned on a R1100, and it sounds like it just became garage art if I want to have a Smooth....
Daweise1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:34 AM   #996
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daweise1 View Post

Will the Smooth be made without the digital Air as originally planned? I am just wondering what is going to happen to 600 Airs made.... Some, like mine, still works as originally planned on a R1100, and it sounds like it just became garage art if I want to have a Smooth....
Heh heh, garage art. You can always make a gift of it to a friend. We did it this way because it solves the largest number of cases, includes everyone, and provides a choice for existing customers.

I see what you're saying, Daweise, there was a piece missing from the explanation. Because you purchased an IICE Air, upgrading to the dual Smooth/Air is less money than the Smooth was going to be by itself. The Smooth as a single product was planned for $140.

I'll have to make another pass at explaining the process.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:58 AM   #997
liviob
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 675
Hello Poolside. Some time ago I ordered an IICE-AIR. As of today it has not been shipped and there seems to be no commitment as to when it will be shipped. I read here that there is a new digital version of the IICE-AIR that will be sold as a pair with the Smooth. Will I be getting the newly redesigned digital IICE-AIR or will I be given an option to buy the pair or will I be getting a refund for my undelivered IICE-AIR order? Please explain what is happening here. I would very much prefer to get the combo unit over the single piece, but i don't want to wait several months to get it. My bike is a 2001 R1150GS.

liviob screwed with this post 01-09-2014 at 02:50 AM
liviob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:06 AM   #998
Leop54
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Resuming, Poolside,

as a IICE air owner with a green-colour listed R1200GD ADV, all I have to do is to send you 125 USD and have a one-fits-two combo AIR&smooth, and at receiving the package, unmount the air, give it for free to a friend with a blue written R-1150 any model with the link to this tread so he can read and buy the Smooth and the cool for his model and set-up the combo, waiting for the Cool, Isn't it?
And where is the order list to put my name and the instructions for sending you the bucks?
Leop54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:35 PM   #999
ADVMAC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Same question , how do i get on the list for a upgraded one ?
Old 01-08-2014, 03:53 PM   #1000
Oddfellow
Beasty Rider

Oddometer: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post

The next IICE product to be built is the dual-function IICE Smooth and IICE Air. It's a 2-in-1 device. A digital version of the IICE Air, and a digital IICE Smooth O2 Sensor controller, in one. The Smooth is a 2-channel O2 Sensor controller, and works on bikes with 1 or 2 oxygen sensors. For example, all models of the R1200.

In addition, JJ and I are looking at a couple of surprise extras. An available cold start fuel injector prime pulse output. And an ignition-on output wire, for control of auxiliary lights and other accessories.

The introductory pre-order price for the 2-in-1 unit should be right at $200. And for anyone who bought an IICE Air, we have some Frequent Flier Miles for you. You receive a full credit for your original IICE Air purchases toward the price of this 2-in-1 digital unit. That means you get the IICE Smooth and IICE Air digital for $125.

As a previous buyer of the Ice Air and a R1150GS Adventure Model owner will the new Digital 2-in-1 unit work on my bike and where do I sign up?

2014 KTM 690 Enduro R
'02 BMW R1150 GS Adventure FOR SALE
'05 Honda XR650R (on the block next)
Oddfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:45 PM   #1001
Florida Lime
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,003
As a buyer from March 2011, I have been waiting for Phase 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post

(posted 3-24-11) Just a minute, let me ask...

Yes. If you purchased an IICE Air, then an email notification will go out for both versions of the IICE Cool. And also for the other upcoming related devices.

Anything still along these lines, or just stay posted ?
I admit, I gave up looking at the thread after 2 years - it was always more IICE Air news....
'08 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S -- Going, http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...ht=Hypermotard
Florida Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:48 PM   #1002
Florida Lime
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,003
Just getting this off page 5 in hopes of an answer.....

'08 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S -- Going, http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...ht=Hypermotard
Florida Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:55 PM   #1003
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Lime View Post

As a buyer from March 2011, I have been waiting for Phase 2.

Anything still along these lines, or just stay posted ?
I admit, I gave up looking at the thread after 2 years - it was always more IICE Air news....

Just getting this off page 5 in hopes of an answer.....
I hear you FL. We never expected so many people would want IICE Airs. Currently I'm sorting out the components and assembly for the calibration plug-in for the Airs as fitted to bikes using the BMS-K and BMS-C ECUs. The IICE Smooth and IICE Cool, 'Phase 2' as you call it, are on the horizon. I would have been working on them now if it weren't for this little snag with the temperature offset.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 02-08-2014, 05:59 AM   #1004
sunlinden
Fun Muncher

Oddometer: 105
fix ready yet?

Hi, I purchased the ICE air about 2 or 3 years ago for my 08 R1200GS and after installing, saw no performance improvement what so ever. I now see that you have an fix for this. Is the free updated fix available now?

Thanks, Dave
sunlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:47 AM   #1005
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlinden View Post
Hi, I purchased the ICE air about 2 or 3 years ago for my 08 R1200GS and after installing, saw no performance improvement what so ever. I now see that you have an fix for this. Is the free updated fix available now?

Thanks, Dave
Hey there Dave.

Currently I'm sorting out setting up manufacturing for the plug-in calibration part for the IICE Air on the R1200 models. And this weekend I'll be back working on the last batch of Airs.

In the interim, on the affected bikes, you can operate the Air on the -30 jumper setting.

If you have an IICE Air the free plug-in part is in the works and will be available soon. Or if you prefer, you can choose to upgrade to one of the new digital dual-function devices. The Air/Cool or the Air/Smooth.

If you decide to go with one of the new IICE digitals, the full price of the Air will be applied to the new device.