Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2014, 01:38 PM   #1006
dirtyoffroad
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 523
How does one decide on which combo to choose between the air/cool and the air/ smoothe?
dirtyoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:57 PM   #1007
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

Oddometer: 15,466
The details such as those will be explained in due course.

We first have to finalize, at least in our heads, the what and where and with which etc.

But I gotta say that the range of functions and sophistication that a digital design offers is impressive.
At least to me it is, anyway.

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
johnjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:55 PM   #1008
sunlinden
Fun Muncher

Oddometer: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
Hey there Dave.

Currently I'm sorting out setting up manufacturing for the plug-in calibration part for the IICE Air on the R1200 models. And this weekend I'll be back working on the last batch of Airs.

In the interim, on the affected bikes, you can operate the Air on the -30 jumper setting.

If you have an IICE Air the free plug-in part is in the works and will be available soon. Or if you prefer, you can choose to upgrade to one of the new digital dual-function devices. The Air/Cool or the Air/Smooth.

If you decide to go with one of the new IICE digitals, the full price of the Air will be applied to the new device.

Thanks for the update. I'll wait for the free updated fix and if that works, then consider the upgrade. This approach seems to be the logical approach.
I'll try the -30 when it warms up a bit, but till then, please put me in line for the updated fix.

Dave
sunlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:00 AM   #1009
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyoffroad View Post

How does one decide on which combo to choose between the air/cool and the air/ smoothe?
Hey there, Dirty.

The short answer is the Air/Cool is punch during throttle tip-in and acceleration, and the Air/Smooth is more and linear power and smoothness. I'm anxious to get the build thread going, with design coverage from the workbench. At that time like JJ said, we'll dissect the purpose of the various functions, and how they improve the riding experience.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:05 PM   #1010
Andrew
Optimus Primer

Oddometer: 14,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen View Post
The details such as those will be explained in due course.

We first have to finalize, at least in our heads, the what and where and with which etc.

But I gotta say that the range of functions and sophistication that a digital design offers is impressive.
At least to me it is, anyway.

JJ
Any hints then on what options might be available for end users to tweak?
Old 02-10-2014, 10:45 PM   #1011
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

Oddometer: 15,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Any hints then on what options might be available for end users to tweak?
Any hints? Oh YEAH,
Its gunna be F'kn AWESOME!
USA Fuck YEAH!

Isn't that what marketing SHOULD say?

But in true marketing speak,
at this point the list of 'options' is still 'fluid'.

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
johnjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:20 AM   #1012
liviob
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 702
Hello Poolside. Curious to know when my item will be shipped or if you have other plans. Can you please offer an update. Thanks Livio
Old 02-21-2014, 03:21 AM   #1013
KSBEERHUNTER
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
johnjen and poolside.
I have the IICE air installed on my 1150 gs now, set as it arrived at 20. It helped so much that I have been afraid to change the setting. Will the new Ice/cool device be as easy to install? Does it plug into the same place and replace your IICE air? The IICE air delivered great return in performance and smoothness for me and was such an easy device to install. Money well spent!!

KSBEERHUNTER screwed with this post 02-21-2014 at 03:27 AM
KSBEERHUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:17 AM   #1014
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by liviob View Post

Hello Poolside. Curious to know when my item will be shipped or if you have other plans.

Can you please offer an update. Thanks Livio
We have enough plans thank you very much.  I've been going back and forth between a contract job, finishing the last batch of IICE Airs, putting the finishing touches on the calibration plug-in part for the Air, and pausing to take design notes regarding the digital products. You know how it is, priorities are sometimes a moving target. As of the moment, I'm back home early today, and I'll be in the shop after lunch. I may have the Airs ready to ship early next week. It might work out to epoxy a half-batch over the weekend.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 02-21-2014, 06:59 AM   #1015
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSBEERHUNTER View Post

johnjen and poolside.
I have the IICE air installed on my 1150 gs now, set as it arrived at 20. It helped so much that I have been afraid to change the setting. Will the new Ice/cool device be as easy to install? Does it plug into the same place and replace your IICE air? The IICE air delivered great return in performance and smoothness for me and was such an easy device to install. Money well spent!!
That is sure ice to hear, Beerhunter. Thanks!

The -20C jumper setting is the optimum configuration. Regarding experimenting with the other settings, I would guess you are like most people in simply leaving the jumper at the factory -20 degree setting.

You could say that installing the new digital devices is half as easy as installing the Air. The devices are dual-function, and the digital Air plugs in the same way the regular Air does, inline with the Intake Air Temperature sensor connector. The other functions, the Smooth or Cool functions, connect to the O2 sensor(s) and/or other sensors.

The digital Air is controlled by a microprocessor. And the temperature offsets, the -10, -20 and -30 degree IICE Air settings, are changed based on what the Smooth or Cool are doing, and on other variables. It's a small network.

Jim

Old 02-21-2014, 04:08 PM   #1016
liviob
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 702
Quote:
We have enough plans thank you very much.  I've been going back and forth between a contract job, finishing the last batch of IICE Airs, putting the finishing touches on the calibration plug-in part for the Air, and pausing to take design notes regarding the digital products. You know how it is, priorities are sometimes a moving target. As of the moment, I'm back home early today, and I'll be in the shop after lunch. I may have the Airs ready to ship early next week. It might work out to epoxy a half-batch over the weekend.

Thank You.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:44 AM   #1017
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Game called due to rain

And that's good news for us! A job I'm working at can't be done in the rain, so we're on hold for a couple of days. (Local weather at IICE HQ) That gives me today and Friday to work here. I should be able to pour epoxy on Saturday.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:16 PM   #1018
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Final test for this batch is Friday.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:31 PM   #1019
jadoca
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
putting the finishing touches on the calibration plug-in part for the Air,
What is the timeline for this please?
jadoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:34 PM   #1020
sunlinden
Fun Muncher

Oddometer: 106
Quote:
Hey there Dave.

Currently I'm sorting out setting up manufacturing for the plug-in calibration part for the IICE Air on the R1200 models. And this weekend I'll be back working on the last batch of Airs.

In the interim, on the affected bikes, you can operate the Air on the -30 jumper setting.

If you have an IICE Air the free plug-in part is in the works and will be available soon. Or if you prefer, you can choose to upgrade to one of the new digital dual-function devices. The Air/Cool or the Air/Smooth.

If you decide to go with one of the new IICE digitals, the full price of the Air will be applied to the new device.

Poolside, Any updates on this? Riding season is rapidly approaching and it's been about a month since you you posted the above response.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,

Dave
sunlinden is offline   Reply With Quote