Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2014, 04:12 AM   #1021
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,735

I know what you mean. This batch is shipping on Tuesday.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:04 AM   #1022
jadoca
Banned

Oddometer: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside
Hey there Dave.

Currently I'm sorting out setting up manufacturing for the plug-in calibration part for the IICE Air on the R1200 models. And this weekend I'll be back working on the last batch of Airs.

In the interim, on the affected bikes, you can operate the Air on the -30 jumper setting.

If you have an IICE Air the free plug-in part is in the works and will be available soon. Or if you prefer, you can choose to upgrade to one of the new digital dual-function devices. The Air/Cool or the Air/Smooth.

If you decide to go with one of the new IICE digitals, the full price of the Air will be applied to the new device.

Poolside, Any updates on this? Riding season is rapidly approaching and it's been about a month since you you posted the above response.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,

Dave

I for one would like an answer to this question please. So what is it?
jadoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:35 AM   #1023
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,098
A Choice?

PS,

I may have missed this but since I want to "upgrade", when that becomes a reality, do I have to choose between an Air/Cool OR Air/Smooth? Can you install both?

[ "If you have an IICE Air the free plug-in part is in the works and will be available soon. Or if you prefer, you can choose to upgrade to one of the new digital dual-function devices. The Air/Cool or the Air/Smooth"]

Thanks,

Phil
Wallowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:10 AM   #1024
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallowa View Post

... I want to "upgrade", when that becomes a reality, do I have to choose between an Air/Cool OR Air/Smooth? Can you install both?
If you bought an Air, what you get is the original price of the Air, and you can apply that to any of the new digital products. As far as installing both, JJ and I will cover all the technical aspects in the main thread.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 03-11-2014, 03:14 AM   #1025
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlinden View Post

Poolside, any updates on [the calibration plug-in part?]
There was another board revision, to give it a little more clearance. The calibration part connects inside of the vial. You know, where the jumper pins are located. The new board rev should be here in 14 days, and assembly will begin. That should make for an interesting photo journal.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:23 AM   #1026
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

That Thread Is "Closed"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
If you bought an Air, what you get is the original price of the Air, and you can apply that to any of the new digital products. As far as installing both, JJ and I will cover all the technical aspects in the main thread.

One of us missed the memo....JJ closed that thread on 2-7-14.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:17 PM   #1027
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallowa View Post

One of us missed the memo....JJ closed that thread
It's understandable. Many people didn't see that as an interim sort of thing. There was so much other silliness going on in there at the time. But JJ mentions it in the last post where it reads, "I'm going to close this thread, for now."

Old 03-11-2014, 05:27 PM   #1028
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Cool..Then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
It's understandable. Many people didn't see that as an interim sort of thing. There was so much other silliness going on in there at the time. But JJ mentions it in the last post where it reads, "I'm going to close this thread, for now."

Cool when you and JJ get the products ready to go and all sorted out the old "Hotrodding the GS" [temp closed] will be resurrected and all things good will be posted there...

Thanks,

Phil
Old 03-18-2014, 05:45 AM   #1029
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Shipping update

As you may know, this batch of IICE Airs was shipped last Tuesday. A couple of people let me know that theirs haven't arrived yet, so I checked with USPS. Apparently the shipment is being returned because of an incorrect date on the postage. I purchased shipping labels dated for last Tuesday and brought the batch of Airs to USPS on Tuesday afternoon. There was a long line, so I dropped them into the mail chute inside the post office. I did not check or notice that the mail chute inside the office has a pick-up time earlier than than the office closing time. Sorry about that folks.

I'm told they will be returned this week. I'll turn them around the same day.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:56 AM   #1030
Three Dawg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 484
I think this must be your personal smiley:

Lookin' forward to receiving mine, whenever it turns up.
Three Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:05 AM   #1031
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Yours was in that batch, RJ. They'll get repackaged and sent out as soon as they get here.

Then we'll move along to calibration plug-in parts, and the new Digital products.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:09 AM   #1032
Three Dawg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 484
Cool- it'll be here just in time for the start of the riding season!
Three Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:33 PM   #1033
Poolside OP
Syndicated

The shipment from last Tuesday arrived this morning. They're getting repackaged with new shipping labels, and going out today.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:03 AM   #1034
liviob
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 705
Will the IICE air work with a 2008 1200 GS as shipped or does this need the Calibration plug to work with this bike?
Old 03-27-2014, 03:08 AM   #1035
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by liviob View Post

Will the IICE air work with a 2008 1200 GS as shipped or does this need the Calibration plug to work with this bike?
Thanks for the reminder LB. I need to update the 'How to Adjust the IICE Air' links in the main thread in GSpot.

The answer to your question is in the following post.