Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning > Americas
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #16
MountaineerWV
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 293
Good on ya for putting this together. I'm in Morgantown and I'll try to put something together for north central wv.

Please figure out a way to make the page view-able without scrolling from left to right. Super annoying.
US Army 2006-2011; Ansbach, Germany 2007-2011; Iraq 07-08 & 09-10
MountaineerWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #17
pnoman OP
Just Average

Oddometer: 2,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountaineerWV View Post
Good on ya for putting this together. I'm in Morgantown and I'll try to put something together for north central wv.

Please figure out a way to make the page view-able without scrolling from left to right. Super annoying.
Thanks. I'd be glad to add links to other routes.

As far as the width, I noticed originally it was very wide even on my home monitor, so I went back and re-sized each (most?) of the pages to either 14" or 15" width. It may still be a problem with smaller laptops, netbooks, and smaller monitors, but at this point I don't know how to make it a universal size. I create the pages on Microsoft Word, within a table where I set the width. Then, after I get the basic information started, I save it as a web page and continue building it from there. I know there are several programs out there for web design, but I don't have the finances or the time to learn yet another program at this time. I'd be glad for any info that would help within the confines of Word, if you happen to be a computer guru. Thanks.
My Website - Europe, Alaska, US Bike Rides
www.RidingWV.com
pnoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:59 AM   #18
pnoman OP
Just Average

Petersburg Loop #1 Added

ADDED: Petersburg Loop #1 - A 173-Mile loop north, west, and south of Petersburg. Greenland Gap a scenic ride through a narrow pass in the ridge, through farmland and alongside a creek, on a narrow but freshly paved road. Then climb Rt 42 from Scherr up to Mt Storm on one of the best mountain rides in WV. In Davis, stop at Blackwater Falls, one of WVs most recognized landmarks. Enjoy the twisty road from Davis to Parsons, where you take narrow (paved) Rt 72 through the remote back-county for about 20 miles. Stop at Seneca Rocks and climb to the top for a great view. This is another of WVs most recognized landmarks. Then, head south about 10 miles and climb the narrow, twisty (paved) road up to the summit of Spruce Knob, the highest point in WV. Descend to Judy Gap and ride the twisty Rt 33 up the mountain to the Germany Valley Overlook, one of the best views in the state. Then, explore the famous Smoke Hole Road before returning to Petersburg.

There is a printable, mile-by-mile guide to show the highlights and major intersections. I hope that proves to be a useful feature, since it takes quite a while to type out.

http://www.ridingwv.com/RidingRoutes.htm

Click on Petersburg Loop #1 ** NOTE: the map takes a minute to load - be patient**

More to follow.
www.RidingWV.com
Old 05-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #19
pnoman OP
Just Average

Up and Running again - 2013 Update

2013 Updates:

1) The "Events" Page is now updated for June 2013. This is the 150th Birthday (Sesquicentennial) of West Virginia's statehood, so there are many festivals and celebrations this month. I tried to pick some that I thought would be interesting to most people. Check them out!

2) I would like to see 2013 be the year this website takes off with more photos and ride reports submitted by readers. You can read how to submit material on the "Contact" Page, or just PM me here at ADV. I will be glad to proofread and edit, so don't worry if you're not the best writer. (Neither am I!) ALSO: IF YOUR GROUP HAS AN EVENT/RIDE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL BE GLAD TO INCLUDE IT IN THE "EVENTS" PAGE.
** The site is now averaging between 2,500 - 3,000 visits per month! If you want your group or event to be seen, this is the place.

3) Please pass the word on this website. It is a non-profit work of love of mine. I only have ads for 2 or 3 businesses, and I do not charge any of them
. I do have expenses for the web host costs, so if you find the site helpful, a donation would be appreciated. I can send you my PayPal info if you're interested. Thanks!

4) There is now a "For Sale" Page for those living in WV or surrounding states. See the "Contact" Page for more information.

Thanks!
www.RidingWV.com
Old 12-26-2013, 08:26 AM   #20
pnoman OP
Just Average

As 2013 comes to a close, I would like to thank all of the readers who have visited the www.RidingWV.com website. It is averaging between 2,500-3,000 hits per month. I have received many good comments. I would also like to hear constructive suggestions on how to improve the site.

Now that many of us are "snowed in" and riding less, I would like to invite you to submit photos and/or Ride Reports for posting. I will gladly do any editing. Just PM me for details on how to send me your material. I would like this to be a platform for all readers to submit photos and Ride Reports so there are a variety of viewpoints.

Here's wishing everyone a safe Holiday season and a Happy New Year!
www.RidingWV.com
Old 03-27-2014, 02:20 PM   #21
1marka
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Thanks for putting up your site. I am planning on taking a trip to WVA in a couple of months and this will be helpful. Thanks for all the work you put into it.
Old 11-21-2014, 05:53 AM   #22
pnoman OP
Just Average

New Photos

Just posted some new photos:

http://www.ridingwv.com/RidingWVPhotos.htm
www.RidingWV.com