Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #136
dualsportride
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
I enjoy my Fly Trekker, but I did have an issue with fogging up, but only when I have goggles on under the face shield. The only time I ride like this is when its cold or raining and were on a dual sport. I just bought my father-in-law one and he is a little more picky on helmets so we will see how he likes it.

Fly Trekker Review
dualsportride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #137
HanShotFirst
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 247
My daughter has the hi-vis Fly and she loves it. Very comfy and fits well. She does complain about the duck bill pulling her head up at higher speeds when she痴 on the back of my street bike. But for most adventure riding, that痴 not an issue at all. If you have glasses, you WILL need thin wire frames to put on your glasses with this helmet.
HanShotFirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:09 PM   #138
HanShotFirst
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 247
Hey while I知 at it. Rumor has it Fly makes a kit to take off the duck bill visor, but I知 unable to find it anywhere. Anyone seen such a thing? Link??
HanShotFirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #139
mattlikesbikes
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
I've got the new Fly Tourist and love the function but was a little let down with the overall quality. It works well and I guess I should not expect a lot for $100, but it fogs up bad, lots of air leaks for wind and whistles, and feels a bit cheap.

I looked at the Treker but bought the BILT version since I assumed the build of the treker was similar to the tourist. The BILT DS helmet is pretty well built.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:57 PM   #140
rpet
Awesometown

Oddometer: 809
Any comments on the aftermarket shields? Particularly if the mirrors are rugged or scratch really easily. I'm generally using sunglasses or tinted goggles, but a quality mirror shield would be a nice option. thanks!
Read my homie's underway Africa trip RR - Round Africa with a Surboard
WTB: Clarke tank for DR650 for cheap - any color but blue.
rpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:47 AM   #141
mikesova
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanShotFirst View Post
Hey while I知 at it. Rumor has it Fly makes a kit to take off the duck bill visor, but I知 unable to find it anywhere. Anyone seen such a thing? Link??
What's it include, a screwdriver? That's all I needed.

For Sale: 2004 Husqvarna TE510 (Michigan)
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:30 AM   #142
cat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,323
ICON Variant, very similar, apparently somewhat better, available in hi-viz yellow and orange.

cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #143
Kamala
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 12,600
I have a Fly Trekker. No complaints at all other than the Glasses issue. I usually wear contacts so its not an issue. Actually one reason I really like it is it forces me to put in the contacts. IMHO the contacts give me much better peripheral vision and makes the ride safer.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:41 AM   #144
imnothng
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanShotFirst View Post
This?

http://m.motorcycle-superstore.com/1...rsion-Kit.aspx
imnothng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:43 AM   #145
imnothng
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat View Post
ICON Variant, very similar, apparently somewhat better, available in hi-viz yellow and orange.
I regret no splurging and getting the Icon. I put them both on at the store and I found the trekker was akin to a plain recliner, while the Icon felt like slipping into the best lazyboy.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #146
EmmEff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnothng View Post
I regret no splurging and getting the Icon. I put them both on at the store and I found the trekker was akin to a plain recliner, while the Icon felt like slipping into the best lazyboy.
I feel the same way. I'm in the market for a new helmet and coming from an Arai XD3, the Icon feels like a premium helmet while the Fly is lesser. I do like the price of the Fly, though :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 06-23-2013, 05:02 AM   #147
imnothng
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmEff View Post
I feel the same way. I'm in the market for a new helmet and coming from an Arai XD3, the Icon feels like a premium helmet while the Fly is lesser. I do like the price of the Fly, though :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
The price was nice. Honestly it probably sounds stupid, but the main thing that flipped my opinion was the reviews I read of the Icon said the Hi-Viz yellow turns a nasty mustard off yellow after about a year. I really wanted the Hi-Viz, but didn't want a mustard yellow.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:10 AM   #148
RideAlongAtlas1
IS GOOD ! ! !

Oddometer: 147
shoei GT Air Touring Helmet reviewed

I did a product review of my Shoei GT Air helmet, after riding around in it for 2 months. I bought this instead of buying a duel sport helmet. I just posted my video on my channel if anyone's interesting in watching it. It's a pretty good helmet hey. Maybe worth considering buying this particular 'touring' helmet instead of the current range of duel sports, trade-offs are talked about on the video a little.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #149
ThumperStorm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,118
I used my fly trekker on a 1400 mile trip recently. I found it to be very comfortable to wear all day. I could ride at 60 and didn't have any problems with the wind jerking my head around. I think it is a very drafty helmet and won't use it when it gets very cold out. I wear glasses and haven't had any real problems with the way they fit.

I rode a little in the rain and the shield fogged up a lot. I will have to see if I can treat it with something as I won't ride it like that very often. I could try goggles but don't like wearing those and glasses too.

I have the hi-vis color and really like it.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:14 AM   #150
BCJC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
what can a guy expect for the lining to pack out? medium is a little snug, but should i expect it to be good after a few (dozen?) rides?

thanks
BCJC is online now   Reply With Quote