User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2012, 10:57 PM   #166
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,589
But less humidity.
However...yet another dyno which says nothing since there is no AFR curve.
mousitsas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:45 AM   #167
Korruptio
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitsas View Post
But less humidity.
However...yet another dyno which says nothing since there is no AFR curve.
How about getting YOUR bike on dyno and getting the needed curves instead of bitching here about how other people are not providing such? :)
Korruptio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:13 AM   #168
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korruptio View Post
How about getting YOUR bike on dyno and getting the needed curves instead of bitching here about how other people are not providing such? :)
My friend, I believe that the reason why you took the effort to go to a dyno twice and post the results here is to compare your setups, 2-2 vs 2-1. All I said is that there is no conclusion to be had without an AFR curve if one wants to compare two exhaust setups. If you interpreted this as 'bitching', I hold no responsibility. Take care now.
mousitsas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #169
Strokizator
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 239
Dyno Curves

Since horsepower is a function of torque x rpm, torque and horsepower dyno curves intersect at 5252 rpm, at least here in the US. The graphs posted by Korruptio show the intersection around 7100 rpm. Is this due to the use of metric numbers or is there some other explanation? I'd like to learn something today.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #170
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailhead View Post
I don't believe that is so: the oxy sensor & ECU will maintain a stoichiometric condition (on a 990 obviously) with a smaller pipe. Engine power would decrease with this, though.
0-2 sensor only works in closed loop. And really, not that well even then. The A/F ratio needs to be pretty close for it to compensate enough. Most seem to be below 12-15%TPS and under 4K on stock maps.
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:08 PM   #171
hvman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Remus Ti 2 into 1

After reading the entire thread, it seems some remap, some don't. I have an 09 990 with 2 into 1 remus Ti. I have run the original map, the Akro, and a 2011 stock map, there is very little difference. The reason I was trying the different maps is I get a lot of popping on deceleration, with each. Is that the normal with this set-up? thanks
hvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:43 PM   #172
moto-treks
Back Home

Oddometer: 1,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvman View Post
After reading the entire thread, it seems some remap, some don't. I have an 09 990 with 2 into 1 remus Ti. I have run the original map, the Akro, and a 2011 stock map, there is very little difference. The reason I was trying the different maps is I get a lot of popping on deceleration, with each. Is that the normal with this set-up? thanks
I have the same setup on an '10. No popping at all and I'm running the 2011R map. I'd check your gaskets between the header and the 2-into-1 pipe. You may have an air leak.

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:17 PM   #173
hvman
Gnarly Adventurer

thanks

thanks moto-treks, my roxx 2 into 1 pipe has no provision for clamping or gaskets of any kind, maybe I need to try and seal those joints better to see if that is the cause. thanks for the tip, it would be nice if that cures the prob.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:41 AM   #174
kaia
team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer: 1,933
Thumb

anyone with the 2 into 1 and the FMF Q4 Titanium able to record a video & post it here? (similar to the one earlier in this thread with the remus) trying to decide between the two, and i'm not sold on the more expensive 2 into 1 roxx.

thanks!
Old 06-19-2012, 07:28 AM   #175
tomdubz
getting there

Oddometer: 453
Quote:
After installing my GPR 2:1 complete system, I had lots of popping on decel. Leaving the stock map ('09-990 also) and performing SAS/Cannister-ectomies did away with the popping. Just my experience.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:50 AM   #176
Nut Clutch
was Steve Lavigne

Oddometer: 429
Quote:
thanks moto-treks, my roxx 2 into 1 pipe has no provision for clamping or gaskets of any kind, maybe I need to try and seal those joints better to see if that is the cause. thanks for the tip, it would be nice if that cures the prob.
You need some high temp copper silicone. That's what I used on mine.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...t-Sealant.aspx

Makes installation quite easy and seals without issue.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:48 PM   #177
JGE
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Quote:
I also have the Remus ROXX system (beautiful and sounds great in case anyone was wondering) and also have lots of popping on decel. From reading I'm more inclined to side with tomdubz and say it is the emissions equipment causing the popping. I have the SAS blocking plates but just have not had time to install them yet. Will report back if popping still exists after install.
JGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:29 PM   #178
hvman
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nut Clutch View Post
You need some high temp copper silicone. That's what I used on mine.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...t-Sealant.aspx

Makes installation quite easy and seals without issue.

installation complete, will report results Wed. thanks all!
Old 06-20-2012, 05:50 AM   #179
ian408
Oh?

Oddometer: 13,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia View Post
anyone with the 2 into 1 and the FMF Q4 Titanium able to record a video & post it here? (similar to the one earlier in this thread with the remus) trying to decide between the two, and i'm not sold on the more expensive 2 into 1 roxx.

thanks!
I have the standard aluminum Q4. Don't think the material affects the sound that much.
ian408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:58 AM   #180
Nut Clutch
was Steve Lavigne

Oddometer: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
I have the standard aluminum Q4. Don't think the material affects the sound that much.
Not the material that makes the difference. The collector on the 2 into 1 on the Roxx merges to a much larger smoother diameter. Look earlier in this thread. I posted photos and measurements. I have had a FMF Q4 with the adv 2 into 1 and also the Roxx. Big difference between the two.