Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2006, 08:36 AM   #181
kdude
orgasmatron engineer

Oddometer: 2,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARB
Just got a shopping cart working on my website www.alaskaleather.com Advriders get a 10% discount if you key in the word "deadsheep" in the coupon line on the order form (without the quotation marks, of course)
Help me pay the light bill for January and give your buttbones a break this riding season. Thanks! Barb
Hi Barb.. do you have a pic of the sheepskin on a 1200 GS ? Would like to see what it looks like before I order. hp
Old 01-13-2006, 01:36 PM   #182
Bounce
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,484
Kdude -- I believe that BARB's site shows a 12GS with one, at least it did when I bought mine. Get one...it's well worth it! My only bitch is that my cat likes to sleep on it.

BARB -- What's the proposed fix when standing on the pegs and the front of the pad blows back and doubles over on itself? Will an additional strap stiched to the front resolve that?

If you won't stand behind our troops, please stand in front of them
Bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 03:11 PM   #183
BARB OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKBEAK
Kdude -- I believe that BARB's site shows a 12GS with one, at least it did when I bought mine. Get one...it's well worth it! My only bitch is that my cat likes to sleep on it.

BARB -- What's the proposed fix when standing on the pegs and the front of the pad blows back and doubles over on itself? Will an additional strap stiched to the front resolve that?
I now put a front strap on the 1200GS pad if someone requests it. Send yours back and I'll do it no charge. Thanks, Barb
BARB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 08:47 AM   #184
BARB OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpilottx
Hey Barb, a friend and I are planning an Alaskan ride this summer. I read somewhere that you are now stocking tires for dual sports and I wanted to comfirm that.

Do you stock TKC80's to fit a KTM 950? Anyway, we will probably be thru sometime in July.

I rode from El Paso to Anchorage in the summer of 2004 and I think you went to high school with my wife or sister in law. They went to East and graduated in 75 or 77. The last name was Farkas.

PS Have two of your buttpads and they make the seat on my KTM adequate, not comfortable, but adequate.
Yes, I stock all popular dualsport tires. Call me and let me know the aprox date you'll be here. We'll stash a set with your name on them. Then call me a couple days before you get to Anchorage (toll free works in Canada 877-562-23240) so we can mount & balance when you arrive. You have to take them off the bike yourself. You can also change your oil here. Glad the buttpad works, that KTM seat sure does suck. Is your wife Donna? Thanks, Barb
Old 01-14-2006, 08:38 PM   #185
BARB OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GStupid
Anybody got pic's of one on a GS? Much appreciated!
On the website front page is a slide show of bikes, both the 11XX and 1200 are there. Barb
Old 01-18-2006, 02:12 PM   #186
FixxiT
Lunitic Fringe

Oddometer: 938
Thanks Barb

My new skins arrived yesterday
I like what you did with the Twilight

Iffen anyone is settin on the fence....just watchin the sheeps go by....Barb does nice work, and ships FAST
You could be riding one quicker than you think
Old 01-18-2006, 07:15 PM   #187
DLdeano
Ridin' all I can

Oddometer: 951
ordered one today for the Wee...pretty excited about it. Not often you can find any worthy mod for >$50. Send it down Barb, I am waiting in FL, got a trip to North Georgia coming up and my fatty a$$ needs a break.

Are you putting the extra strap on the Wee pads, too?? I requested it on my order form, just curious to see if ya'll are still doing that. Thanks a million.
DLdeano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:25 PM   #188
Queen
Escapee

Oddometer: 24,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLdeano
ordered one today for the Wee...pretty excited about it. Not often you can find any worthy mod for >$50. Send it down Barb, I am waiting in FL, got a trip to North Georgia coming up and my fatty a$$ needs a break.

Are you putting the extra strap on the Wee pads, too?? I requested it on my order form, just curious to see if ya'll are still doing that. Thanks a million.
I'm sending my RT pad back to be modified to fit the Wee, she said she'd add the extra strap to keep it from flapping when I'm up on the pegs. You're gonna LOVE your buttpad!
Queen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:23 PM   #189
BARB OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixxiT
Thanks Barb

My new skins arrived yesterday
I like what you did with the Twilight

Iffen anyone is settin on the fence....just watchin the sheeps go by....Barb does nice work, and ships FAST
You could be riding one quicker than you think
Can you take a picture of the Twilight on the GS? I'd love to have one for the site. Thanks, Barb
Old 01-20-2006, 09:59 PM   #190
Van Isle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 850
Canadian Shipping

Hi Barb! Is it really $30 US to ship a $50 product to Canada? Being in Victoria I'm closer to you than anywhere in the lower 48! Is it cheaper to ship by air, UPS, FEDEX? Options? Thanks!

Mitch
Victoria, BC
Van Isle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 07:28 AM   #191
BARB OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Isle
Hi Barb! Is it really $30 US to ship a $50 product to Canada? Being in Victoria I'm closer to you than anywhere in the lower 48! Is it cheaper to ship by air, UPS, FEDEX? Options? Thanks!

Mitch
Victoria, BC
Yes, that's for FedEx only, 3-5 day service. I'm putting in a new system that will give an online choice for shipping with current rates. If we go US postal service, it's between $10.00 and $19.00 to BC. That can take anywhere from 4-40 days. FedEx offers tracking and insurance and US postal doesn't. There can also be a brokerage fee for FedEx. Shipping does suck! I can send a pad for $6.00 to Key West (6,000 miles) and $19.00 to Beaver Creek
(370 miles)!! My toll free number works in Canada and the US-877-562-2324 call me for options. Thanks, Barb
Old 01-21-2006, 08:49 PM   #192
DirtMerchant
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,462
a few questions

Can anyone tell me if there is any real difference between the Rally Special and the Deluxe? I realize the density may vary or it may have seams but is there a real difference that my cheeks will notice? Does the black bleed of fade and if so will a washing help the bleed? If I get the nose strap how many extra straps should I order?

Thanks,

Rodney

DirtMerchant screwed with this post 01-21-2006 at 09:25 PM
DirtMerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 08:49 AM   #193
BARB OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtMerchant
Can anyone tell me if there is any real difference between the Rally Special and the Deluxe? I realize the density may vary or it may have seams but is there a real difference that my cheeks will notice? Does the black bleed of fade and if so will a washing help the bleed? If I get the nose strap how many extra straps should I order?

Thanks,

Rodney
I use much better sheepskin on the deluxe pads. Your cheeks, however will not notice. The deluxe fades less and has less chance of getting on clothing. The black doesn't "bleed" but there may be rub-off due to friction, so washing won't do anything. If you have a light seat or light pants, get a light color. You don't need to get extra straps, the elastic is much heavier and I now have a solid strap option. Nose strap depends on what bike you are riding. The nose strap is sewn in place and just holds the front down. Thanks, Barb
Old 01-24-2006, 07:50 AM   #194
BARB OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBOTU
I'm sending my RT pad back to be modified to fit the Wee, she said she'd add the extra strap to keep it from flapping when I'm up on the pegs. You're gonna LOVE your buttpad!
Your pad survived minor day surgery and will leave today. Let me know how it fits, I'm experimenting again. Thanks, Barb
Old 01-24-2006, 08:08 AM   #195
Queen
Escapee

Oddometer: 24,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARB
Your pad survived minor day surgery and will leave today. Let me know how it fits, I'm experimenting again. Thanks, Barb
Thanks Barb!
Queen is online now   Reply With Quote