User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2011, 06:03 AM   #31
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 32,121
Nice job son!

Now we gotta figger' where to put that thing when you get home!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:53 AM   #32
JaiDee
Petrolhead

Oddometer: 2,355
Way to go Coy! Can't wait to ride with you when we're both back in Ark. I like the way you cleaned everything up with wiring and all the rest of the bits and pieces. Ride safe!

-JD
- Robert Frost
"Charter Member of the T.O. Club" '08 WR250R, '05 F650GS Dakar
JaiDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:37 AM   #33
nanotech9
** Slidewayz **

Oddometer: 1,437
looks good! I dont know about the 400's for sure, but my 426 had a "blue wire mod" that allowed the bike to get full spark when starting it instead of a reduced spark rate. You unplug the blue wire out of one of the plugs.

Also, out on the highway, those bikes would pop and have irregular steady throttle unless you disconnected the TPS sensor. It never seemed to harm the bike any other way, and cured the irregular throttle issues. Documented fix for the 426.

Get the auto-decomp cam. I promise you you'll love it. I always liked my decomp lever, but you get stalled once at a light somewhere, with traffic behind you, and you try to get it restarted in a hurry under pressure, you make mistakes and the bike wont start lol. the auto decomp will let you kick it over while you're still moving and balanced on the bike w/o putting a foot down. ;)

lookin good!
'04 KTM 525 EXC
'02 YAMAHA TTR 125
'99 KTM 50 ADV
'86 KTM 250 2-smoker resto-project
nanotech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:10 PM   #34
hellfire76
haphazard adventurer

Oddometer: 706
I love those E-line stator setups. I had one on a CR500. I had dual headlights on the thing and it would light up a whole forest. I am in the middle of setting a friends CR250 up with lighting and found out you can't buy them new anymore.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:11 PM   #35
mark horton
n00b

Oddometer: 2
help

hey i have the same bike and would like to do the same thing but i cant find a stater where did you get your stater and headlight, tail light and reg/rec.
mark horton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #36
tntmo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark horton View Post
hey i have the same bike and would like to do the same thing but i cant find a stater where did you get your stater and headlight, tail light and reg/rec.
Even though you brought an old thread back, I can help you out. You probably can't buy that stator anywhere unless you get lucky and buy a used one. What you can do is install a flywheel and stator from a WR426 to get your electrical power. Then just find a head light and tail light that you like online.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #37
motoxer667
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 511
Quote:
I run a WR400/426 Stator and Flywheel on my dual sported '01YZ 426
I also put in a WR 5th gear in the trans
Old 12-01-2012, 05:04 PM   #38
motoxer667
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by tntmo View Post
Even though you brought an old thread back, I can help you out. You probably can't buy that stator anywhere unless you get lucky and buy a used one. What you can do is install a flywheel and stator from a WR426 to get your electrical power. Then just find a head light and tail light that you like online.

I should have read one more reply to this thread before posting my other one
Old 12-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #39
Clew540 OP
Ready to Ride

Oddometer: 88
Quote:

Well the thread is kinda old but not old enough for me to have bought the stator i have new. I got the external stator of ebay used i have seen them on there since. However you can use the stator and flywheel from a 2001 wr426 i believe that is right but so some research to make sure. If i recall that stator off the 426 is 130watt stator the baja designs stator i put on is a 180watt stator. As far as headlight and regulator its a baja designs kit for yamaha it comes with a regulator however i went with a high output regulator being i am pushing 180 watts instead of 100 watts. Like i said do your research if you do the flywheel and stator conversion i believe you have to change wiring harness and all. Good luck with your bike if you have any other questions i will help as much as i can but all i know is from researching this bike online.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:50 PM   #40
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 5,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clew540 View Post
Well here all you do is pass emissions and go to the dmv and they give you a plate.
Unfortunately this is the hang up. Easier said than done. Most of my street and dual sport bikes have failed emissions quite a few times. Trying to get an older MX bike through emissions would not be easy. You must have just lucked out. I have 2 different carbs for my XT225, one properly jetted for riding, and one jetted way to lean to pass emissions. I have to swap them every year. There is absolutely no chance of getting a 2 stroke through AZ emissions. My ex inlaws have 3 quads converted to street legal, and they have had a nightmare trying to get them through emissions.

The really sad thing about it is that Maricopa county is the ONLY county in the entire country that has emissions testing for motorcycles, and a law was passed back in 2008 doing away with it. Now, more than 4 years later, that law has still not taken effect. I'm beginning to lose hope that it ever will. IF it ever does, I think the first thing I'm going to do is to take a big 2 stroke MX bike and make it street legal. Take that EPA.
1980 Puch moped
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote