Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2011, 02:16 PM   #136
M@gneto OP
Esoteric Meanderer

Oddometer: 285
Heater Control

Message body

Here it is, I really like where I put the power outlet.

This is the heated grip control.

This is a reminder of what looked at the beginning.

This is what it looks like today. I have changed it's model letters from VX, to VXA, Very Xciting Adventure.

Here it is on the road at last!

I'll talk a little more about it when you get these up.
Attached Images

It is the pervading law of all things organic and inorganic, of all things physical and metaphysical, of all things human and all things super-human, of all true manifestations of the head, of the heart, of the soul, that the life is recognizable in its expression, That form ever follows function. This is the law. Louis Sullivan

M@gneto screwed with this post 06-24-2011 at 02:23 PM
M@gneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:18 PM   #137
M@gneto OP
Esoteric Meanderer

Before

Before
Attached Images

It is the pervading law of all things organic and inorganic, of all things physical and metaphysical, of all things human and all things super-human, of all true manifestations of the head, of the heart, of the soul, that the life is recognizable in its expression, That form ever follows function. This is the law. Louis Sullivan
Old 06-24-2011, 02:19 PM   #138
M@gneto OP
Esoteric Meanderer

After

After
Attached Images

Old 06-24-2011, 02:21 PM   #139
M@gneto OP
Esoteric Meanderer

Test Ride

Test Ride
Attached Images

Old 06-24-2011, 02:22 PM   #140
M@gneto OP
Esoteric Meanderer

Again

Again
Attached Images

Old 06-24-2011, 02:30 PM   #141
JagLite
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 977
Cool2 VXAdventure is right!

Looks great!
It will be a fun ride.
My front suspension looked just about the same before I put stronger springs and much longer preload spacers in the tubes. Looks like you use up at least have the travel just sitting on the bike. I replaced the fork springs soon after my first ride as they bottomed out on just about anything, including braking.
James
JagLite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:03 PM   #142
LikeItLoud
Adventure Seeker

Oddometer: 140
VXAdventure

Thanks for the compliment. I've put a lot of time and effort into this project, and enjoyed every minute of it. The front springs and front fender extension will be coming next. These are without a doubt these are the weakest springs I have ever come across. Within the next few days, I'll give you a recap of the ride I took, how it ran and handled

LikeItLoud

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Though I grow older with each passing day, I refuse to grow up!
LikeItLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:37 PM   #143
LikeItLoud
Adventure Seeker

Vxa

OK, there are only a few things left to do on this project, front fork springs, GPS mount, front fender extension, and side boxes. It runs fairly good for a bike that has been setting for 8 to 10 years. Had it out on the road and it handled and ran great, except for the front springs when I got it on the gravel. A pair of progressive springs will take care of that. Haven't had it on any real back roads yet, but all indications says that I am very happy with it. Will be taking it on a 500 mile trip in another week, looking forward to that.
Here is an estimate of how much we have invested to date. We paid about $500 for the bike, $400 in missing, broken and replacement parts, and so far about $200 in adventure conversion. That is $1200 so far, springs will about $85 and I'm going to figure on $200 for side boxes and $25 for the GPS mount and $75 for a new tire for front. So for about $1500 I will have a bike that is GOOD TO GO.
Come on guys, give some feed back, I can see that you are looking at it, almost 9500 hits on it so far and that we do appreciate.

LikeItLoud
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Though with each passing day I grow older, I refuse to grow up!

LikeItLoud screwed with this post 06-27-2011 at 09:45 PM
Old 06-27-2011, 09:52 PM   #144
LikeItLoud
Adventure Seeker

Vxa

I no longer call it a VX, It is a VXA Very Xciting Adventure
Old 06-30-2011, 11:58 AM   #145
bumpathump
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 328
Mag -

Looking great. You are going to notice a significant improvement in handling with the Progressive springs.

I like VXA. Makes sense to me. Please keep us updated.

Rick - red '91 VX - 82K+ miles
-------------
> I no longer call it a VX, It is a VXA Very
> Xciting Adventure
bumpathump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:39 PM   #146
Rackemcrackem
Unsafe at any speed

Oddometer: 396
I like your bike! I haven't followed your entire thread, but what you've done is impressive and the old Suzuki will get to enjoy an entire second life as an adventure bike! People may be asking you if it's a second generation V-strom.

A VX came up for sale, locally, on Craig's List and your thread made me consider checking it out but it looks like someone else probably bought it.
Rackemcrackem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:01 PM   #147
LikeItLoud
Adventure Seeker

VXAdventure

OK guys, I see that you are checking out my bike, but I would really like your thoughts, comments, and suggestions on it. This bike is going to Prudoe Bay, Ak. in August 2012, a 9000 mile round trip from Boise Id. Your suggestion just might make a difference. Negative comments will not have any impact on me what so ever, positive comments will make my day, so speak up.

LikeItLoud
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Though with each passing day I grow older, I REFUSE to grow up.

LikeItLoud screwed with this post 07-04-2011 at 12:54 AM
Old 07-05-2011, 09:12 PM   #148
LikeItLoud
Adventure Seeker

VXAdventure

Here is my power outlet for GPS, Phone, and what ever.
Attached Images

Old 07-06-2011, 09:34 AM   #149
bumpathump
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 328
Mag -

I suspect you are enjoying your 500 mile ride this week. If so, hope all went well. Let us hear about it.

> I would really like your thoughts...Negative comments
> will not have any impact on me what so ever, positive
> comments will make my day, so speak up.

How about just a constructive comment? I do not remember if you serviced the driven joint yet. With 25K+ miles on your VX, you should do that before your AK ride next year.

Rick
bumpathump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:45 AM   #150
LikeItLoud
Adventure Seeker

VXAdventure

This is what I'm talking about. I checked the gear oil, It was full and I didn't go any further. Thank you very much for the suggestion, I will definitely take your advice bumpathump.

LikeItLoud

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Though I grow older with each passing day, I Refuse to grow up!