User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2011, 10:54 PM   #181
LikeItLoud
Adventure Seeker

Oddometer: 140
Good inof.

Thanks Jim for the pics, I like your ride and I like your soft bags. I see a lot of soft bags these days and they look good, but I am still a old fashion leather guy, but I am gradually getting over it. Come to think of it, the last cruiser I bought came with soft bags that I have forgot about. I guess I better look for them and give them a try.
LikeItLoud
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Though with passing day I grow older, I REFUSE to grow up!
LikeItLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:06 AM   #182
LikeItLoud
Adventure Seeker

Gps

OK guys, The program we need for the Garmon is called ( City Navigator North America ), Cabelas has it for $100, I found available on line for $80, It covers the U S, Alaska, Canada and Mexico. That should work for a couple years. I'll get as soon as I can, might be a while though, Than I'll send it to you along with my Garmon, you load it up along with your garmons and they should be good to go.

LikeItLoud
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Though I grow older with each passing day, I REFUSE to grow up!
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2011, 07:22 AM   #183
M@gneto OP
Esoteric Moto-Nomad

Oddometer: 285
Rino

Sounds good Dad. I have the computer cable for the Rino around here somewhere. I guess I'll have to dig it up. I have a set of bags like Jims that I plan on using if I ride the TDM to Alaska next year. I was planning on taking the GS, but to be perfectly honest, there are way to many threads on here that talk about final drive failures. Even if I replace the bearings in the FD before we go, there is no guarantee it won't fail on the 10,000 mile trip. Chain and sprockets turned by a carbureted engine with minimal electronics seems safer. Anyway, about the saddlebags. Mine are blue and I use them on my V-Rod. The whole set only cost about $150 through Motorcycle Superstore and it comes with a top bag that straps directly over the sidebags. It's a very clean unit. I'll post a few pics soon.
It is the pervading law of all things organic and inorganic, of all things physical and metaphysical, of all things human and all things super-human, of all true manifestations of the head, of the heart, of the soul, that the life is recognizable in its expression, That form ever follows function. This is the law. Louis Sullivan
M@gneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:43 AM   #184
LikeItLoud
Adventure Seeker

Air Conditioning

All bikes are air conditioned, I took mine a step farther, LikeItLoud
Attached Images

Old 08-10-2011, 02:28 PM   #185
LikeItLoud
Adventure Seeker

Horn

I just realized that I don't have a pic of the horn on here, This is another item that I have had laying for so long that I don't know where it came from. Unlike nearly all bike horns that sounds more like a Roadrunner than a horn, this sounds more like a auto horn, without a dout this is the loudest horn I have ever heard on a bike, Happy about that, and I like the location also.
I also just realized that the pic I want fails to upload, I'll get the pic up as soon as I can.

LikeItLoud
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thouge with each passing day I grow older, I REFUSE to grow up!

LikeItLoud screwed with this post 08-10-2011 at 02:43 PM
Old 08-12-2011, 01:46 AM   #186
theWolfTamer
Lupie on a Mission

Oddometer: 395
Y'all make me want to do this to mine! I love this stuff. Nice.

Check out theWolfTamer Chronicles, my blog about my motorcycle life
theWolfTamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:45 AM   #187
LikeItLoud
Adventure Seeker

VXA horn

After a number of attempts I finally got a pic of the horn to come up. Seems like a lot of trouble for such a insignificant item. Anyhow, for anyone that's interested, here it is, center of pic.

LikeItLoud
__________________________________________________ ____

Though with each passing day I grow older, I REFUSE to grow up!
Attached Images

Old 08-16-2011, 12:48 PM   #188
LikeItLoud
Adventure Seeker

VXA Luggage bags

The luggage bags are on the way, would have liked hard boxes, but for $46 these bags are going to be just fine. Have some pics in a few days.

LikeItLoud
Old 08-24-2011, 12:07 PM   #189
LikeItLoud
Adventure Seeker

VXA Garmon Nuvi

Got a new vibration resistant case and mount for the Nuvi that I have had for a few years.

LikeItLoud
__________________________________________________ _____

Though with each passing day I grow older, I REFUSE to grow up!
Attached Images

Old 09-01-2011, 03:32 PM   #190
M@gneto OP
Esoteric Moto-Nomad

Hey Dad, post a couple pics with those new soft bags. I still have to get my TDM ready to go. You're way ahead of me and Drunk Uncle just picked up an '06 Triumph Tiger, so he doesn't need much. I'm behind the power curve.
It is the pervading law of all things organic and inorganic, of all things physical and metaphysical, of all things human and all things super-human, of all true manifestations of the head, of the heart, of the soul, that the life is recognizable in its expression, That form ever follows function. This is the law. Louis Sullivan
Old 09-02-2011, 05:52 AM   #191
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,111
You have fun getting tires for the 18" front wheel. I still say put some touratechs on that GS and take it. Did you get my email about hitting up Salmon Glacier on the way up in Canada. Starting to get an idea for a good route to Alaska crossing the border into Canada around Glacier National Park.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:03 AM   #192
M@gneto OP
Esoteric Moto-Nomad

Sounds good to me. I would prefer to take the long way there and the shorter (faster) way home. I would take the GS, but I don't trust the final drive. Even if I put new bearings in it right before we go, they could still fail within the 10,000 or so miles we're going to ride. Also there are a lot of electronic components and I don't want to be stuck half way between Fairbanks and Prudhoe Bay with an expensivwe bike that won't run. The TDM is carbureted, chain drive, very little electronics. It is also not a very expensive bike (i.e. expendable). I'll find an 18" that will work on the front. I think the tires are the exact same ones Dad has on the VXA.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:04 AM   #193
M@gneto OP
Esoteric Moto-Nomad

Here are pics of my bags mounted on my V-Rod.
Attached Images

Old 09-02-2011, 08:05 AM   #194
M@gneto OP
Esoteric Moto-Nomad

They look good on the blue Harley and on my Victory (also blue), but I'm wishing I had gone with silver or black, since the TDM is red.
Attached Images

Old 09-02-2011, 08:07 AM   #195
M@gneto OP
Esoteric Moto-Nomad

They aren't very big, but also have a rack on the back of the TDM with another bag that attaches to it. Looks like I'll be packing pretty light.
Attached Images