Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2011, 06:51 AM   #316
M@gneto OP
Esoteric Meanderer

Oddometer: 285
Dl1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by NortwestRider View Post
Very nice VX800 for sale here in Seattle ( mech perfect) owned by a good friend who is soooo in to maintanence that he works on it every weekend.I think he wants
$1,300 OBO
North, nobody jumped on your VStrom yet? If I was a little closer and didn't already have one, I'd be all over it. Hopefully it'll sell soon.
Mag
It is the pervading law of all things organic and inorganic, of all things physical and metaphysical, of all things human and all things super-human, of all true manifestations of the head, of the heart, of the soul, that the life is recognizable in its expression, That form ever follows function. This is the law. Louis Sullivan
M@gneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:24 PM   #317
NortwestRider
TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Oddometer: 3,516
Nope,I still have the strom.I'm gonna ride it for another month or so ( untill I finsh my new hack )and then put it in my shop untill spring and sell it then.
Facebook..PNW Adventure Riders..Facebook
MY BUILD http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=938440
NortwestRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:08 PM   #318
LikeItLoud
Adventure Seeker

Oddometer: 140
VXA & Tyler

My buddy and his new bike.
Attached Images

LikeItLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:46 AM   #319
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,085
I have to bump my departure for Alaska to the left a couple of weeks. My family reunion is in Galcier national Park the Weekend of July 15th. So I am going to ship off from there on like the 16th or 17th, whatever that Monday is. If ya'll don't mind bumping the same, I can meet everyone at Bonner's Ferry or any other crossing between the two.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:47 PM   #320
LikeItLoud
Adventure Seeker

July 16th

Actually I don't mind hooking up with you in Glacier, either Sunday evening the 15th or Mon. morning the 16th than head north from there, In fact I think Mag and I might like to see a little of Glacier Park, neither one of has been there yet.

LikeItLoud
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Though with each passing day I grow older, I REFUSE to grow up!
Old 12-09-2011, 01:00 PM   #321
M@gneto OP
Esoteric Meanderer

Guys,
I have some bad news. I just found out I have a unit to train in July. I won't be available until the first of Aug. Suggestions?
Mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Uncle View Post
I have to bump my departure for Alaska to the left a couple of weeks. My family reunion is in Galcier national Park the Weekend of July 15th. So I am going to ship off from there on like the 16th or 17th, whatever that Monday is. If ya'll don't mind bumping the same, I can meet everyone at Bonner's Ferry or any other crossing between the two.
It is the pervading law of all things organic and inorganic, of all things physical and metaphysical, of all things human and all things super-human, of all true manifestations of the head, of the heart, of the soul, that the life is recognizable in its expression, That form ever follows function. This is the law. Louis Sullivan
Old 12-09-2011, 05:00 PM   #322
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

I don't know. I will be in the middle of a cycle so getting away is going to be rough enough, so getting two seperate leaves is a no go. The reason I am getting leave at all is I am close to use or lose. So I have to head up after the reunion. I am sorry about that.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:39 AM   #323
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Proposed dates

Hey Brian got your text. Right now I am planning on setting off from Glacier National Park on Monday 16 July. I have to be back in Ft Leonard Wood on 08 Aug. So we can meet at Glacier National Park or in Bonner's Ferry. Just let me know what you would like. I am going to start laying down the GPS route when I am on leave end of December. Now this is still fluid as I have not received my next assignment. So is mid June to mid July still good for you as the back up plan?
Old 12-14-2011, 10:45 PM   #324
LikeItLoud
Adventure Seeker

VXA new tank bag

Got a new tank bag today, I haven't even considered one until M@gneto suggested it. I started looking at them on ebay and decided that if I were to get one, it would have to be something like this, but no way was I going to spend $150 for one. There were a lot of bags available, but all the real nice ones were from $125 to $150. Got this one used, but still had the tags on for $50 and free shipping.

LikeItLoud
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2011, 10:56 PM   #325
LikeItLoud
Adventure Seeker

VXA new tank bag

I took the top section off so it wouldn't be so tall. With the side bags, trunk & tank bag, this is more than enough storage space. Going to have to do something different with the GPS If I'm going to use this outfit. Might even work down in the map compartment.

LikeItLoud
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2011, 11:23 PM   #326
LikeItLoud
Adventure Seeker

VXA new tank bag

Two more items to get yet. the 2 gallon Rotopax fuel container that I keep putting off in order to buy other things, and I have also decided to get a SPOT, Global Position Tracker & Messenger. After showing it to my better half, she has declared that I won't be going without it, with SPOT, she can see our exact location at any given time by just looking at the Google Map, it will update our position every 10 minutes, and M@gs wife can also keep track of us and know that we are alright even when we are out of cell service.

LikeItLoud
---------------------------------------------------------------
Attached Images

Old 12-15-2011, 08:27 AM   #327
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,124
Better spend some time over here,

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282391
Old 12-16-2011, 10:42 AM   #328
LikeItLoud
Adventure Seeker

Spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenuclear View Post

Thanks Joe for providing the SPOT thread, it was very helpful in strengthening my view of the product. I only read 30 pages starting with Jan. 2011, that only took about 4 hours. I kept track of the positive and negative reports, to begin with the positive already out numbered the negative, then with having 3 columns for the negative, 1st for legitimate sound complaints, 2nd for frivolous complaints, and 3rd for, well I can't think of a name for this column but it's for those who should not own an electronic device. For me it's a simple conclusion, the reason to have SPOT, by far outweighs the reasons to not have. I in no way mean to step on anyone's tows here, this is just my view of how other people view the subject. Thanks again Joe, and thanks to everyone that left their feedback on the matter in that thread.

LikeItLoud
---------------------------------------------------------------
Old 12-27-2011, 08:46 AM   #329
M@gneto OP
Esoteric Meanderer

Bump

It's been a while since we've been on here. I hope everyone had a great Christmas. It looks like we're going to have some riding weather in Missouri this week, so I fired up a few bikes over the weekend to make sure the batteries still had a charge. Might ride the VStrom to work tomorrow.
It looks like the Alaska trip is going to be in July. DrunkUncle and I can't get the dates synched very well, so he may have to watch our updates on ADVrider. We'll probably go shortly after the 4th of July, because I have to be in Wisconsin early August. Dad will post a proposed route shortly and if anyone has suggestions, fire them at us, also if anyone would like to link up as we come through or near, let us know and we'll do our best to make sure stop.
Mag
Old 01-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #330
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Oddometer: 3,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeItLoud View Post
My buddy and his new bike.
I bet if you made the top removable on your truck,the pup would probably lay in there, and ride with you.I wouldn't make to long of trips tho.He may get restless.

Nice ride.Really dig those low buck mods.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote