Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2011, 12:45 PM   #106
M@gneto OP
Esoteric Meanderer

Oddometer: 285
Bigger pictures

How's that look?
It is the pervading law of all things organic and inorganic, of all things physical and metaphysical, of all things human and all things super-human, of all true manifestations of the head, of the heart, of the soul, that the life is recognizable in its expression, That form ever follows function. This is the law. Louis Sullivan
M@gneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:49 PM   #107
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,085
The pics are now fullsize and easy to see. Bike looks good.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:56 PM   #108
M@gneto OP
Esoteric Meanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Uncle View Post
The pics are now fullsize and easy to see. Bike looks good.
The sun is shining Unk. We may luck out this weekend for Swinging Bridges after all.
If any of you have never heard of the Missouri Swinging Bridges ride, check out this link: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=653112
It is the pervading law of all things organic and inorganic, of all things physical and metaphysical, of all things human and all things super-human, of all true manifestations of the head, of the heart, of the soul, that the life is recognizable in its expression, That form ever follows function. This is the law. Louis Sullivan
Old 04-27-2011, 07:04 AM   #109
John Steed
Too cheap to buy one

Oddometer: 223
Who knew? I liked the color after all!

It's different ON the bike!

Everything looks good and taking the final form, I like your spirit LikeItLoud!

As for the Windshield, you can soak some 2000 waterproof sandpaper and give it a good hand, and then rub some toothpaste on it with your hand to go everywhere and leave it for about 5 to 10 minutes. After that wash well and you are done!

Keep up the spirit of innovation!

Rebuilding an SRX 400, as to be my first bike!!
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661797

John Steed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:15 PM   #110
theWolfTamer
Lupie on a Mission

Oddometer: 394
Looks great! I'm all inspired now. Maybe when I get done with the dream mod on my FZ1 I'll get crazy with my VX.

Check out theWolfTamer Chronicles, my blog about my motorcycle life
theWolfTamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:10 AM   #111
M@gneto OP
Esoteric Meanderer

Windshield

Here are some updates from Dad. A picture speaks a thousand words, so you can see what he's done.
Attached Images

Old 05-02-2011, 11:11 AM   #112
M@gneto OP
Esoteric Meanderer

Windshield

Windshield
Attached Images

Old 05-02-2011, 11:11 AM   #113
M@gneto OP
Esoteric Meanderer

Shift Lever

Shift Lever
Attached Images

Old 05-02-2011, 11:12 AM   #114
M@gneto OP
Esoteric Meanderer

Heated grips

Heated grips
Attached Images

Old 05-02-2011, 11:12 AM   #115
M@gneto OP
Esoteric Meanderer

Bark busters

Something to protect the hands.
Attached Images

Old 05-03-2011, 06:59 AM   #116
M@gneto OP
Esoteric Meanderer

Skid plate

Skid plate is done.
Attached Images

Old 05-03-2011, 07:01 AM   #117
M@gneto OP
Esoteric Meanderer

Another view

Skid plate.
Attached Images

Old 05-03-2011, 08:23 AM   #118
bk brkr baker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,179
Love it. Freind of mine has put well over 150,000 on a VX. Solid bikes.

I modified a Yamaha XV920 in a similar manner. Here it is on the dirt roads outside of Hell's Canyon in Idaho last year.

It's heavy and way low but , if you go slow and pick your line it'll go alot of places.

Back to your build. I really like having alternate places for my feet on long days. On the Yamaha I cut down a UJM crash bar to have a place to mount the skidplate and hung some highway pegs on it. I can also get my feet on the passenger pegs for a more sporty possition. Also the riders and passengers pegs are close enough together that I can rest my feet on both for a total of 4 different options. I use them all in a long day.

Also I added a Vista-Cruise throttle lock. Great to have on long days also.
With the metal sidecases I was able to add a couple of shelves to the back that carry 5 liter S-100 jugs for spare gas. I made the shelves from road signs and the extra weight isn't really noticable. Last year on a nine day trip I used the gas from those jugs 4 times.

Anyway, looking good! And I'm betting you will bring it in within your budget. I have about $1000 in the Yamaha also.
bk brkr baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:05 AM   #119
M@gneto OP
Esoteric Meanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk brkr baker View Post
Love it. Freind of mine has put well over 150,000 on a VX. Solid bikes.

I modified a Yamaha XV920 in a similar manner. Here it is on the dirt roads outside of Hell's Canyon in Idaho last year.

It's heavy and way low but , if you go slow and pick your line it'll go alot of places.

Back to your build. I really like having alternate places for my feet on long days. On the Yamaha I cut down a UJM crash bar to have a place to mount the skidplate and hung some highway pegs on it. I can also get my feet on the passenger pegs for a more sporty possition. Also the riders and passengers pegs are close enough together that I can rest my feet on both for a total of 4 different options. I use them all in a long day.

Also I added a Vista-Cruise throttle lock. Great to have on long days also.
With the metal sidecases I was able to add a couple of shelves to the back that carry 5 liter S-100 jugs for spare gas. I made the shelves from road signs and the extra weight isn't really noticable. Last year on a nine day trip I used the gas from those jugs 4 times.

Anyway, looking good! And I'm betting you will bring it in within your budget. I have about $1000 in the Yamaha also.
Thanks for the info on the foot pegs. I'm sure Dad is already looking at options for that, but the information you provided might come in pretty handy. I've thought about a throttle lock too, especially since I have one and use it quite often.
Are those Happy Trails panniers? Whatever they are, they look great and really give the bike the "Adventure" look Dad was going for with the VX(A). Not sure he's going to be able to go with the aluminum panniers right now, but we'll find a set eventually for him to mount on there. In the meantime, some pseudo pelican cases will get the job done.
Thanks for the input. We'll keep you posted on his progress.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:45 AM   #120
bk brkr baker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,179

I don't know if Happy Trails makes them this large.
These were made by inmate jakewojo as a college design progect. He made these big ones and soime small ones and a rack to hold them all for a KLX 650. With the big boxs on the sides and the small ones stacked on top of the rack , well there was plenty of cargo space. The big boxs will hold my 7 and 5/8" full coverage helmet when I'm at the watering hole.
bk brkr baker is offline   Reply With Quote