Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2014, 03:14 AM   #1
roggriffin OP
n00b

Oddometer: 2
DR350SE - Not picking up/Bogging down

Hi,

I hope you can help me.
I recently bought and 1997 DR350SE. The bike had previously been owned by the derbyshire police force (UK) and had then been sold off at auction. The bike was then kept in a barn for 6 years before I bought it.
The bike is in good condition and starts with out any problem. It also idles fine.
However, the problem I have is that when I twist the throttle, it hesitates and boggs down at about 3000-4000 rpm, but then after 5000 rpm its fine again.I have stripped down the carb, cleaned and check jets/diaphram etc, checked the spark, checked the air filter etc.. and still have the problem.

What I have found is that if I turn the petcock to off whilst the bike is running then after about 30 seconds it no longer has the problem, and the bike picks up revs very well. But when I turn the petcock back to On it has the problem again.
The petcock I have does not appear to be the vacuum type as there is only one connector on it for the fuel line.
The vacuum point on the carb where the petcock (if it was a vacuum type) should connect does not appear to be blocked off (unless it is blocked off inside the carb). So I have tried blocking this off but didnt make any difference.
I have done a search of the forums for this and cant find anything that helps with this problem.
Please help.
Many Thanks
roggriffin is offline   Reply With Quote