ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 12:24 PM   #136
autolycos
True vulgarian
 
autolycos's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Reno, NV
Oddometer: 4,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ED XT FAN View Post
So, All TT600 riders running good? My sits for a few more weeks.
No idea. I haven't started mine for a few weeks. I just moved and am at lower elevation, so I really ought to.
autolycos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:59 PM   #137
Kelly_O
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Rifle, Colorado
Oddometer: 318
Hey Big Ed, I hope your "piggies" are doing good. My TT still isn't quite right. The float height is good. It idles good. Power is good in 1st and 2nd. Half way through 3rd the bike QUITS pulling and just coughs and surges. The only other thing that I may have done is rotate the throttle tube. The cables used to go straight down. When I added the disc brake front and the hand guards, I rotated the throttle so the cables went UP. I've read that the cables can be finicky about placement. I'll investigate, Kelly.
Kelly_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:36 PM   #138
BIG ED XT FAN
Beastly Adventurer
 
BIG ED XT FAN's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Finger Lakes Western New York
Oddometer: 1,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly_O View Post
Hey Big Ed, I hope your "piggies" are doing good. My TT still isn't quite right. The float height is good. It idles good. Power is good in 1st and 2nd. Half way through 3rd the bike QUITS pulling and just coughs and surges. The only other thing that I may have done is rotate the throttle tube. The cables used to go straight down. When I added the disc brake front and the hand guards, I rotated the throttle so the cables went UP. I've read that the cables can be finicky about placement. I'll investigate, Kelly.
Sorry to hear that your TT isnn`t in quite right??
My "Paggies" are getting better. Off the major drugs! Can walk more on it now. ED
BIG ED XT FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:20 PM   #139
dnnyrckts
n00b
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Coastal Georgia, USA
Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly_O View Post
Hey Big Ed, I hope your "piggies" are doing good. My TT still isn't quite right. The float height is good. It idles good. Power is good in 1st and 2nd. Half way through 3rd the bike QUITS pulling and just coughs and surges. The only other thing that I may have done is rotate the throttle tube. The cables used to go straight down. When I added the disc brake front and the hand guards, I rotated the throttle so the cables went UP. I've read that the cables can be finicky about placement. I'll investigate, Kelly.
Kelly_O
Have you synchronized your carbs after the rebuild? Sounds like maybe things are working with the primary carb, but problems start when the secondary starts to come into play.
dnnyrckts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:41 PM   #140
Kelly_O
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Rifle, Colorado
Oddometer: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnnyrckts View Post
Kelly_O
Have you synchronized your carbs after the rebuild? Sounds like maybe things are working with the primary carb, but problems start when the secondary starts to come into play.

It wasn't a rebuild. I pulled the bowl and cleaned the jets. It fixed the idling and low rpm stuff. Now I have a problem with the high rpm stuff. I can't even say for sure that the problem wasn't there before. It runs fine through 1st and 2nd gear. When I get to the middle of 3rd the bike starts missing really badly. It does seem as though the sync may be off. I'm going to rotate the throttle tube back to where it used to be. I'm hoping that rotating the tube has moved the cables and caused the synch problem. We'll see, Kelly.
Kelly_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:19 AM   #141
Zahnarzt OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Zahnarzt's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Vicenza Italy
Oddometer: 263
Carb

Kelly,
Did you clean the jet that is at the bottom of the secondary carb? It is a funky set up - as I'm sure you know- with the feed tube leading directly into the jet. It could also be a vacuum problem as the secondary main needle is actuated. The synch isn’t too bad to time as it is manual. Just set the secondary to open when the primary is 7mm open (I think it’s 7mm) ( there is an adjusting screw somewhere inbetween the bodies.)
I fought with mine for months trying to get is right...only to find out someone had put xt550 carbs on it.
Bought the right ones and BAM I was hurting myself in no time



Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly_O View Post
It wasn't a rebuild. I pulled the bowl and cleaned the jets. It fixed the idling and low rpm stuff. Now I have a problem with the high rpm stuff. I can't even say for sure that the problem wasn't there before. It runs fine through 1st and 2nd gear. When I get to the middle of 3rd the bike starts missing really badly. It does seem as though the sync may be off. I'm going to rotate the throttle tube back to where it used to be. I'm hoping that rotating the tube has moved the cables and caused the synch problem. We'll see, Kelly.
Attached Images
 
__________________
You seem to be suffering from the 1st world problem of having too much time on your hands. - viverrid.
Zahnarzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:17 PM   #142
NordieBoy
Armature speller
 
NordieBoy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Kiwiland
Oddometer: 7,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahnarzt View Post
Just set the secondary to open when the primary is 7mm open (I think it’s 7mm) ( there is an adjusting screw somewhere inbetween the bodies.)
On the 350, it just says to sync them so both butterflies hit full at the same time.
NordieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:13 PM   #143
Zahnarzt OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Zahnarzt's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Vicenza Italy
Oddometer: 263
I think they will end up fully open together, it is when the secondary starts that can cause a step in the acceleration curve.




Quote:
Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
On the 350, it just says to sync them so both butterflies hit full at the same time.
Attached Images
 
__________________
You seem to be suffering from the 1st world problem of having too much time on your hands. - viverrid.
Zahnarzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #144
Zahnarzt OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Zahnarzt's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Vicenza Italy
Oddometer: 263
New Back Yard

So, For the last full year I have had my TT just sitting in the garage... Just nowhere to ride with out loading it up and ponying up some bucks. Not my idea of an adventure.

So, The Mrs and I packed up the little ones and moved to NC where it is still hot as all get out, but the dirt is quite a bit more accessible, just out the back door to be exact.

I have put more hours on the ole girl – the TT6 you pervs – in the last week than the whole previous year.

I’ll get some action shot in the near future…Here are some “aftermath” shots.

Please excuse my attempt at creativity.






__________________
You seem to be suffering from the 1st world problem of having too much time on your hands. - viverrid.

Zahnarzt screwed with this post 08-03-2011 at 05:27 PM
Zahnarzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #145
BIG ED XT FAN
Beastly Adventurer
 
BIG ED XT FAN's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Finger Lakes Western New York
Oddometer: 1,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahnarzt View Post
So, For the last full year I have had my TT just sitting in the garage... Just nowhere to ride with out loading it up and ponying up some bucks. Not my idea of an adventure.

So, The Mrs and I packed up the little ones and moved to NC where it is still hot as all get out, but the dirt is quite a bit more accessible, just out the back door to be exact.

I have put more hours on the ole girl – the TT6 you pervs – in the last week than the whole previous year.

I’ll get some action shot in the near future…Here are some “aftermath” shots.

Please excuse my attempt at creativity.






Hi, My Misses has had up to here of New York. Now she is talking about moving to N.C.!!! So, maybe we can ride together!! Let you know! Nice muddy TT 600 by the way!!
BIG ED XT FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:52 PM   #146
BIG ED XT FAN
Beastly Adventurer
 
BIG ED XT FAN's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Finger Lakes Western New York
Oddometer: 1,198
TT600 riders?

Hi, Got done with foot!! Now both hands need a tune-up. Right is done, 2-3 weeks the left will be done.
Anybody riding? Rode my TT600 just about 5-10 minutes today. Runs good.
BIG ED XT FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:25 PM   #147
NordieBoy
Armature speller
 
NordieBoy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Kiwiland
Oddometer: 7,132
Re-soldered some wires and took my TT600 wannabe for a spin just to check everything was still working.

I think it is but may have to check again tomorrow.
NordieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:47 AM   #148
BIG ED XT FAN
Beastly Adventurer
 
BIG ED XT FAN's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Finger Lakes Western New York
Oddometer: 1,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
Re-soldered some wires and took my TT600 wannabe for a spin just to check everything was still working.

I think it is but may have to check again tomorrow.
Whats a TT600 "wannabe" look like?
BIG ED XT FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:53 PM   #149
NordieBoy
Armature speller
 
NordieBoy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Kiwiland
Oddometer: 7,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ED XT FAN View Post
Whats a TT600 "wannabe" look like?
One day it'll grow up...

NordieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:18 AM   #150
BIG ED XT FAN
Beastly Adventurer
 
BIG ED XT FAN's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Finger Lakes Western New York
Oddometer: 1,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
One day it'll grow up...

That kiwi bird has a great place to ride!

BIG ED XT FAN screwed with this post 09-04-2011 at 10:41 PM
BIG ED XT FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014